- Sub Headline: Texas barbecue chain Dickey's Barbecue Pit has a new brand champion thanks to CEO Roland Dickey Jr., who has announced Lee Waskom as the latest franchisee to earn the title
- City: Dallas
- State: Texas
- Listed: December 15, 2015 7:05 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
DALLAS, Dec. 14, 2015 /FranchisePOD.com/ — For any business, the success of its brand is its lifeblood. Brands represent the underlying ideals by which a business identifies and relates to its customers, and championing the values of a brand can help strengthen that relationship between a business and its audience. Dickey’s Barbecue Pit is a hugely popular Texas barbecue chain with over 520 stores, and CEO Roland Dickey, Jr. is celebrating those who best embody the chain’s brand values. The most recent Brand Championship awards has been given to Lee Waskom, of Natchitoches, Louisiana.
For 25 years, Lee Waskom operated a textbook business that serviced university campuses in northern Louisiana. He also owned a shopping center building that had a space open up at just the right time that he was ready for his next venture. After researching franchise businesses at length, Lee chose Dickey’s because of the quality food, solid internal structure and ongoing franchise support from the corporate office. The pellet ice and Coke products gave him the extra nudge and now Lee is the proud owner of one of the largest Dickey’s locations with plans to open another store in Lafayette in March.
Lee’s store is located across the street from Northwestern University in Natchitoches, Louisiana. Having partnered with universities his entire career, Lee leveraged that experience as he got his start in the barbecue business. In discussions with the school’s athletic director, Lee discovered that a large restaurant with high-protein options and TVs playing sports in demand when hosting opposing teams. Filling that need has been an excellent community engagement tool for this Dickey’s store.
In the college town of 20,000, Lee has found a niche market not only for sports, but for what he calls “in-store catering.” He was able to use extra space in his shopping center as a party room and he frequently hosts wedding parties, birthday parties and other get-togethers, in which he sets up full-service catering spreads in-house. This holiday season, Lee is already booked with many holiday parties.
A spokesperson for Roland Dickey, Jr. explained, “Roland was insistent from the beginning that we implement the best and most comprehensive support system for our franchisees, and ensure they felt part of our family. Lee has really reciprocated that family feeling, and have given back more than we could ever have expected, which is why Roland is so pleased to recognize them as Dickey’s Barbecue Pit brand champions.”
Find Dickey’s on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
About Roland Dickey, Jr.: Roland Dickey, Jr. is the CEO of Dickey’s Barbecue chain of fast-casual restaurants, and has led the franchise to over 520 stores and multiple awards, as well as being named one of the top 20 most influential restauranteurs. He regularly travels the country speaking at events and conferences on how franchises can reach the next level. For more information please visit: http://www.rolanddickeyjr.com/
About Dickey’s Barbecue Restaurants, Inc.
Dickey’s Barbecue Restaurants, Inc., the nation’s largest barbecue chain was founded in 1941 by Travis Dickey with the goal of authentic slow smoked barbecue. Today, all meats are still slow smoked on-site in each restaurant living up to the company tagline, “We Speak Barbecue.” The Dallas-based family-run barbecue franchise offers a quality selection of signature meats, home style sides, tangy barbecue sauce and free kids’ meals every Sunday. The fast-casual concept has expanded to over 520 locations in 43 states. Dickey’s was recognized for the third year by Nation’s Restaurant News as a “Top 10 Growth Chain” and by Technomic as the “Fastest-growing restaurant chain in the country.” For more information, visit www.dickeys.com or for barbecue franchise opportunities call 866.340.6188.
SOURCE Dickey’s Barbecue
217 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Locking Down Security Business (1 views)
- How This U.S. Veteran Thrived as a Signal 88 Franchisee (1 views)
- Back Yard Burger Supports Dine Out for No Kid Hungry (2 views)
- AAMCO Expanding Brand’s Footprint With 18 New Centers Nationwide (2 views)
- Ace Signs of Texas Becomes FASTSIGNS of Killeen (2 views)
- Atlanta Area Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt Franchise (2 views)
- E-2 Visa Holders Welcome As Nestlé® Toll House® Café by Chip® Franchisees (2 views)
- Big Whiskey’s Signs First Franchisee in Bentonville, AR (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler – The Vision is Clear (1 views)
- Go Burrito Announces Plans to Launch Franchise Opportunities (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler – Rise 2017 Planned Breakout Sessions (1 views)
- Ziebart Announces New Product To Its Protection And Appearance Line-Up, Ceramic Z-Gloss® Paint Coating, Longest Lasting Paint Coating On The Market (1 views)
- Roark Portfolio Company Driven Brands Acquires Ohio-Based Lube Stop (1 views)
- Swisher Hygiene founder expands new franchise in Arizona (1 views)
- World-Famous Donut Bar to Offer Exclusive Franchise Opportunities (1 views)