Domino’s® and the National Fire Protection Association to Deliver Fire Safety Messages to Homes Across the Country
- Sub Headline: Domino's to remind customers to change their smoke alarm batteries during daylight saving time
- City: Ann Arbor
- State: Michigan
- Franchise URL: http://www.dominos.com
- Listed: March 7, 2016 7:33 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
ANN ARBOR, Mich., March 7, 2016 /FranchisePOD.com/ — Domino’s Pizza (NYSE: DPZ) is teaming up with the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) to deliver a special message to customers this daylight saving time: remember to change your smoke alarm batteries when you change your clocks.
To help spread the message, Domino’s, the recognized world leader in pizza delivery, will deliver fliers with fire safety tips on top of pizza boxes to customers throughout participating markets in March.
“Domino’s reaches thousands of people through delivery on a daily basis, and we want to use that opportunity to share fire safety tips with families across the country,” said Jenny Fouracre, Domino’s spokesperson. “Daylight saving time is a great time to remember to change your smoke alarm batteries after you set your clocks ahead. This small step is an easy one, but it can help save lives.”
According to the NFPA, having working smoke alarms reduces the risk of dying in a fire in half. On average, three out of every five home fire deaths result from fires in homes with no smoke alarms (38 percent) or no working smoke alarms (21 percent).
“Working smoke alarms can make the difference between life and death in a home fire,” said Lorraine Carli, NFPA’s vice president of outreach and advocacy. “That’s why it’s so important to make sure they’re working properly. We applaud Domino’s for their efforts to remind the public about replacing the batteries in their smoke alarms, and helping to ensure that they’re adequately protected in the event of a home fire.”
Stay safe with these tips from the NFPA:
- Install smoke alarms in every bedroom, outside each separate sleeping area and on every level of the home, including the basement.
- For the best protection, interconnect all smoke alarms throughout the home. When one sounds, they all sound.
- Test smoke alarms once a month by pushing the test button.
- Smoke alarms with non-replaceable (long-life) batteries are designed to remain effective for up to 10 years. If the alarm chirps, warning that the battery is low, replace the entire smoke alarm right away.
- For smoke alarms that don’t have non-replaceable (long-life) batteries, replace the batteries at least once a year. If the alarm chirps, replace only the battery.
- Be sure the smoke alarm includes the label of a recognized testing laboratory.
- Replace smoke alarms every 10 years.
- Develop and practice a home escape plan with all members of the household.
About the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
Founded in 1896, NFPA is a global, nonprofit organization devoted to eliminating death, injury, property and economic loss due to fire, electrical and related hazards. The association delivers information and knowledge through more than 300 consensus codes and standards, research, training, education, outreach and advocacy; and by partnering with others who share an interest in furthering the NFPA mission. For more information, visit www.nfpa.org. All NFPA codes and standards can be viewed online for free at www.nfpa.org/freeaccess.
About Domino’s Pizza®
Founded in 1960, Domino’s Pizza is the recognized world leader in pizza delivery, with a significant business in carryout pizza. It ranks among the world’s top public restaurant brands with a global enterprise of more than 12,500 stores in over 80 international markets. Domino’s had global retail sales of over $9.9 billion in 2015, comprised of more than $4.8 billion in the U.S. and nearly $5.1 billion internationally. In the fourth quarter of 2015, Domino’s had global retail sales of over $3.3 billion, comprised of over $1.6 billion in the U.S. and over $1.7 billion internationally. Its system is comprised of independent franchise owners who accounted for nearly 97% of Domino’s stores as of the fourth quarter of 2015. Emphasis on technology innovation helped Domino’s generate over 50% of U.S. sales from digital channels at the end of 2015, and reach an estimated $4.7 billion annually in global digital sales. Domino’s features an ordering app lineup that covers nearly 95% of the U.S. smartphone market and has recently introduced several innovative ordering platforms, including Ford SYNC®, Samsung Smart TV® and Pebble Watch, as well as Twitter and text message using a pizza emoji. In late 2015, Domino’s announced the design and launch of the DXP®, a purpose-built pizza delivery vehicle, as well as Piece of the Pie Rewards, its first digital customer loyalty program.
Order – dominos.com
AnyWare Ordering – anyware.dominos.com
Company Info – biz.dominos.com
Twitter – twitter.com/dominos
Facebook – facebook.com/dominos
Instagram – instagram.com/dominos
YouTube – youtube.com/dominos
SOURCE Domino’s Pizza
239 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Sales Training Helps Convert Former Police Officers to Sales People (2 views)
- An Interview with Signal 88 Co-Founder Reed Nyffeler (1 views)
- Meet The Signal 88 Security Franchise Leadership Team (1 views)
- How This U.S. Veteran Thrived as a Signal 88 Franchisee (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (1 views)
- Signal 88 Locking Down Security Business (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS Franchise Opportunities (1 views)
- School Of Rock Names Anthony Padulo Chief Development Officer (1 views)
- Moran Family of Brands Announces Franchisees of the Year (1 views)
- Ziebart Announces New Product To Its Protection And Appearance Line-Up, Ceramic Z-Gloss® Paint Coating, Longest Lasting Paint Coating On The Market (1 views)
- World-Famous Donut Bar to Offer Exclusive Franchise Opportunities (1 views)
- Build Your Dream Lineup At Taco John’s® (1 views)
- VaporFi Continues Expansion with Seven Store Openings in Atlanta (1 views)
- Topgolf Aiming for Richmond as 4th Virginia Location (1 views)
- Fajita Pete’s Continues Franchising Development Throughout Texas (1 views)