- Sub Headline: Cold and flu season is here. Improve your chances of staying healthy with easy at-home or office massage tips for your hands and feet.
- City: Louisville
- State: Kentucky
- Listed: December 4, 2015 11:11 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
December 04, 2015 // FranchisePOD.com // LOUISVILLE, Ky. – With flu and cold season just beginning, consumers are taking preventative measures, like receiving flu shots, layering their hands with sanitizer, and dodging sick coworkers to combat sickness during the winter months. Yet many don’t realize that simple massage techniques can greatly reduce a person’s odds of contracting an illness.
According to a study from Cedars-Sinai Hospital, massage has positive health implications for consumers. Those who get massages experience measurable changes in their body’s immune and endocrine response.
“Self-massage techniques for the hands and feet are simple and effective,” says Colleen O’Connor, owner of Elements Massage in Louisville. “Between work, cooking and cleaning, the hands and feet go through a lot. Simple massage techniques can help consumers boost relaxation and immunity in the comfort of their own home.”
Although nothing beats a massage from a licensed and certified massage professional, O’Connor offers the following tips for self-massage at home or in the office:
Something as simple as rolling a tennis ball or golf ball along the bottom of the feet while watching TV or sitting at an office desk can work wonders. Place a ball under the foot and slowly roll foot forward, and then backward, applying enough pressure to feel relief.
Repeat by rolling the ball towards the outside of the foot and then towards the inside.
Hands do a lot of work throughout the day and they don’t always get the attention they deserve. In a circular motion, massage each knuckle one at a time and don’t forget the space between the knuckles.
Although it may be sensitive, the thick muscle between the index finger and thumb is a great place to massage. Relieve tension by gently applying pressure with the thumb to the opposite index finger and continue increasing the pressure.
Stretching the hands can also feel great. With the palm facing up, gently grab fingers and slowly pull back. This stretches a multitude of muscles, including those in the forearms.
O’Connor says these quick and easy techniques can help decrease stress levels, bring some relief, while possibly boosting the immune system throughout the process.
About WellBiz Brands, Inc.
WellBiz Brands, Inc. is headquartered in Highlands Ranch, Colo. and is one of the largest health and wellness companies in the United States. The company manages three separate franchise entities: Elements Therapeutic Massage, LLC, which franchises massage studios, providing custom therapeutic massage to meet clients’ individual needs, Fitness Together Franchise, LLC, which franchises one-on-one and semi-private group personal training studios, and Fit 36, LLC, which franchises high intensity interval training studios, with workouts done as a group.
Elements Therapeutic Massage, LLC began franchising in 2006 and has over 215 Elements Massage™ locations in 36 states. Fitness Together Franchise, LLC began franchising in 1996 and has approximately 170 Fitness Together® locations across the United States. Fit 36, LLC began franchising in 2014 and has three FIT36™ locations in the Denver area.
For more information about Elements Massage™, visit ElementsMassage.com. For more information about Fitness Together®, visit FitnessTogether.com. For more information about FIT36™ visit FIT36fitness.com.
Each Elements Massage™, Fitness Together®, and FIT36® location is independently owned and operated by an individual franchise owner.
SOURCE WellBiz Brands, Inc.
186 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Locking Down Security Business (4 views)
- Sport Clips Emerging Market Franchise Opportunities (4 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (3 views)
- Decatur Tropical Smoothie Café® to Hold a Weekend Grand Opening Celebration (4 views)
- Ziebart Announces New Product To Its Protection And Appearance Line-Up, Ceramic Z-Gloss® Paint Coating, Longest Lasting Paint Coating On The Market (4 views)
- World-Famous Donut Bar to Offer Exclusive Franchise Opportunities (4 views)
- Sport Clips: Meet Our Team Leaders in New York… Tony & Danielle Reilly (4 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler About The Signal 88 Culture and Our Core Values (4 views)
- Salata To Open In Quail Springs Thursday (3 views)
- Meet our Sport Clips Team Leader in New Jersey: Ashley Gray (3 views)
- Smashburger’s New Triple Double Cheeseburger Irks California’s Giant In-N-Out Burger (3 views)
- Local franchisees recognized for charitable giving (3 views)
- E-2 Visa Holders Welcome As Nestlé® Toll House® Café by Chip® Franchisees (3 views)
- FASTSIGNS® Seeks Franchisees At ISA Sign Expo April 19-22 (3 views)
- Creamistry Continues California Expansion (3 views)