- Sub Headline: For Third Year, Study Reveals Traits Employers Look for Education Ranks Last
- City: Ontario
- Country: Canada
- Listed: December 2, 2015 10:11 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
TORONTO, ONTARIO – (FranchisePOD.com) – Dec. 2, 2015 – Express Employment Professionals today released new survey results revealing which traits are most important when considering a job candidate.
The findings come from a survey of 134 Express franchisees across the nation. Respondents were asked to rate various traits on a scale of one to five based on how important they are when evaluating applicants. This is the third year Express has released findings from its “Canada Employed” survey on this topic.
This year, “work ethic/integrity” topped the list with an average rating of 4.5, followed closely by attitude, which topped the list in 2014, with a rating of 4.47. Once again, education received the lowest rating, this time with an average of 2.44.
“Every year now, integrity and attitude have been the two clear winners in this survey,” said Bob Funk, CEO of Express, and a former chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City. “While so many traits are important, integrity and attitude just aren’t things you can acquire with on-the-job training or the right certification. Not only can they make or break a job applicant, they can fundamentally alter the work environment.
“As you can tell from the results, this perception is fairly consistent from year to year. As the workplace evolves, the demand for certain skills may change, but employers will never stop looking for employees with high integrity and a good attitude.”
The survey of 134 Express Employment Professionals franchisees was conducted in July 2015. Earlier surveys were conducted in 2014 and 2013.
Express Employment Professionals explores the state of employment – and unemployment – in Canada today through a series of reports and surveys called Canada Employed. Each edition of Canada Employed focuses on a different aspect of who gets hired in Canada and why.
About Robert A. Funk
Robert A. “Bob” Funk is chairman and chief executive officer of Express Employment Professionals. Headquartered in Oklahoma City, the international staffing company has franchises in the U.S., Canada and South Africa. Under his leadership, Express has put more than 5 million people to work worldwide. Funk served as the Chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City and was also the Chairman of the Conference of Chairmen of the Federal Reserve.
About Express Employment Professionals and Express in Canada
Express Employment Professionals puts people to work. It generated $2.85 billion in sales and employed more than 456,000 people in 2014. Its long-term goal is to put a million people to work annually. Express launched in Canada in July 1996, with a franchise in London, Ontario, and since then, has expanded and grown across Canada significantly. There are currently 36 Express franchises in Canada – five in British Columbia, five in Alberta, two in Saskatchewan, 23 in Ontario and one in Nova Scotia.
SOURCE Express Employment Professionals
Express Employment Professionals
116 total views, 2 today
Popular Ads Today
- FASTSIGNS Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- How This U.S. Veteran Thrived as a Signal 88 Franchisee (1 views)
- Grooming Lounge Franchise Opportunities (3 views)
- Big Whiskey’s Signs First Franchisee in Bentonville, AR (2 views)
- Superior Mosquito Defense Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- Huey Magoo’s Chicken Tenders Announces New Board Members Formerly Of Wingstop Restaurants (2 views)
- Franchise growth, stylist opportunities, philanthropies and awards “Excite” at Sport Clips Haircuts National Huddle (2 views)
- Driven Brands’ Jose R. Costa Becomes NACD Board Leadership Fellow (2 views)
- Enviro-Master Franchisee Scott Sheldon in the news again discussing the Hygiene Industry (2 views)
- Camp Run-A-Mutt Franchise Opportunities (1 views)
- Godfather’s Pizza Announces 2016, Early 2017 Expansions (1 views)
- Quaker Steak & Lube® Celebrates National Chicken Wing Day, July 29 (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS Company Facts (1 views)
- SIGNAL 88 HERO OF THE MONTH: JANUARY, 2017 (1 views)