- City: Detroit
- State: Michigan
- Franchise URL: http://www.DryerVentWizard.com
- Listed: December 21, 2015 3:00 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
DETROIT, MI – (FranchisePOD.com) – Dec 21, 2015 – Dryer Vent Wizard (DVW) announced that its fourth annual fundraiser for the Children’s Burn Foundation (CBF) raised more than $17,000 to help provide programs and services for children who are burn survivors.
“We are grateful for the ongoing support of Dryer Vent Wizard,” said Carol Horvitz, executive director of the Children’s Burn Foundation. “Their donation helps to provide much needed educational, medical and psychological care for children who have suffered burns.”
Horvitz shared how two CBF children have recently received help as a result of the generous donations of Dryer Vent Wizard and others. A 14 year-old boy from Cameroon, who had experienced severe burns, received two new eyelids that now make it possible for him to no longer dab his eyes throughout the day.
A boy from California underwent surgery for a jaw implant to bring his face back to its normal position after he was intentionally set on fire. Horvitz added, “Each dollar raised brings new hope to these child burn survivors.”
During National Fire Prevention month in October, DVW’s corporate headquarters and franchisees participated in a variety of social media and online challenges to achieve year after year record results. DVW vendors, including TinderBox, In-O-Vate Technologies and Turtlehut, also contributed.
“We received one hundred percent participation from our corporate team members, along with tremendous support from our franchisees throughout North America,” said Terry Reuer, DVW CEO. “We are so moved to learn how this fundraiser helps to make a significant impact in children’s lives.”
DVW is an international franchise that specializes in dryer vent repair, replacement, alteration, cleaning and maintenance for residential and commercial clients. It is estimated that poorly maintained or clogged dryer vents are the leading cause of appliance fires, resulting in more than 15,500 dryer fires every year. These are only the reported cases.
Webb Dickson, a DVW franchisee who services Middlesex and Essex counties in Massachusetts, was among the top contributors to this year’s fundraiser.
“Throughout the year, we work to educate our customers about the potential hazards of dryer fires. This annual campaign helps us broaden public awareness throughout the communities we serve,” said Dickson.
About Dryer Vent Wizard
Founded in 2004 and headquartered in Farmington Hills, Mich., Dryer Vent Wizard International services more than 9,000 communities of all sizes throughout the U.S. and Canada and helps raise public awareness about the importance of dryer vent cleaning to prevent dryer fires and save energy. For more information or to schedule an appointment, visit www.DryerVentWizard.com or call 866-498-SAFE (7233) in the U.S. and 866-395-SAFE (7233) in Canada.
SOURCE Dryer Vent Wizard
Dryer Vent Wizard
586-619-2160, ext. 550
Margaux & Associates, LLC
198 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Announces First European Master Franchise (1 views)
- Watch how FASTSIGNS helped this printer with our Co-Brand program grow their business by more than 40% (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (1 views)
- How This U.S. Veteran Thrived as a Signal 88 Franchisee (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® CELEBRATES NEW LEVELS OF SUCCESS AND HONORS FRANCHISEES AT 2017 INTERNATIONAL CONVENTION (1 views)
- Decatur Tropical Smoothie Café® to Hold a Weekend Grand Opening Celebration (1 views)
- New PickUp USA Fitness Franchise Opening in Las Vegas (1 views)
- E-2 Visa Holders Welcome As Nestlé® Toll House® Café by Chip® Franchisees (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® Seeks Franchisees At ISA Sign Expo April 19-22 (1 views)
- Atlanta Area Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt Franchise (1 views)
- Dallas Cowboys and 7-Eleven Partner on Limited-Edition Collectible Cup (1 views)
- Cousins Subs® Makes It Better In Communities Across Wisconsin (1 views)
- Build Your Dream Lineup At Taco John’s® (1 views)
- Tin Drum Asian Kitchen Taps Hot Foodie Trend with New Poke Menu Offerings (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® LEVERAGING EPSON-3M ULTRACHROME GS3 INK IN EPSON SURECOLOR S-SERIES SOLVENT PRINTERS (1 views)