- Sub Headline: Dickey's celebrates grand opening Thursday with four weeks of fun, including a fundraiser to benefit an injured police officer and free barbecue for a year for two lucky guests
- Franchise URL: http://www.Dickeys.com
- Listed: May 5, 2016 4:43 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
MOBILE, Ala., May 4, 2016 /FranchisePOD.com/ – The smoke trail continues in Alabama as Dickey’s Barbecue Pit opens a third location this Thursday in Mobile. To celebrate the grand opening, the new store will host a ribbon cutting ceremony at 10:45 a.m. with the Mobile Chamber of Commerce followed by a special fundraiser on Friday, May 6 for an injured Mobile County undercover officer shot in the line of duty. The new location along with five Dickey’s Barbecue Pit stores in the Mississippi-Alabama Gulf Coast area will donate 100 percent of Barbecue, Boots & Badges funds raised to Mobile County Law Enforcement Association (MCLEA). The event is being hosted by Dickey’s Barbecue Pit West Mobile and Barbecue, Boots & Badges, Dickey’s charitable foundation.
Two guests will also have a chance to win free barbecue at the West Mobile location on Saturday, May 7. Guests can enter to win using hashtag #1FreeYearofBBQ on any social media page, order online or sign up for the Big Yellow Cup Club to receive special offers and loyalty points which can be redeemed for free barbecue. Guests must be present to win.
“The Dickey family congratulates Owner/Operator and Air Force Veteran John Lockett on opening his sixth Dickey’s location,” says Roland Dickey, Jr., CEO of Dickey’s Barbecue Restaurants, Inc. “We are proud to have another location in the Gulf Coast where we can serve our slow smoked meats.”
Guests can enjoy the grand opening events over the next four weeks every Thursday to Sunday:
Thirsty Thursdays –The first 50 guests will receive a special treat and all guests will receive a free Big Yellow Cup with Dickey’s new reusable travel lid and straw.
Philanthropy Fridays – “You Give, We Give”, the first 20 guests who donate to Dickey’s charitable foundation, Barbecue, Boots & Badges, will receive a gift card. Police officers and firefighters will also receive 50 percent off their meal.
Singer/Songwriter Saturdays – Enjoy live music from 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. and get a free Big Yellow Cup! Two guests will win free barbecue for a year. Must be present to win.
Kids Eat Free All Day Every Sunday!
A retired Air Force Lieutenant Colonel, Owner/Operator John Lockett looked into the world of entrepreneurship after completing 23 years of service. With one location at his former home, Kessler Air Force Base, Lockett also owns stores in Daphne, Alabama and Gulfport, D’Iberville, and Biloxi, Mississippi. “I’m excited to have the opportunity to give Mobile another convenient location where they can get Texas-style barbecue,” says John. “It has been great to be a part of the job growth and expanding Dickey’s presence in the Gulf Coast.”
West Mobile’s new Dickey’s store is located at 7721 Airport Boulevard Mobile, AL 33608. The phone number is 261-380-8957.
About Dickey’s Barbecue Restaurants, Inc.
Dickey’s Barbecue Restaurants, Inc., the nation’s largest barbecue chain was founded in 1941 by Travis Dickey with the goal of authentic slow-smoked barbecue. Today, all meats are still slow smoked on-site in each restaurant living up to the company tagline, “We Speak Barbecue.” The Dallas-based family-run barbecue franchise offers a quality selection of signature meats, home style sides, tangy barbecue sauce and free kids’ meals every Sunday. The fast-casual concept has expanded to 550 locations in 43 states. Dickey’s Barbecue Pit was recognized for the third year by Nation’s Restaurant News as a “Top 10 Growth Chain” and by Technomic as the “Fastest-growing restaurant chain in the country.” For more information, visit www.dickeys.com or for barbecue franchise opportunities call 866.340.6188.
Kimberly Harms / Brittany Taylor
email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Dickey’s Barbecue
328 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Locking Down Security Business (1 views)
- Franchising Growth: Signal 88 by the Numbers (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler About The Signal 88 Culture and Our Core Values (2 views)
- Franchise growth, stylist opportunities, philanthropies and awards “Excite” at Sport Clips Haircuts National Huddle (2 views)
- Speedpro Imaging’s August 2017 Franchisee In Focus: Shira Kollins, Chicago, Illinois (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Targets Veterans to Fulfill Overwhelming Demand (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Real Heroes (1 views)
- The Carving Board Sandwiches Serves Up National Franchise Opportunities (1 views)
- Build Your Dream Lineup At Taco John’s® (1 views)
- AAMCO Expanding Brand’s Footprint With 18 New Centers Nationwide (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® International, Inc. CEO Catherine Monson to Speak at U.S. Chamber of Commerce Small Business Series (1 views)
- Salata To Open In Quail Springs Thursday (1 views)
- Back Yard Burger Supports Dine Out for No Kid Hungry (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler – The Vision is Clear (1 views)
- Creamistry Continues California Expansion (1 views)