- Franchise URL: http://www.Donatos.com
- Listed: July 19, 2016 6:39 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
July 18, 2016 (FranchisePOD.com) COLUMBUS, Ohio – Since the opening of Donatos Pizza’s first Tennessee location in Nashville’s Midtown less than six months ago, there’s no doubt that the brand’s Edge to Edge® pizza is a hit with consumers and franchise partners alike.
“Within weeks of opening our Midtown location, we began receiving inquiries about further expansion in the area,” said Donatos COO Tom Pendrey. “We are thrilled with the reception and are happy to announce that several area individuals have already negotiated rights to build additional restaurants in Nashville, as well as other parts of Middle Tennessee and Western Kentucky.”
Pendrey said Nashville’s revitalization efforts and growth are no doubt what makes the area an ideal location for additional Donatos restaurants. “Nashville continues to be one of America’s fastest-growing cities and presents a perfect opportunity for Donatos to expand its customer base.”
Donatos was founded in 1963 when Ohio State sophomore Jim Grote bought a small pizza shop in Columbus, Ohio from a young seminarian for $1,300. The company was classified “Best in Class” and acquired by fast food giant McDonald’s Corporation in 1999 as a way to get into the pizza business, but was bought back by the Grote family in 2003.
The restaurant serves wings, sub sandwiches, appetizers and salads in addition to its Edge-to-Edge® pizza, Donatos’ trademark that refers to toppings that go right to the edge of the pizza. Along with dine-in experience, Donatos also offers delivery and catering services, along with 26 toppings for customizable and signature pizzas.
The average store is about 2,000 square feet and the average volume nationwide, per store is more than $1 million.
To further augment the company’s local growth, Pendrey said Donatos is looking for partners based in Nashville.
“You do better when you have somebody who knows the market – they know the people who live there, they know where they shop. That’s always a big plus,” he said.
About Donatos Pizza
Donatos Pizza, founded in 1963 by Jim Grote, is family-owned and operated, and headquartered in Columbus, Ohio. The creator of Edge to Edge® pizza, Donatos is recognized as one of the premier regional pizza chains in the United States, using only the freshest ingredients and highest food and safety standards to create delicious, quality products. Donatos and its franchise partners operate more than 150 restaurants in six states, and its products are proudly served in more than 15 entertainment and sports venues. For more information on Donatos Pizza, visit www.donatos.com.
SOURCE Donatos Pizza
Franchise Elevator PR
481 total views, 2 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (6 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler – Rise 2017 Planned Breakout Sessions (4 views)
- Ziebart Announces New Product To Its Protection And Appearance Line-Up, Ceramic Z-Gloss® Paint Coating, Longest Lasting Paint Coating On The Market (3 views)
- Signal 88 Security Officer of the Month, Teo Romero, April (3 views)
- New Cherry Blow Dry Bar Coming to Marlton, NJ (2 views)
- Wetzel’s Pretzels Continues Nontraditional Unit Expansion with Successful Phoenix-Area Walmart Opening (2 views)
- Meet our Sport Clips Team Leader in New Jersey: Ashley Gray (2 views)
- Dallas Cowboys and 7-Eleven Partner on Limited-Edition Collectible Cup (2 views)
- Camp Run-A-Mutt Ranks #2057 on the 2017 Inc. 5000 (2 views)
- Veterans Find Second Career as VaporFi Franchise Owners (2 views)
- School Of Rock Names Anthony Padulo Chief Development Officer (2 views)
- FOCUS Brands Celebrates the Opening of 600 International Stores for both Auntie Anne’s ® and Cinnabon ® Brands (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler About The Signal 88 Culture and Our Core Values (2 views)
- Franchise growth, stylist opportunities, philanthropies and awards “Excite” at Sport Clips Haircuts National Huddle (2 views)
- Home Care Assistance of Pembroke Pines Receives 2017 Best of Home Care® Provider and Employer of Choice Awards (2 views)