- City: Columbus
- State: Ohio
- Franchise URL: http://www.donatos.com
- Listed: December 10, 2015 3:56 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
December 10, 2015 // FranchisePOD.com // COLUMBUS, Ohio – Donatos Pizza, a Top 25 pizza chain once owned by McDonald’s Corp., is targeting Pittsburgh as part of its next franchise expansion wave.
The Ohio-based company, which is known for toppings that extend to the edge of the pizza, believes the Pittsburgh market can support 10-20 restaurants. The growth will be driven by franchising.
“Pittsburgh is a passionate place. There’s no denying that. Pittsburghers are passionate about their community and sports teams, and they’re especially passionate about picking the best pizza,” said Donatos COO Tom Pendrey. “You name the pizza place and there will be a group of locals steadfast in their loyalty. We’re confident that our premium quality products and exceptional service will be met with warm reception among the Pittsburgh community.”
Donatos was founded in 1963 when Ohio State sophomore Jim Grote bought a small pizza shop in Columbus, Ohio from a young seminarian for $1,300. The chain was classified “best in class” and acquired by fast food giant McDonald’s Corporation in 1999 as a way to get into the pizza business, but was bought back by the Grote family in 2003.
Today, Donatos has remained a favorite in Ohio and beyond. The restaurant serves strombolis, sub sandwiches and salads in addition to its Edge-to-Edge® pizza, Donatos’ trademark that refers to toppings that go right to the edge of the pizza, Pendrey said.
Along with the dine-in experience, Donatos also offers delivery and catering services, along with 26 toppings for customizable and signature pizzas.
“The components that define the fast-casual pizza category – fresh, super-premium toppings, inventive and unique flavor combinations, and the ability to customize to your heart’s content – have defined the way that we have operated for more than 50 years,” said Pendrey. “As the segment’s pioneer, coupled with the increasing number of consumers seeking out this type of meal, we expect to see a lot of opportunity for growth in the coming years.”
To augment the company’s growth, Donatos is actively seeking local franchisees with restaurant experience. Including a franchise fee of $30,000, the initial investment to own and operate a Donatos restaurant ranges from $461,390 to $666,700.
The average store is about 2,000 square feet and the 2014 average volume nationwide, per store, was $1,006,000.
About Donatos Pizza
Donatos Pizza, founded in 1963 by Jim Grote, is family-owned and operated, and headquartered in Columbus, Ohio. The creator of Edge to Edge® pizza, Donatos is recognized as one of the premier regional pizza chains in the United States, using only the freshest ingredients and highest food and safety standards to create delicious, quality products. Donatos and its franchise partners operate more than 150 restaurants in six states, and its products are proudly served in more than 15 entertainment and sports venues. For more information on Donatos Pizza, visit www.donatos.com.
SOURCE Donatos Pizza
337 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Sales Training Helps Convert Former Police Officers to Sales People (2 views)
- An Interview with Signal 88 Co-Founder Reed Nyffeler (1 views)
- Meet The Signal 88 Security Franchise Leadership Team (1 views)
- How This U.S. Veteran Thrived as a Signal 88 Franchisee (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (1 views)
- Signal 88 Locking Down Security Business (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS Franchise Opportunities (1 views)
- School Of Rock Names Anthony Padulo Chief Development Officer (1 views)
- Moran Family of Brands Announces Franchisees of the Year (1 views)
- Ziebart Announces New Product To Its Protection And Appearance Line-Up, Ceramic Z-Gloss® Paint Coating, Longest Lasting Paint Coating On The Market (1 views)
- World-Famous Donut Bar to Offer Exclusive Franchise Opportunities (1 views)
- Build Your Dream Lineup At Taco John’s® (1 views)
- VaporFi Continues Expansion with Seven Store Openings in Atlanta (1 views)
- Topgolf Aiming for Richmond as 4th Virginia Location (1 views)
- Fajita Pete’s Continues Franchising Development Throughout Texas (1 views)