- Sub Headline: The company awarded five $1,000 scholarships to U.S. veterans.
- Franchise URL: http://www.DwyerGroup.com
- Listed: June 16, 2016 3:35 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
June 16, 2016 (FranchisePOD.com) WACO, Texas – For 25 years, The Dwyer Group, Inc. has been active in helping United States military veterans as the originator of the VetFran program that offers military veterans a discount on the purchase of a franchise. And now one of the world’s largest franchising companies of trade service brands is giving back even more, awarding five veterans a $1,000 scholarship for use with franchise training or other franchise opening costs.
These scholarships are awarded to honorably discharged veterans who have been chosen and qualified to operate a Dwyer Group franchise. Those service brands include: Aire Serv, Five Star Painting/Protect Painters, Grounds Guys, Glass Doctor, Molly Maid, Mr. Appliance, Mr. Electric, Mr. Handyman, Mr. Rooter and Rainbow International. Veterans had to submit an application at the end of Basic Training for the franchisee. An internal committee reviewed the submitted applications and awarded the scholarships based on certain criteria.
The five veteran scholarship recipients are:
- Carl Allen, Aire Serv, Army
- Marc Beede, Aire Serv, Navy
- Nathan Burkholder, Mr. Appliance, Army
- Ricky Jones, Aire Serv, Army
- Robert Starvish, Aire Serv, Navy
“Helping our veterans on their career paths in the private sector is a real honor,” said Mike Bidwell, president and CEO of Dwyer Group. “These men and women have fought hard to keep our country safe and in return, we want to thank them for their service and assist those who are interested in franchising to make a smooth transition.”
Funding for the scholarships came from Dwyer Group, Dawson Insurance and PTN Vendor Veteran Scholarships.
Dwyer Group’s passion to help veterans dates back to 1991 when Don Dwyer Sr., founder of Dwyer Group, created VetFran, a program aimed at supporting veterans and their spouses’ ability to access franchise opportunities through education, financial assistance and industry mentorship. Today, more than 650 companies participate in the program and over 6,500 veterans have become franchise business owners.
For more information about VetFran, visit www.vetfran.com. For more ways veterans can be assisted in business, visit http://www.vetfran.com/financial-small-business-resources-veterans/.
About Dwyer Group®
Dwyer Group, based in Waco, Texas, is a holding company of 12 franchise businesses, each selling and supporting a different franchise under the following service marks: Aire Serv®, Glass Doctor®, The Grounds Guys®, Five Star Painting®, Molly Maid®, Mr. Appliance®, Mr. Electric®, Mr. Handyman®, Mr. Rooter® (Drain Doctor® in the UK), ProTect Painters®, Rainbow International®, and Locatec®. Collectively, these independent franchise concepts offer customers worldwide a broad base of residential and commercial services. In addition, Dwyer Group operates glass shops in New England under the Portland Glass® brand name. Dwyer Group is a portfolio company of The Riverside Company®, a global private equity firm. The firm’s international portfolio includes more than 75 companies. More information on Dwyer Group, or its franchise concepts, is available at www.dwyergroup.com.
Dwyer Group is also on Twitter at @DwyerGroup.
SOURCE Dwyer Group
530 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- NEW FASTSIGNS® LOCATION OPENS IN CORAL SPRINGS (1 views)
- The Carving Board Sandwiches Serves Up National Franchise Opportunities (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS INTERNATIONAL, INC. CEO CATHERINE MONSON NAMED IN TOP 20 FACES OF FRANCHISING (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS INTERNATIONAL RECEIVES CFA 2017 AWARD (1 views)
- Orlando Business Journal: Signal 88 Security to Expand in Florida (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler – The Vision is Clear (1 views)
- Ziebart Announces New Product To Its Protection And Appearance Line-Up, Ceramic Z-Gloss® Paint Coating, Longest Lasting Paint Coating On The Market (1 views)
- Club Pilates Named America’s Fourth Fastest-Growing Company by Inc. Magazine (1 views)