- Sub Headline: More than 600 stores across the country will give away free Italian Ice on March 20
- City: Trevose
- State: Pennsylvania
- Franchise URL: http://www.RitasIce.com
- Listed: March 18, 2016 8:31 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
March 18, 2016 // FranchisePOD.com // TREVOSE, Pa – Today, Rita’s Italian Ice, the world’s largest Italian Ice concept with more than 600 stores, celebrates the first day of spring with its 23rd annual First Day of Spring Free Italian Ice Giveaway. While spring may signify warm temperatures, more than one million Rita’s guests from coast to coast will experience an icy blast on March 20 with a free Italian Ice in Rita’s new, limited-edition First Day of Spring cups.
“Families lining up to get their ‘cool treats,’ kids begging their parents for a trip to Rita’s after school and busy working professionals taking an afternoon break at their local store — these First Day of Spring traditions all have one thing in common and that’s putting a smile on each and every guest’s face,” said Jeff Moody, CEO of Rita’s Italian Ice. “For a company whose mission is happiness, it doesn’t get much better than that.”
Spreading Ice, Custard and Happiness
As part of the springtime celebration, all guests who visit a Rita’s location on March 20 during operating hours will receive a free Italian Ice in a limited-edition First Day of Spring cup. Guests are encouraged to enter a photo contest hosted on the Rita’s Italian Ice Facebook page by sharing a photo of their “cool treat” via social media using #RitasFirstDayOfSpring. From March 20 to April 11, Facebook fans will be able to vote for their favorite picture, and each week a winner will be selected to win free Italian Ice for a year. Everyone who votes for a picture will also be entered for a chance to win.
All Rita’s Rewards members will earn a free “punch” on March 20 toward a free regular Italian Ice as part of the annual celebration. Rita’s Rewards is a mobile loyalty program allowing guests to earn rewards or “punches” by making purchases. The Rita’s Ice app is available via the iTunes App store or Google Play store.
Fun Rita’s First Day of Spring Facts
- 1992 marked Rita’s Italian Ice’s first-ever First Day of Spring Free Italian Ice Giveaway.
- Rita’s will give away Italian Ice to more people than the population of Vermont and Wyoming combined.
- It’s expected that more than 500,000 pounds of free Italian Ice will be given out as part of the beloved annual celebration, which is heavier than the weight of the Statue of Liberty.
- Rita’s top five most popular Italian Ice flavors are Mango, Cherry, Cotton Candy, Lemon and Swedish Fish®.
- Rita’s uses more than 300,000 pounds of mangoes annually to create its #1 Italian Ice flavor, Mango.
To find a Rita’s location near you, visit www.ritasice.com.
For media only, visit the Rita’s Italian Ice Press Center to access a downloadable infographic, photos and more information about Rita’s First Day of Spring Free Italian Ice Giveaway.
About Rita’s Italian Ice
The popular chain offers many delicious options that combine their famous Italian Ice and award-winning Old-Fashioned Frozen Custard, including layered Gelati, blended Misto® Shake, and a personalized Blendini® which mixes Italian Ice, Frozen Custard and a delicious topping. Rita’s also has unique Milkshakes made with Old-Fashioned Frozen Custard, and Custard Cookie Sandwiches. Since 1984, Rita’s has been dedicated to serving up a big dose of happiness with their freshly made, delicious, custom treats, in a fun-filled atmosphere. For more information about Rita’s Italian Ice, please call 1-800-677-7482 or visit http://www.ritasice.com.
SOURCE Rita’s Italian Ice
262 total views, 2 today
Popular Ads Today
- Meet our Sport Clips Team Leader in New Jersey: Ashley Gray (4 views)
- FASTSIGNS® LEVERAGING EPSON-3M ULTRACHROME GS3 INK IN EPSON SURECOLOR S-SERIES SOLVENT PRINTERS (3 views)
- 10th Annual Tilted Kilt Calendar: Kilt Calendar Girls Across the Country Celebrate Launch (3 views)
- New Wag N’ Wash in Redmond Part of 15-Store Expansion Plan (3 views)
- Huey Magoo’s Chicken Tenders Announces New Board Members Formerly Of Wingstop Restaurants (2 views)
- Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers Celebrates 15 Years of Success (2 views)
- SIGNAL 88 OFFICER OF THE MONTH FEBRUARY, BRENDON BENSON (2 views)
- Le Macaron French Pastries Satisfies Sweet Tooth with New Beverage Offerings (2 views)
- Security 101: Signal 88 Memorial Day Safety Tips (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS INTERNATIONAL RECEIVES CFA 2017 AWARD (2 views)
- GYMGUYZ Launches International Expansion with First Canadian Franchise Agreements (2 views)
- Club Pilates Named America’s Fourth Fastest-Growing Company by Inc. Magazine (2 views)
- Altitude Trampoline Park Springing In To Skokie, IL In 2018 (1 views)
- SIGNAL 88 HERO OF THE MONTH: JANUARY, 2017 (1 views)
- Back Yard Burger Supports Dine Out for No Kid Hungry (1 views)