Dunkin’ Donuts, With The Humane Society Of The United States, Announces Timeline For Sourcing 100 Percent Cage-free Eggs
- City: Canton
- State: Massachusetts
- Listed: December 8, 2015 11:06 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
December 08, 2015 // FranchisePOD.com // CANTON, MA AND WASHINGTON, DC – Dunkin’ Donuts, with The Humane Society of the United States, today announced a commitment to source 100 percent cage-free eggs for eggs used in its U.S. menu by 2025. Earlier this year, the company announced its intent to source 10 percent of the eggs for U.S. breakfast sandwiches from cage-free sources by December 31, 2016. According to The HSUS, Dunkin’ Donuts’ switch to 100 percent cage-free eggs will benefit approximately 1.4 million egg laying hens annually.
“We have a responsibility to ensure the humane treatment of animals, an issue we know is also important to both our franchisee community and our loyal guests,” said Christine Riley Miller, Senior Director of Corporate Social Responsibility for Dunkin’ Brands. “We are proud to continue our efforts towards sustainable sourcing, and are committed to our partnership with the Humane Society of the United States to help the egg industry eliminate the use of cages in our supply chain.”
According to Josh Balk, senior food policy director of The HSUS, “We’re pleased to see Dunkin’ Donuts exhibiting dedication to improving the lives of farm animals, and we applaud its decision to switch to exclusively using cage-free eggs. We look forward to continuing to work with the brand to achieve our mutual animal welfare goals.”
Additionally, the company has pledged to map its international supply chain to determine the feasibility of transitioning to 100 percent cage-free eggs on a global basis.
Dunkin’ Brands’ updated animal welfare policy can be found at http://www.dunkinbrands.com/responsibility/policies-and-statements. The company’s 2014 Corporate Social Responsibility Report, Broadening Our Horizons, can be read or downloaded here: http://dun.kn/CSR2014Report.
About Dunkin’ Donuts
Founded in 1950, Dunkin’ Donuts is America’s favorite all-day, everyday stop for coffee and baked goods. Dunkin’ Donuts is a market leader in the hot regular/decaf/flavored coffee, iced coffee, donut, bagel and muffin categories. Dunkin’ Donuts has earned the No. 1 ranking for customer loyalty in the coffee category by Brand Keys for nine years running. The company has more than 11,500 restaurants in 40 countries worldwide. Based in Canton, Mass., Dunkin’ Donuts is part of the Dunkin’ Brands Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: DNKN) family of companies. For more information, visit www.DunkinDonuts.com.
About The Humane Society of the United States
The Humane Society of the United States is the nation’s largest animal protection organization, rated most effective by our peers. For 60 years, we have celebrated the protection of all animals and confronted all forms of cruelty. We are the nation’s largest provider of hands-on services for animals, caring for more than 100,000 animals each year, and we prevent cruelty to millions more through our advocacy campaigns. Read more about our 60 years of transformational change for animals, and visit us at humanesociety.org.
SOURCE Dunkin’ Donuts
162 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Meet The Signal 88 Security Franchise Leadership Team (1 views)
- How This U.S. Veteran Thrived as a Signal 88 Franchisee (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® reporta crecimiento sin precedente al firmar acuerdo con 63 nuevas franquicias en 2016 (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise: Why Signal 88? (1 views)
- Dallas Cowboys and 7-Eleven Partner on Limited-Edition Collectible Cup (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS: EXTENDING BRANDING ELEMENTS TO INTERIOR DÉCOR PROMOTES CULTURE AND ENGAGEMENT (1 views)
- Local franchisees recognized for charitable giving (1 views)
- Enviro-Master Franchisee Scott Sheldon in the news again discussing the Hygiene Industry (1 views)
- Anytime Fitness Flexes Development Plans for Alabama (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® ANNOUNCES FURTHER GLOBAL EXPANSION PLANS WITH FOCUS ON SOUTHEAST ASIA (1 views)
- Backed by More Than Two Decades of Success, Sport Clips Has Positioned Itself as a Premier Investment Opportunity for Lenders (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® Seeks Franchisees At ISA Sign Expo April 19-22 (1 views)
- LOCAL FASTSIGNS FRANCHISE HOSTED A WEEK-LONG OPEN HOUSE (1 views)
- The Patrol Difference from Signal 88 Security (1 views)
- For Signal 88 Security Franchise Owners, Providing Peace of Mind is Personal (1 views)