Discovery Point Child Development Centers® Celebrates 27th Anniversary As A Leader In Childcare Franchising
- City: Duluth
- State: Georgia
- Listed: November 18, 2015 12:14 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
November 03, 2015 // FranchisePOD.com // DULUTH, Ga. – Twenty-seven years ago, the first Discovery Point Child Development Center opened in the Atlanta suburb of Snellville, GA. Five U.S. presidents, two economic recessions and more than 50 franchise locations later, Discovery Point Child Development Centers® has emerged as a leader in childcare franchising.
“When we came up with the idea for the first center, we never dreamed we would experience the growth we have enjoyed,” said President and CEO Cliff Clark. Clark developed the concept with his late wife, Diane Clark, a former public school teacher who passed away in 2012. In the process of becoming husband and wife entrepreneurs, they also redefined quality early childhood care.
“Our idea was to create an environment in which we would treat each child as our own and base the business on the philosophy that the key to childhood development is to touch lives early on,” he said.
What began as Diane’s dream to make a difference in children’s lives, coupled with Cliff’s experience in real estate and building businesses, soon proved to be a popular alternative to existing childcare opportunities with parents and potential franchisees. Since that first location opened in 1988, Discovery Point has expanded beyond its Georgia roots into a franchise team with more than 50 locations throughout Florida, North Carolina and Tennessee. Plans are under way to triple in size over the next five years.
Discovery Point Child Development Centers use the nationally recognized early childhood education program The Creative Curriculum® for Preschool. That distinctive approach – coupled with the company’s unique, turnkey franchise model — sets Discovery Point Child Development Centers® apart in the childcare and the franchising industries.
Once a franchise agreement is signed, the Discovery Point real estate team carefully selects optimum sites for its franchises, purchases the property, and builds the childcare center from the ground up, handling all aspects of construction. All equipment is provided and installed by the franchise company, literally creating a turnkey opportunity for the franchisee to open the doors to a new state-of-the-art facility.
“This process allows the franchisee to on focus training and learning the business rather than being distracted by trying to find a location and getting the center constructed and opened, which is where we have extensive expertise,” said Clark, who added that the concept has proven to be adaptable to changing times. “Even during economic downturns we continued to grow and that is something we are very proud of.”
About Discovery Point Child Development Centers®
Discovery Point Child Development Centers® provides safe, educational and nurturing environments for growing children. Since opening its first location in an Atlanta suburb in 1988, Discovery Point has been a leader in childhood enrichment and care, expanding beyond its Georgia roots into Florida, North Carolina and Tennessee with plans under way to reach new markets nationwide. Discovery Point Child Development Centers® has been recognized by Entrepreneur Magazine in its “Franchise 500” and ranked #22 on its “Red-Hot Franchise” list for 2013. More information about Discovery Point and Discovery Point franchise opportunities is available by calling (800) 418-3990 or visiting discoverypointfranchise.com or discoverypoint.com.
SOURCE Discovery Point Child Development Centers®
173 total views, 2 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Locking Down Security Business (1 views)
- Sport Clips Haircut Franchise Markets Available By State (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler About The Signal 88 Culture and Our Core Values (2 views)
- Franchise growth, stylist opportunities, philanthropies and awards “Excite” at Sport Clips Haircuts National Huddle (2 views)
- Mosquito Squad Recognized As One Of America’s Fastest Growing Companies By Inc. Magazine For Seventh Consecutive Year (2 views)
- Jazen Tea Celebrates 5 Years With Free Drinks for a Year (2 views)
- Speedpro Imaging’s August 2017 Franchisee In Focus: Shira Kollins, Chicago, Illinois (1 views)
- Ziebart Announces New Product To Its Protection And Appearance Line-Up, Ceramic Z-Gloss® Paint Coating, Longest Lasting Paint Coating On The Market (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Targets Veterans to Fulfill Overwhelming Demand (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Real Heroes (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler On the Value of the Franchise Group (1 views)
- The Carving Board Sandwiches Serves Up National Franchise Opportunities (1 views)
- Build Your Dream Lineup At Taco John’s® (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® OF YORK PROVIDES AWARD-WINNING SIGNS AND GRAPHICS FOR PENN STATE YORK STUDENT CENTER (1 views)
- AAMCO Expanding Brand’s Footprint With 18 New Centers Nationwide (1 views)