- Sub Headline: Snack Franchise Reports Double-Digit Sales Increases Thanks to New Flavors, Drinks and Co-Brand Strategy
- City: Denver
- State: Colorado
- Franchise URL: http://www.docpopcorn.com
- Listed: January 26, 2016 12:01 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
January 26, 2016, DENVER–(FranchisePOD.com)–Doc Popcorn, a growing international franchise specializing in fresh-popped, kettle-cooked flavored popcorn, completed 2015 with robust retail and franchise sales and a number of agreements to open new locations domestically and abroad in 2016. Their growth pushed the brand past the 100 unit mark in 2015. In addition to malls, stadiums, convention centers and farmer’s markets, Doc Popcorn signed an innovative deal to open co-brand units with Dippin’ Dots in a leading car wash service and convenience chain throughout the Southwest.
Year-over-year retail sales for the brand increased over 12 percent in 2015, due in part to the addition of Caramel Bliss in late 2014. Caramel Bliss is the first of a new line of indulgent caramelized flavors the brand plans to develop and offer at participating locations. Company executives say the addition of Caramel Bliss, along with a tiered pricing system, increased beverage choices and the opening of several co-branded Doc Popcorn/Dippin’ Dots locations inspired growth over the past 18 months.
In addition to opening 13 new locations in the United States and abroad in 2015, bringing the total number of locations to date to 101, the past year marked several firsts for Doc Popcorn. The company opened its first co-branded Doc Popcorn/Dippin’ Dots in-line store at a mall in Springfield, Missouri, and its first co-branded kiosk in Las Vegas. The “sweet & savory” co-brand match-up became possible last year when Doc Popcorn was acquired by Fischer Enterprises – the parent company of Dippin’ Dots Franchising, LLC, maker and franchisor of flash-frozen ice cream and other frozen treats – providing a stronger potential bottom line for franchise owners with another iconic brand.
Doc Popcorn and Dippin’ Dots also entered a partnership this year with Fabulous Freddy’s for co-brand unit expansion into its carwash/convenience stores across the southwest. Internationally, Doc Popcorn signed a master franchise agreement in Oman, as well as opened a second store location in Japan, and signed a lease for its first store location in Santiago, Chile, due to open in February.
“We’re optimistic about the early success we’ve experienced with the co-brand franchise models. With five locations open, the more diverse product offering has increased our sales,” said Rob Israel, co-founder and “Big Pop” of Doc Popcorn. “The sales cycles and the product flavors complement each other, with popcorn’s sales being higher in the winter months and ice cream a big hit in the summer.”
In 2016, Doc Popcorn will be expanding its presence into shopping malls and event venues in strategic locations across the country, including Birmingham, Ala., Tucson, Ariz., Ann Arbor, Mich., Spokane, Wash. and Madison, Wis. The new locations will consist of a variety of store formats and brand offerings, including co-brand Doc Popcorn/Dippin’ Dots locations in PopShop, PopCart and PopKiosk formats. The brand will also be seeking strategic international partnerships in India, the Middle East and Asia.
“We originally started this brand to satisfy a need for healthier snack options. We had a vision for every location to create smiles by popping its own fresh product, integrating into its local community and giving people who wanted to start their own business a model to follow,” said Israel. “The growth we saw in 2015 to fulfill this vision was amazing, and the opportunities are only starting to be realized.”
Doc Popcorn is well positioned in the marketplace to fill the demand for better-for-you snacks. Using 100 percent corn oil, proprietary flavor blends and high-quality ingredients, Doc Popcorn handcrafts a wide-variety of fresh-popped specialty flavors of popcorn, from Sweet Butter™ and Caramel Bliss™ to Hoppin’ Jalapeño and Cheesy Cheddar. Doc Popcorn’s flavors are whole grain, gluten-free and nut-free with dairy-free and sugar-free options available.
About Doc Popcorn
Using 100 percent corn oil, proprietary flavor blends and other high-quality ingredients, Doc Popcorn handcrafts a wide variety of fresh-popped specialty flavors of popcorn. Doc Popcorn’s delicious flavors are gluten-free, whole grain, wheat-free and nut-free. Doc Popcorn started franchising in 2009 and has since been recognized as one of the hottest snack franchises in the country. In 2015, Entrepreneur Magazine ranked Doc Popcorn among the “Top Food Franchises,” “Top Mobile Franchises,” “Top Franchises Under $50,000,” and is consistently ranked on the “Franchise 500,” a highly-regarded list in the franchise industry. For more information, please visit www.docpopcorn.com.
Fishman Public Relations
Debra Vilchis, 847-945-1300
149 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Meet The Signal 88 Security Franchise Leadership Team (44 views)
- Signal 88 Locking Down Security Business (43 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (34 views)
- How This U.S. Veteran Thrived as a Signal 88 Franchisee (30 views)
- Signal 88 Sales Training Helps Convert Former Police Officers to Sales People (23 views)
- An Interview with Signal 88 Co-Founder Reed Nyffeler (19 views)
- Signal 88 Security Announces First European Master Franchise (16 views)
- Franchising Growth: Signal 88 by the Numbers (14 views)
- The Patrol Difference from Signal 88 Security (41 views)
- Signal 88 Security Officer of the Month, Teo Romero, April (20 views)
- Security 101: Signal 88 Memorial Day Safety Tips (16 views)
- Fajita Pete’s Continues Franchising Development Throughout Texas (13 views)
- Local Entrepreneur Opens Beeline Bikes in San Antonio (6 views)
- BodyLogicMD Transforms Integrative Medicine for Physicians and Patients With Exponential Growth and Expansion (6 views)
- BumperDoc Franchises Featured in Fender Bender’s MSO Project (6 views)