- Sub Headline: New paper products and other non-food items debuting in 2016 create smaller carbon footprint system-wide
- City: Dallas
- State: Texas
- Franchise URL: http://www.dickeys.com
- Listed: February 12, 2016 2:01 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
February 12, 2016 // FranchisePOD.com // Dallas, TX – Dickey’s Barbecue Pit is launching new products system-wide that will not only reduce its carbon footprint but generate more opportunities for profitability for Owner/Operators. New greener products include paper products, clamshell takeout containers and wood pellets as well as the elimination of foam products. Eco-friendly catering plates are also in the works and are planned to debut by May 2016.
Dickey’s new paper towels not only replace current back-of-house paper products, but will also replace front-of-house napkins. These unbleached towels are made from 40 percent post-consumer recycled fiber and exceed EPA guidelines. New toilet paper also exceeds EPA guidelines, made from 25 percent post-consumer recycled fiber and meets the Green Seal standard by using less water and no chlorine during processing. Dickey’s is also using butcher paper for dine-in service, which is made of natural unbleached craft paper and is fully recyclable.
New clamshell takeout containers are made of 100 percent sugarcane, which is fully compostable and fully recyclable. They are lined with wax, which gives the containers the sturdiness needed for takeout but also allow them to be fully eco-friendly. A new three-compartment catering plate made of sugarcane is also in the works to replace foam plates.
“We are proud to roll out these green improvements to current products,” says Tamala Fowler, Vice President of Purchasing and R&D. “Positive feedback from Owner/Operators and guests inspire us to continue moving toward more sustainability initiatives and eco-friendly practices.”
Dickey’s also rolled out its proprietary blend of wood pellets to be used in smokers last October with the debut of its newly redesigned store concept. The wood pellets are made of a blend of hickory, cherry and other flavorful woods, and use 80% less wood use than a traditional pit smoker, drastically reducing the carbon footprint.
To learn more about franchising with Dickeys, visit www.dickeys.com/franchise or call 866-340-6188.
To find the Dickey’s Barbecue Pit nearest you, click here. Find Dickey’s on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
About Dickey’s Barbecue Restaurants, Inc.
Dickey’s Barbecue Restaurants, Inc., the nation’s largest barbecue chain was founded in 1941 by Travis Dickey with the goal of authentic slow smoked barbecue. Today, all meats are still slow smoked on-site in each restaurant living up to the company tagline, “We Speak Barbecue.” The Dallas-based family-run barbecue franchise offers a quality selection of signature meats, home style sides, tangy barbecue sauce and free kids’ meals every Sunday. The fast-casual concept has expanded to over 530 locations in 43 states. Dickey’s was recognized for the third year by Nation’s Restaurant News as a “Top 10 Growth Chain” and by Technomic as the “Fastest-growing restaurant chain in the country.” For more information, visit www.dickeys.com or for barbecue franchise opportunities call 866.340.6188.
SOURCE Dickey’s Barbecue Restaurants, Inc.
Public Relations Specialist
Dickey’s Barbecue Restaurants, Inc.
(972) 248-9899 ext. 235
226 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- How This U.S. Veteran Thrived as a Signal 88 Franchisee (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security Announces First European Master Franchise (1 views)
- Moran Family of Brands Announces Franchisees of the Year (2 views)
- Scooter’s Coffee to Double Presence in Cedar Rapids (1 views)
- Famous Toastery and Dancakes Launch Holiday Character Pancake Art Campaign (1 views)
- World-Famous Donut Bar to Offer Exclusive Franchise Opportunities (1 views)
- NEW FASTSIGNS® CENTER OPENS IN FARMINGTON, NEW MEXICO (1 views)
- Jazen Tea Celebrates 5 Years With Free Drinks for a Year (1 views)
- After Floods Swept Through Louisiana, Sport Clips Team Members Band Together to Rebuild a Devastated Community (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® Seeks Franchisees at Idealliance Experience Annual Conference May 3-5 (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS of Kirkland’s Shugarts acquires Stanford Signs in Redmond, WA (1 views)
- House Doctors of Somerset Commits to Another 10 Years (1 views)