- Sub Headline: Dickey's celebrates grand opening Thursday with four days of fun, including free barbecue for a year for three lucky guests
- Franchise URL: http://www.dickeys.com
- Listed: March 30, 2016 1:01 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
ALTOONA, Pa., March 30, 2016 /FranchisePOD.com/ — Slow-smoked barbecue is headed to Altoona as Dickey’s Barbecue Pit opens a new store this Thursday near the University of Pennsylvania! To celebrate the grand opening, three guests will win free barbecue for a year at the new Altoona location. Guests can enter to win using hashtag #1FreeYearofBBQ on any social media page, order online or sign up for the Big Yellow Cup Club to receive special offers and loyalty points which can be redeemed for free barbecue.
Doors open on Thirsty Thursday, when all guests will receive a free Big Yellow Cup with Dickey’s new reusable travel lid and straw. On Philanthropy Friday, all proceeds from Dickey’s signature potato chip sales will benefit Dickey’s charitable foundation, Barbecue Boots & Badges, which supports first responders and their families. On Singer/Songwriter Saturday, lead singer Erika Marino of Shallow 9 will play a variety of tunes from 1 p.m. – 3 p.m. Kids eat free on Sunday as always!
“We are proud to have Owner / Operator Jay Rhodes open a Dickey’s Barbecue Pit in Altoona as we continue to expand throughout the East Coast,” says Roland Dickey, Jr., CEO of Dickey’s Barbecue Restaurants, Inc. “Jay is a proven community leader and we congratulate him as he takes up this new adventure with Dickey’s Barbecue Pit.”
The grand opening weekend includes:
Thursday, March 31 – Thirsty Thursday – Free Big Yellow Cup with Dickey’s new reusable travel lid and straw.
Friday, April 1 – Philanthropy Friday – 100 percent of potato chip sales benefit Dickey’s charitable foundation Barbecue, Boots & Badges, which serves the families of first responders.
Saturday, April 2 – Singer/Songwriter Saturday. Enjoy live music from lead singer Erika Marino of Shallow 9 will play a variety of tunes from 1 p.m. – 3 p.m. and get a free Big Yellow Cup!
Sunday, April 3 – Kids Eat Free All day!
After learning about the redevelopment opportunities in downtown Altoona, Owner/Operator Jay Rhodes realized it was time to return home and take part in the revitalization efforts. “Having lived within four different states throughout my career, I’ve been building and growing things for others and now have the opportunity to grow and build a business of my own in my hometown that helped mold me into the businessman and leader I am today,” shares Jay. The newest location is also situated near the University of Pennsylvania at Altoona and Jay can’t wait to see the impact his newest endeavor will make on the community.
Barbecue fans in Altoona can find their newest Dickey’s at 1211 11th Street, Altoona, PA 16601. The phone number is 814-201-2770.
About Dickey’s Barbecue Restaurants, Inc.
Dickey’s Barbecue Restaurants, Inc., the nation’s largest barbecue chain was founded in 1941 by Travis Dickey with the goal of authentic slow-smoked barbecue. Today, all meats are still slow smoked on-site in each restaurant living up to the company tagline, “We Speak Barbecue.” The Dallas-based family-run barbecue franchise offers a quality selection of signature meats, homestyle sides, tangy barbecue sauce and free kids’ meals every Sunday. The fast-casual concept has expanded to over 540 locations in 43 states. Dickey’s Barbecue Pit was recognized for the third year by Nation’s Restaurant News as a “Top 10 Growth Chain” and by Technomic as the “Fastest-growing restaurant chain in the country.” For more information, visit www.dickeys.com or for barbecue franchise opportunities call 866.340.6188.
Kimberly Harms / Brittany Taylor
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
SOURCE Dickey’s Barbecue
594 total views, 2 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (5 views)
- Franchising Growth: Signal 88 by the Numbers (4 views)
- Meet The Signal 88 Security Franchise Leadership Team (4 views)
- An Interview with Signal 88 Co-Founder Reed Nyffeler (3 views)
- Quaker Steak & Lube® New Entrees and Desserts Combine for a Full-Meal Dining Experience (6 views)
- Coverall® Appoints New Chief Financial Officer (5 views)
- Juice It Up! Signs Three-Store Deal To Enter Florida (4 views)
- Tacos 4 Life Restaurant Brings on New Executives to Expand Business and Mission (4 views)
- E-2 Visa Holders Welcome As Nestlé® Toll House® Café by Chip® Franchisees (4 views)
- Jazen Tea Celebrates 5 Years With Free Drinks for a Year (4 views)
- Build Your Dream Lineup At Taco John’s® (4 views)
- BodyLogicMD Transforms Integrative Medicine for Physicians and Patients With Exponential Growth and Expansion (4 views)
- Woody’s Bar-B-Q® Heads North to Bring a Taste of the South to the Empire State (4 views)
- FASTSIGNS INTERNATIONAL, INC. CEO CATHERINE MONSON TO SHARE SUCCESS STRATEGIES AT DALLAS C-SUITE NETWORK CONFERENCE (3 views)
- VaporFi Continues Expansion with Seven Store Openings in Atlanta (3 views)