- Sub Headline: The Melting Pot Conducts National Poll on Dipping Etiquette in Honor of National Cheese Fondue Day
- City: Tampa
- State: Florida
- Franchise URL: http://www.MeltingPot.com
- Listed: March 21, 2016 12:53 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
TAMPA, Fla., March 21, 2016 /FranchisePOD.com/ — More than two decades ago, the world watched as George Costanza was berated for double-dipping in that classic Seinfeld episode. Years later, the great double-dipping debate still exists, but it seems as though Millennial women are more accepting of the questionable act than their male counterparts.
In a national survey of 2,000 men and women, it was found that nearly half (49%) of the 18 to 24-year-old women said that if they saw someone double-dipping while eating cheese fondue, they’d join them. According to these statistics, it’s safe to assume that women across the country will not be shy about sharing a pot of cheese fondue to celebrate National Cheese Fondue Day on April 11.
The poll, which was conducted by Google Consumer Surveys earlier this month and commissioned by The Melting Pot® Restaurants, Inc., asked men and women what kind of cheese fondue dipper they are, because clearly dipping styles have a way of defining people. The majority (43%) call themselves “Big Dippers,” the ones who think cheese trumps everything else, with a dunk just as big as their bite. Nearly 18% admitted to being “Double-Dippers” – willing to double-dip anytime, anywhere. Another 17% confessed they were “Dainty Dippers,” the rule-followers and not dipping rebels. And, some (13%) were “Little Dippers” who prefer the nibble approach in an effort to savor every cheesy moment.
“Who knew there were so many variations of dipping? People really take their cheese fondue dipping seriously, and we don’t blame them. This survey really showed us how much everyone loves cheese fondue and how open they were to sharing their dipping style preference,” said Jason Miller, Executive Chef of The Melting Pot Restaurants, Inc. “Whether you are a Big, Little or even Double-Dipper, you’re sure to enjoy coming together with dippers of all kinds to celebrate National Cheese Fondue Day with an interactive dining experience at THE destination for cheese fondue.”
For those preparing to celebrate National Cheese Fondue Day at The Melting Pot, here are some “Fondues” and “Fondon’ts” to keep in mind on the big day:
- Twist and twirl your fork to prevent dripping.
- Claim your fondue fork and never let it go.
- Give your fondue fork time to cool off between dips.
- Allow ladies to dip first. It’s only polite.
- Keep napkins near lips. Not burners.
- Never knock other fondue forks out of the way unless you want a fondue fork battle to ensue.
- Avoid double-dipping unless you ask first.
- Don’t dip with your fingers. Those pots are hot!
- Never lick the fondue pot, no matter how tempting.
- Think twice before eating directly off the fondue fork.
In celebration of the holiday, The Melting Pot is hosting a #HowDoUFondue Twitter party on April 11 from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. (EDT). This special one-hour party will be hosted by Chef Jason Miller, where followers have the chance to ask questions about the “Fondues” and “Fondon’ts” when it comes to dining at The Melting Pot and learn about various dipping styles. Twitter followers who engage with Chef Jason will have the chance to win one of two $50 gift cards to The Melting Pot. Fans can tune into the conversation by following the hashtag #HowDoUFondue and RSVP by visiting http://tweetvite.com/event/HowDoUFondue.
In 2015, The Melting Pot was ranked No. 1 among 40 casual-dining restaurant chains in Nation’s Restaurant News’ 2015 Consumer Picks report. The Melting Pot ranked first in four out of 10 overall attribute categories, achieving top scores in cleanliness, service, atmosphere and craveability.
The Melting Pot operates more than 125 restaurants across 35 U.S. states, Canada, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates, and has 10 locations in development internationally. The concept is known for offering an assortment of flavorful fondue cooking styles and a variety of unique entrées served with signature dipping sauces. The menu features a variety of à la carte selections, highlighting customizable options that invite guests to enjoy one, two, three or more courses as they select any combination of individually-priced cheese fondues, salads, entrées and chocolate fondues.
For more information on The Melting Pot, visit www.MeltingPot.com. To learn more about the “Fondues” and “Fondon’ts” of dipping etiquette, visit www.meltingpot.com/fondue101.
About The Melting Pot Restaurants, Inc.
Founded in 1975, The Melting Pot has offered a unique fondue dining experience for 40 years. As the premier fondue restaurant franchise, The Melting Pot Restaurants, Inc. has more than 125 restaurants in 35 U.S. states, Canada, Mexico, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates and 10 international locations in development. A leading polished casual dining franchise, The Melting Pot was recognized as the No. 1 casual dining restaurant in the Nation’s Restaurant News 2015 Consumer Picks report. Known for offering a choice of fondue cooking styles and a variety of unique entrées, The Melting Pot’s menu also features cheese fondues, salads, fine wines and chocolate fondue desserts. Fondue fans can join The Melting Pot’s Club Fondue for exclusive promotions, special events and advance holiday reservation privileges. The Melting Pot is an affiliate of Front Burner Brands, a restaurant management company headquartered in Tampa, Fla. For more information, visit www.meltingpot.com. To learn more about franchise opportunities with The Melting Pot, please visit www.meltingpotfranchise.com
About Front Burner
Front Burner is a restaurant management company headquartered in Tampa, Fla. It is affiliated with the corporate owners of and its management services extended to The Melting Pot Restaurants, Inc., founded in 1975 with more than 125 restaurants in U.S., Canada, Mexico, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, and 10 locations currently in development internationally. For more information, visit http://www.frontburnerbrands.com.
CONTACT: Rachel Tabacnic
SOURCE The Melting Pot Restaurants, Inc.
320 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- Signal 88 Locking Down Security Business (2 views)
- Atlanta Area Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt Franchise (4 views)
- Moran Family of Brands Announces Franchisees of the Year (3 views)
- FASTSIGNS® RECOGNIZED FOR OUTSTANDING WEBSITE IN THE 2016 WEBAWARDS COMPETITION (3 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Real Heroes (3 views)
- Ace Signs of Texas Becomes FASTSIGNS of Killeen (2 views)
- Ziebart Announces New Product To Its Protection And Appearance Line-Up, Ceramic Z-Gloss® Paint Coating, Longest Lasting Paint Coating On The Market (2 views)
- Tin Drum Asian Kitchen Taps Hot Foodie Trend with New Poke Menu Offerings (2 views)
- Speedpro Imaging’s August 2017 Franchisee In Focus: Shira Kollins, Chicago, Illinois (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS: HOW SIGNS AND GRAPHICS HELP MAKE EVENTS MORE SUCCESSFUL (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS® of Rosenberg/Richmond, Texas Now Open (2 views)
- Home Care Assistance of Pembroke Pines Receives 2017 Best of Home Care® Provider and Employer of Choice Awards (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security Columbia Daily Tribune: Private Security Industry Grows in Columbia as Population Rises (2 views)
- After Floods Swept Through Louisiana, Sport Clips Team Members Band Together to Rebuild a Devastated Community (2 views)