- Sub Headline: Owner/Operators Ed and Carrie Wenzel will open new stores in Sterling Heights and Auburn Hills
- Franchise URL: http://www.dickeys.com
- Listed: March 27, 2016 5:43 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
MACOMB TOWNSHIP, Mich., March 25, 2016 /FranchisePOD.com/ — Dickey’s Barbecue Pit is expanding in Michigan with a franchise development agreement for three stores. Owner/Operators Ed and Carrie Wenzel have recently become the new owners of the Macomb Township location and will open two new locations in Sterling Heights and Auburn Hills. The Sterling Heights location is slated to open by summer 2016, and the Auburn Hills location will follow by the end of the year. As a family business, they plan to give their twins a professional start in the restaurants, eventually turning over ownership. For now, however, Ed and Carrie will co-manage the new stores.
Having spent their careers in the auto industry, the Wenzels had dreamed along with their family of opening a restaurant for years. When the time was right, the couple researched franchise concepts in which to invest. They chose Dickey’s Barbecue Pit because of the high-quality product, low franchise fees and ongoing training and marketing support. “We are excited to offer delicious Texas-style barbecue to these communities,” Carrie says. “We believe in Dickey’s family-owned brand and look forward to expanding our family business with it.”
Carrie Wenzel graduates Barbecue University, Dickey’s four-week training program for Owner/Operators, on March 25. Barbecue University trains Owner/Operators in all aspects of restaurant ownership, from slow smoking meat to customer service.
“The Dickey family congratulates Ed and Carrie Wenzel on their first store opening, and we look forward to supporting the opening of their next two locations,” says Roland Dickey, Jr., CEO of Dickey’s Barbecue Restaurants, Inc. “We currently have seven Dickey’s locations in Michigan and look forward to further expanding in the region.”
To learn more about franchising with Dickeys, visit www.dickeys.com/franchise or call 866-340-6188.
To find the Dickey’s Barbecue Pit nearest you, click here. Find Dickey’s on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
About Dickey’s Barbecue Restaurants, Inc.
Dickey’s Barbecue Restaurants, Inc., the nation’s largest barbecue chain was founded in 1941 by Travis Dickey with the goal of authentic slow smoked barbecue. Today, all meats are still slow smoked on-site in each restaurant living up to the company tagline, “We Speak Barbecue.” The Dallas-based family-run barbecue franchise offers a quality selection of signature meats, home style sides, tangy barbecue sauce and free kids’ meals every Sunday. The fast-casual concept has expanded to over 540 locations in 43 states. Dickey’s was recognized for the third year by Nation’s Restaurant News as a “Top 10 Growth Chain” and by Technomic as the “Fastest-growing restaurant chain in the country.” For more information, visit www.dickeys.com or for barbecue franchise opportunities call 866.340.6188.
Kimberly Harms / Michelle George
email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Dickey’s Barbecue
184 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (8 views)
- Sport Clips Franchise Opportunities (5 views)
- Signal 88 Sales Training Helps Convert Former Police Officers to Sales People (2 views)
- Hurricane Harvey: How You Can Help (2 views)
- Atlanta Area Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt Franchise (6 views)
- Security 101: Signal 88 Memorial Day Safety Tips (4 views)
- FASTSIGNS® And SpaceView Launch Partnership To Enhance Sales Strategy Through Augmented Reality Visual Experience (3 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Video: Reed Nyffeler –The Role of the Franchisor (3 views)
- E-2 Visa Holders Welcome As Nestlé® Toll House® Café by Chip® Franchisees (3 views)
- Go Burrito Announces Plans to Launch Franchise Opportunities (3 views)
- Franchise growth, stylist opportunities, philanthropies and awards “Excite” at Sport Clips Haircuts National Huddle (2 views)
- Back Yard Burger Supports Dine Out for No Kid Hungry (2 views)
- Build Your Dream Lineup At Taco John’s® (2 views)
- AAMCO Expanding Brand’s Footprint With 18 New Centers Nationwide (2 views)
- Quaker Steak & Lube® New Entrees and Desserts Combine for a Full-Meal Dining Experience (2 views)