MEMPHIS, TN (FranchisePOD.com) June 09, 2016 – It’s no secret that when it comes to household cleaning activities, moms have traditionally taken the lead. However, that disparity may finally be giving way to a more balanced, team approach, according to a survey by Merry Maids, the nation’s leading home cleaning company and a ServiceMaster Global Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: SERV) company. Almost 75 percent of respondents agreed that dads share cleaning responsibilities with moms.
With Father’s Day just around the corner, company officials say it’s the perfect time to recognize dads for all that they do to keep homes neat and clean — especially when they may not be getting the credit they’re due. More than 95 percent of dads surveyed say they share cleaning duties, but only 64 percent of moms say the same. That said, dads just might need a little help getting started and they might have to work harder to keep things clean. According to the survey, almost 70 percent of moms claim that dads need to be prompted to help clean the house, and more than 75 percent of dads did not disagree that they’re naturally messier than moms.
“As busy as families are today, it takes everyone working together to keep a household running smoothly,” said Debra Johnson, Merry Maids home cleaning expert. “When things are well-organized and clean, it not only allows families to enjoy their living space, but can help reduce everyone’s stress level. It also helps kids develop positive habits that can last a lifetime.”
In fact, dads surveyed say they learned some of their top tips from their dads, such as keeping outdoor spaces clean and organized, and to clean as you cook.
The top tip they learned from their dad? Hire a professional cleaning service (27 percent).
With this in mind, Johnson says a Merry Maids gift card could be the perfect solution for a last-minute Father’s Day gift. The cards are available online at www.merrymaids.com and in any denomination.
“Our gift cards can give time back to busy families,” she said. “They’re a great way to help free up the day and make great memories together.”
To find the nearest Merry Maids location, visit merrymaids.com. For more information and to stay up-to-date on the latest home cleaning and organizing tips, “like” the company’s Facebook page or follow Merry Maids on Twitter.
About Merry Maids
Merry Maids is the largest home cleaning franchise network in the United States. Merry Maids provides services in 48 states and the District of Columbia through more than 470 company-owned locations and franchised outlets. The company also provides home cleaning services in Canada, Ireland and the United Kingdom and has licensing arrangements whereby licensees provide these services in Hong Kong, Japan, South America, South Korea, Southeast Asia and Australia. Through its company-owned and franchise locations, Merry Maids employs more than 8,000 home cleaning professionals that service homes on four continents, including more than 200,000 homes in North America every month. Merry Maids is a business unit of ServiceMaster Global Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: SERV), a leading provider of essential residential and commercial services. Go to www.merrymaids.com for more information about Merry Maids or follow us at twitter.com/MerryMaids and facebook.com/MerryMaids.
ServiceMaster (NYSE: SERV) solves the homeowner’s dilemma. Every day, we visit more than 75,000 homes and businesses through our extensive service network of expert professionals. Technology powers our trusted experts to engage with customers so they can order, buy and receive services when, where and how they want them. Our well-recognized brands include American Home Shield (home warranties), AmeriSpec (home inspections), Furniture Medic (furniture repair), Merry Maids (residential cleaning), ServiceMaster Clean (janitorial and residential floor cleaning), ServiceMaster Restore (disaster restoration) and Terminix (termite and pest control). Like, follow or visit us at facebook.com/ServiceMaster, linkedin.com/ServiceMaster, twitter.com/ServiceMaster, or servicemaster.com.
About the Survey
The Merry Maids Father’s Day Survey presents the findings of an online survey conducted by Toluna from May 27-29, 2015 among a sample of 1,026 American adults, comprising 471 men and 555 women 18 years of age and older. The margin of error for a sample of this size is ± 3% at a 95% level of confidence.
446 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (4 views)
- Watch how FASTSIGNS helped this printer with our Co-Brand program grow their business by more than 40% (2 views)
- Meet The FASTSIGNS Franchise Corporate Leadership Team (2 views)
- Franchising Growth: Signal 88 by the Numbers (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® Sponsors National Business Media Show In Fort Lauderdale, Florida February 16-18 (4 views)
- Jazen Tea Celebrates 5 Years With Free Drinks for a Year (2 views)
- World-Famous Donut Bar to Offer Exclusive Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- New PickUp USA Fitness Franchise Opening in Las Vegas (1 views)
- Orlando Business Journal: Signal 88 Security to Expand in Florida (1 views)
- LOCAL FASTSIGNS FRANCHISEE PROVIDES SIGNS OF SUPPORT FOR BIG BROTHERS BIG SISTERS (1 views)
- Altitude Trampoline Park Springing In To Skokie, IL In 2018 (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® reporta crecimiento sin precedente al firmar acuerdo con 63 nuevas franquicias en 2016 (1 views)
- Any Lab Test Now Honored For First Time On Prestigious Inc. 5000 List (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS INTERNATIONAL, INC. CEO CATHERINE MONSON NAMED IN TOP 20 FACES OF FRANCHISING (1 views)
- Moran Family of Brands Announces Franchisees of the Year (1 views)