Dickeys Barbecue Pit Announces Expansion Plans Within New York State, Adding Two Stores in Buffalo, NY
- Sub Headline: Owner/Operators Abban Westby and Michael Mulcahy will open two Dickey’s locations in Upstate New York
- City: Buffalo
- State: New York
- Franchise URL: http://www.dickeys.com
- Listed: March 27, 2016 2:05 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
March 23, 2016 // FranchisePOD.com // Buffalo, NY – Dickey’s Barbecue Pit is expanding to Upstate New York with a development agreement just executed to open two new stores in Buffalo. Currently the closest Texas-style barbecue is over three hours’ drive away, and the new restaurants will provide a new Fast Casual concept to the city overflowing with wings and pizza. The first new location will open by the end of 2016 with the second opening in 2017. Location sites are in the process of being selected.
Originally from Ireland, Abban Westby has owned three other restaurant concepts in the Buffalo area. Westby came to America via Ocean City, MD after studying hotel and catering management in his hometown of Dublin, Ireland. He has been a restauranteur in upstate New York for over a decade, but decided the City of Good Neighbors needed to add Texas-style barbecue to its list of restaurants. Also from Ireland, Michael Mulcahy has been based in Boston for the past decade. His background is in real estate financing, with a heavy concentration in the bar & restaurant and hotel space.
They will open the new restaurants under Dickey’s new store model, with a rustic look featuring reclaimed wood and a glass display case for meats, as well as a smaller footprint. “After touring the new store model in Dallas we knew that we wanted to open this concept in Buffalo,” Westby says. “The modern authentic vibe and rustic look will be popular here, and we look forward to serving Texas-style barbecue to the community here.” The duo hopes to open several more locations in the future.
“Dickey’s is continuing to expand across the East Coast,” says Roland Dickey, Jr., CEO of Dickey’s Barbecue Restaurants, Inc. “Currently we have four locations in New York State, and we look forward to opening the two new stores in this area and expanding throughout the surrounding Northeastern states.”
To learn more about franchising with Dickeys, visit www.dickeys.com/franchise or call 866-340-6188.
To find the Dickey’s Barbecue Pit nearest you, click here. Find Dickey’s on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
About Dickey’s Barbecue Restaurants, Inc.
Dickey’s Barbecue Restaurants, Inc., the nation’s largest barbecue chain was founded in 1941 by Travis Dickey with the goal of authentic slow smoked barbecue. Today, all meats are still slow smoked on-site in each restaurant living up to the company tagline, “We Speak Barbecue.” The Dallas-based family-run barbecue franchise offers a quality selection of signature meats, home style sides, tangy barbecue sauce and free kids’ meals every Sunday. The fast-casual concept has expanded to over 540 locations in 43 states. Dickey’s was recognized for the third year by Nation’s Restaurant News as a “Top 10 Growth Chain” and by Technomic as the “Fastest-growing restaurant chain in the country.” For more information, visit www.dickeys.com or for barbecue franchise opportunities call 866.340.6188.
SOURCE Dickey’s Barbecue Restaurants, Inc.
Public Relations Specialist
Dickey’s Barbecue Restaurants, Inc.
(972) 248-9899 ext. 235
200 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Sport Clips Haircut Franchise Markets Available By State (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS INTERNATIONAL, INC. CEO CATHERINE MONSON NAMED IN TOP 20 FACES OF FRANCHISING (2 views)
- NEW FASTSIGNS® LOCATION OPENS IN CORAL SPRINGS (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS: EXTENDING BRANDING ELEMENTS TO INTERIOR DÉCOR PROMOTES CULTURE AND ENGAGEMENT (1 views)
- SIGNAL 88 HERO OF THE MONTH: JANUARY, 2017 (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS INTERNATIONAL RECEIVES CFA 2017 AWARD (1 views)
- Huey Magoo’s Chicken Tenders Announces New Board Members Formerly Of Wingstop Restaurants (1 views)
- Orlando Business Journal: Signal 88 Security to Expand in Florida (1 views)
- Debra Sawyer: Successfully Bringing a Woman’s Touch to Sport Clips’ Guy-Themed Concept (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler – The Vision is Clear (1 views)
- DRNK & QWENCH Announces Huge Development News! (1 views)
- Ziebart Announces New Product To Its Protection And Appearance Line-Up, Ceramic Z-Gloss® Paint Coating, Longest Lasting Paint Coating On The Market (1 views)
- Mother and Son Duo Start Family Business With Signal 88 Security (1 views)
- Club Pilates Named America’s Fourth Fastest-Growing Company by Inc. Magazine (1 views)
- Local franchisees recognized for charitable giving (1 views)