- City: Columbus
- State: Ohio
- Franchise URL: http://www.donatos.com
- Listed: January 19, 2016 2:58 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
January 19, 2016 // FranchisePOD.com // COLUMBUS, Ohio – Donatos Pizza, one of the nation’s original fast casual pizza chains, has signed a development deal that will bring four new locations to Charleston, South Carolina over the next few years.
Donatos will open its first Charleston location in Summerville this May. The restaurant, located at 214 Azalea Square Blvd., will mark the company’s first location in South Carolina. The Columbus, Ohio-based restaurant chain currently has over 150 locations nationwide, but only four on the east coast – two in Virginia and two in North Carolina.
“We are extremely excited to bring Donatos to the Charleston market. It’s a territory we’ve had our eyes on for quite some time, and hope this expansion will open even more doors for us as we continue to boost our brand footprint across the east coast,” said Tom Pendrey, COO of Donatos Pizza. “We are highly confident that our premium quality products and exceptional service will be met with warm reception among the Charleston community.”
The new restaurants will be owned and operated by local residents Dane and Jaclyn Kopnisky, the second of which is slated to open in Mt. Pleasant. The third and fourth locations are planned for West Ashley and North Charleston.
“Donatos has been near and dear to my heart ever since I worked at one of its locations in Ohio during my teenage years,” said Dane Kopnisky. “It feels very surreal that now I get to own not just one, but four, and I am honored to be able to share a piece of home with the Charleston community. I know that they will love Donatos as much as I do.”
Donatos Pizza was founded in 1963 in Columbus, Ohio, by 19-year-old Jim Grote. In 1999, McDonald’s purchased the chain, by then considered a gold standard in the pizza delivery. But in 2003, when the company later decided to refocus on burgers, Jim and his daughter, Jane, bought back Donatos.
Today, Donatos has remained a favorite in Ohio and beyond. The restaurant serves strombolis, sub sandwiches and salads in addition to its Edge-to-Edge® pizza, Donatos’ trademark which comes with more than 100 pieces of pepperoni on it.
Along with the dine-in experience, Donatos also offers delivery and catering services, along with 26 toppings for customizable and signature pizzas.
About Donatos Pizza
Donatos Pizza, founded in 1963 by Jim Grote, is family-owned and operated, and headquartered in Columbus, Ohio. The creator of Edge to Edge® pizza, Donatos is recognized as one of the premier regional pizza chains in the United States, using only the freshest ingredients and highest food and safety standards to create delicious, quality products. Donatos and its franchise partners operate more than 150 restaurants in six states, and its products are proudly served in more than 15 entertainment and sports venues. For more information on Donatos Pizza, visit www.donatos.com.
SOURCE Donatos Pizza
267 total views, 2 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (5 views)
- Franchising Growth: Signal 88 by the Numbers (4 views)
- Meet The Signal 88 Security Franchise Leadership Team (4 views)
- An Interview with Signal 88 Co-Founder Reed Nyffeler (3 views)
- Quaker Steak & Lube® New Entrees and Desserts Combine for a Full-Meal Dining Experience (6 views)
- Coverall® Appoints New Chief Financial Officer (5 views)
- Juice It Up! Signs Three-Store Deal To Enter Florida (4 views)
- Tacos 4 Life Restaurant Brings on New Executives to Expand Business and Mission (4 views)
- E-2 Visa Holders Welcome As Nestlé® Toll House® Café by Chip® Franchisees (4 views)
- Jazen Tea Celebrates 5 Years With Free Drinks for a Year (4 views)
- Build Your Dream Lineup At Taco John’s® (4 views)
- BodyLogicMD Transforms Integrative Medicine for Physicians and Patients With Exponential Growth and Expansion (4 views)
- Woody’s Bar-B-Q® Heads North to Bring a Taste of the South to the Empire State (4 views)
- FASTSIGNS INTERNATIONAL, INC. CEO CATHERINE MONSON TO SHARE SUCCESS STRATEGIES AT DALLAS C-SUITE NETWORK CONFERENCE (3 views)
- VaporFi Continues Expansion with Seven Store Openings in Atlanta (3 views)