- Sub Headline: Owner/Operators Ed and Carrie Wenzel will open new stores in Sterling Heights and Auburn Hills
- Franchise URL: http://www.dickeys.com
- Listed: March 27, 2016 5:43 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
MACOMB TOWNSHIP, Mich., March 25, 2016 /FranchisePOD.com/ — Dickey’s Barbecue Pit is expanding in Michigan with a franchise development agreement for three stores. Owner/Operators Ed and Carrie Wenzel have recently become the new owners of the Macomb Township location and will open two new locations in Sterling Heights and Auburn Hills. The Sterling Heights location is slated to open by summer 2016, and the Auburn Hills location will follow by the end of the year. As a family business, they plan to give their twins a professional start in the restaurants, eventually turning over ownership. For now, however, Ed and Carrie will co-manage the new stores.
Having spent their careers in the auto industry, the Wenzels had dreamed along with their family of opening a restaurant for years. When the time was right, the couple researched franchise concepts in which to invest. They chose Dickey’s Barbecue Pit because of the high-quality product, low franchise fees and ongoing training and marketing support. “We are excited to offer delicious Texas-style barbecue to these communities,” Carrie says. “We believe in Dickey’s family-owned brand and look forward to expanding our family business with it.”
Carrie Wenzel graduates Barbecue University, Dickey’s four-week training program for Owner/Operators, on March 25. Barbecue University trains Owner/Operators in all aspects of restaurant ownership, from slow smoking meat to customer service.
“The Dickey family congratulates Ed and Carrie Wenzel on their first store opening, and we look forward to supporting the opening of their next two locations,” says Roland Dickey, Jr., CEO of Dickey’s Barbecue Restaurants, Inc. “We currently have seven Dickey’s locations in Michigan and look forward to further expanding in the region.”
To learn more about franchising with Dickeys, visit www.dickeys.com/franchise or call 866-340-6188.
To find the Dickey’s Barbecue Pit nearest you, click here. Find Dickey’s on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
About Dickey’s Barbecue Restaurants, Inc.
Dickey’s Barbecue Restaurants, Inc., the nation’s largest barbecue chain was founded in 1941 by Travis Dickey with the goal of authentic slow smoked barbecue. Today, all meats are still slow smoked on-site in each restaurant living up to the company tagline, “We Speak Barbecue.” The Dallas-based family-run barbecue franchise offers a quality selection of signature meats, home style sides, tangy barbecue sauce and free kids’ meals every Sunday. The fast-casual concept has expanded to over 540 locations in 43 states. Dickey’s was recognized for the third year by Nation’s Restaurant News as a “Top 10 Growth Chain” and by Technomic as the “Fastest-growing restaurant chain in the country.” For more information, visit www.dickeys.com or for barbecue franchise opportunities call 866.340.6188.
Kimberly Harms / Michelle George
email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Dickey’s Barbecue
215 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Locking Down Security Business (4 views)
- Sport Clips Emerging Market Franchise Opportunities (4 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (3 views)
- Decatur Tropical Smoothie Café® to Hold a Weekend Grand Opening Celebration (4 views)
- Ziebart Announces New Product To Its Protection And Appearance Line-Up, Ceramic Z-Gloss® Paint Coating, Longest Lasting Paint Coating On The Market (4 views)
- World-Famous Donut Bar to Offer Exclusive Franchise Opportunities (4 views)
- Sport Clips: Meet Our Team Leaders in New York… Tony & Danielle Reilly (4 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler About The Signal 88 Culture and Our Core Values (4 views)
- Salata To Open In Quail Springs Thursday (3 views)
- Meet our Sport Clips Team Leader in New Jersey: Ashley Gray (3 views)
- Smashburger’s New Triple Double Cheeseburger Irks California’s Giant In-N-Out Burger (3 views)
- Local franchisees recognized for charitable giving (3 views)
- E-2 Visa Holders Welcome As Nestlé® Toll House® Café by Chip® Franchisees (3 views)
- FASTSIGNS® Seeks Franchisees At ISA Sign Expo April 19-22 (3 views)
- Creamistry Continues California Expansion (3 views)