Denny Hamlin and Sport Clips Honor Military at Ft. Bragg, Unveil “Throwback” Scheme for Darlington Race Weekend
- Sub Headline: Military members and their families receive race tickets to the VFW's Sport Clips Help A Hero 200
- FranchisePOD Showcase: http://franchisepod.com/ads/sport-clips-franchise-opportunities/
- Listed: September 18, 2016 8:07 am
- Expires: 31 days, 16 hours
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (FranchisePOD.com) Aug. 23, 2016 – Throwback Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR) driver Denny Hamlin, and long-time partner Sport Clips, officially unveiled the No. 11 Sport Clips Toyota Camry “Throwback” edition today at the Ft. Bragg Airborne & Special Operations Museum. The paint scheme is modeled after the No. 11 car driven by NASCAR Hall-of-Famer Darrell Waltrip in the 1980’s. The special throwback edition will debut at Darlington Raceway on Labor Day weekend with Hamlin in the No. 18 Sport Clips Camry in Saturday’s VFW Sport Clips Help A Hero 200, as well as the No. 11 Sport Clips Camry in the Southern 500 on Sunday.
In their fifth-consecutive year as the title sponsor of the NASCAR XFINITY Series (NXS) race at Darlington Raceway, the VFW Sport Clips Help A Hero 200, Sport Clips presented 140 race tickets to local military members and their families. In 2013, Sport Clips proudly partnered with the VFW to form the “Sport Clips Help A Hero Scholarship” program. The scholarship program helps make the transition from military life to the civilian workplace a little easier through education. To date, Sport Clips has helped provide more than $2.4 million in scholarships to active-duty service members and veterans. In addition, Sport Clips presented a donation to The Patriot Foundation, which provides support to families of Fort Bragg, Fort Campbell, Special Operations Soldiers and other warriors in the form of scholarships, aid for families of fallen and disabled soldiers, job training and more.
Gordon Logan, founder & CEO of Sport Clips, served as an Aircraft Commander in the U.S. Air Force. Logan grew up in Sumter, South Carolina, less than an hour from Darlington Raceway. “Sport Clips supports numerous veterans’ groups and efforts, and our relationship with Joe Gibbs Racing, Denny Hamlin and the VFW Sport Clips Help A Hero 200 has always been a special one,” said Logan. “It’s rewarding to know that in addition to providing scholarships for so many through our Help A Hero Scholarship program, we can also provide a day of fun at Darlington Raceway for local military members and their families.”
“We’re excited and I know the fans will be excited, as well, for the Sport Clips paint scheme during the throwback weekend at Darlington,” said Joe Gibbs, owner of Joe Gibbs Racing. “Gordon (Logan) and his team at Sport Clips have always shown a big commitment to our military. The Help A Hero Scholarship program has helped a lot of active service members and veterans and we’re just thrilled to be a part of it.”
Hamlin won the VFW Sport Clips Help A Hero 200 last year and has the most NXS victories of any driver at Darlington Raceway. Hamlin also has the highest-average finish in the Sprint Cup Series and the second-best driver rating at the “Too Tough To Tame” track. Tune into NBC on Saturday, September 3rd at 3:30 PM ET for the VFW Sport Clips Help A Hero 200, followed by the Southern 500 on Sunday, September 4th at 6:00 PM ET.
About Sport Clips Haircuts
Sport Clips Haircuts is headquartered in Georgetown, Texas. It was established in 1993 and began franchising in 1995. The sports-themed haircutting franchise, which specializes in haircuts for men and boys, is ranked by Entrepreneur Magazine as one of the “Fastest-Growing Franchises” and in the top 20 in its “Franchise 500.” There are more than 1,500 Sport Clips stores open in the U.S. and Canada. Sport Clips is the “Official Haircutter” of the Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW), offers veterans preferential pricing on haircuts and franchises, and was named a “2016 Best for Vets: Franchises” by Military Times. Sport Clips provides “haircuts with heart” through its annual Help A Hero fundraiser that has given almost $4 million to the VFW; national partnership with St. Baldrick’s Foundation, the largest private funder of childhood cancer research grants; and other national and local philanthropic outreach. Sport Clips is a proud sponsor of Joe Gibbs Racing’s NASCAR drivers Denny Hamlin and Carl Edwards, and partners with numerous NCAA and professional sports teams. To learn more about Sport Clips, visit sportclips.com.
342 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (50 views)
- How This U.S. Veteran Thrived as a Signal 88 Franchisee (41 views)
- Any Lab Test Now Honored For First Time On Prestigious Inc. 5000 List (83 views)
- Salata To Open In Quail Springs Thursday (80 views)
- Buffalo Wild Wings-Owned R Taco Adds Five Locations (73 views)
- Cherry Blow Dry Bar to Expand in New Jersey and Pennsylvania (70 views)
- Scooter’s Coffee to Double Presence in Cedar Rapids (70 views)
- AtWork Group Ranked as One of the Largest Staffing Firms in the US (60 views)
- Brightway Insurance Celebrates Ninth Anniversary (52 views)
- Tin Drum Asian Kitchen Taps Hot Foodie Trend with New Poke Menu Offerings (52 views)
- Club Pilates Named America’s Fourth Fastest-Growing Company by Inc. Magazine (52 views)
- Mosquito Squad Recognized As One Of America’s Fastest Growing Companies By Inc. Magazine For Seventh Consecutive Year (49 views)
- Dallas Cowboys and 7-Eleven Partner on Limited-Edition Collectible Cup (41 views)
- Always Best Care Announces New Owner Of Burlington Territory (41 views)
- Anytime Fitness Flexes Development Plans for Alabama (40 views)