- Listed: November 20, 2015 3:14 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
November 17, 2015 // FranchisePOD.com // On The Border Mexican Grill & Cantina has created a new Kids Menu that is fun, interactive and provides parents and children with a selection of healthful menu options when dining out.
New menu items include ‘Build Your Own Tacos’, Big Kids Nachos and Enchiladas; and kids will still find their tried & true favorites like corn dogs and chicken strips. Kids LiveWell-endorsed meals include ‘Build Your Own Tacos’ and the Fajita Chicken Soft Taco – both meals are 400 calories or less.
“Families with kids come to On The Border to reconnect and spend time together in a fun and exciting atmosphere. And one of the ways we’re helping make that happen is to create a kids menu with a variety of options that are appealing to kids, and that parents can feel good about,” said Brian Campbell, Chef and Director of Culinary R&D for On The Border. “What kid wouldn’t love being ‘the chef’ and building their own tacos just exactly the way they want them? It’s like having permission to play with your food!”
In the process of updating and improving their kids menu, OTB has partnered with the Kids LiveWell & Healthy Dining Finder programs. These programs identify restaurants that offer healthier children’s meals based on nutrition criteria recommended by leading health organizations. It’s a voluntary program through which restaurants’ efforts are to increase healthier menu options for children in a commitment to reduce childhood obesity.
“We also wanted to provide more healthful options that are important to both parents and kids,” continued Campbell. “Our partnership with Kids LiveWell gives us a great platform to offer kids menu options that are packed with flavor – yes, kids really like them! – and they’re lower in calories.”
The addition of the Kids LiveWell-endorsed meals is a natural complement to OTB’s Border SmartSM adult entree selections, featuring menu items with 590 calories or less.
About On The Border
On The Border Mexican Grill & Cantina is the world’s largest Mexican casual dining brand, offering an extensive menu of great-tasting, classic and contemporary Mexican food, like sizzling mesquite-grilled fajitas, and Margaritas as big and bold as the border itself. On The Border is owned by Border Holdings, LLC, with more than 150 restaurants in 33 states, Puerto Rico, Asia and the Middle East. Follow and ‘like’ On The Border on Facebook at www.facebook.com/onthebordermexicangrillandcantina, and @OnTheBorder on Twitter. For more information, visit www.ontheborder.com.
SOURCE On The Border
151 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- How This U.S. Veteran Thrived as a Signal 88 Franchisee (2 views)
- Signal 88 Locking Down Security Business (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security Announces First European Master Franchise (1 views)
- Orlando Business Journal: Signal 88 Security to Expand in Florida (2 views)
- New Cherry Blow Dry Bar Coming to Marlton, NJ (2 views)
- AtWork Group Ranked as One of the Largest Staffing Firms in the US (1 views)
- BodyLogicMD Transforms Integrative Medicine for Physicians and Patients With Exponential Growth and Expansion (1 views)
- Three local FastSigns recognized for top performance (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® reporta crecimiento sin precedente al firmar acuerdo con 63 nuevas franquicias en 2016 (1 views)
- World-Famous Donut Bar to Offer Exclusive Franchise Opportunities (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® CELEBRATES NEW LEVELS OF SUCCESS AND HONORS FRANCHISEES AT 2017 INTERNATIONAL CONVENTION (1 views)
- E-2 Visa Holders Welcome As Nestlé® Toll House® Café by Chip® Franchisees (1 views)
- Quaker Steak & Lube® New Entrees and Desserts Combine for a Full-Meal Dining Experience (1 views)
- NEW FASTSIGNS® LOCATION OPENS IN CORAL SPRINGS (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS OF KIRKLAND ACQUIRES STANFORD SIGNS (1 views)