- Franchise URL: http://www.FamousDaves.com
- Listed: May 27, 2016 10:01 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
MINNEAPOLIS, MN (FranchisePOD.com) May 27, 2016 – Famous Dave’s of America, Inc. (NASDAQ: DAVE) announced that founder and Bar-B-Que legend Famous Dave Anderson, along with champion pitmaster and long-time franchisee, David Marks, will be featured on the season finale of “SMOKED” – a new Bar-B-Que competition on Destination America, the only TV network dedicated to all-American entertainment. The nine-episode series airs Wednesdays at 10/9c, with the season finale featuring Famous Dave’s to air on August 3, 2016.
Each episode features two pitmaster teams who compete head-to-head in a Bar-B-Que battle, and is hosted by three-time world barbecue champion Myron Mixon, along with a rotating panel of all-star judges.
“All of us at Famous Dave’s of America are proud and excited that our founder, Famous Dave Anderson, was chosen to compete on SMOKED to showcase the authentic award-winning Bar-B-Que skills that make our restaurant and menu so deliciously special every day. We are fired up about SMOKED!” said Alfredo Martel, Chief Marketing Officer.
Overview of the Famous Dave’s Episode (Wednesday, August 3 at 10/9c):
Guest judges: Dr. BBQ and Moe Cason. The season finale is described by Destination America as, “The brains behind two of America’s biggest barbecue chains have come to Myron Mixon to settle their rivalry once and for all. ‘Famous’ Dave Anderson of Famous Dave’s Bar-B-Que built his restaurant chain from the ground up 30 years ago, and he’s taking on Brandon Manly, the COO of Sonny’s BBQ and the head of the Sonny’s competitive BBQ cooking team. These two BBQ titans will face SMOKED’s biggest challenges yet, from grilling ribs in an hour to cooking a whole hog. The winner takes home $5,000 for his favorite charity, and the loser will donate another $5,000 out of his own pocket.” For a listing of all SMOKED episodes, please visit: press.discovery.com.
About Famous Dave’s of America, Inc.
Famous Dave’s of America, Inc. (NASDAQ:DAVE) develops, owns, operates and franchises Bar-B-Que restaurants. As of May 4, 2016, The Company owns 37 locations and franchises 141 additional restaurants in 33 states, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, United Arab Emirates and Canada. Famous Dave’s menu features award-winning Bar-B-Que and grilled meats, a large selection of salads, side items and sandwiches, and made-from-scratch desserts. Famous Dave’s has won more than 700 awards for everything from “Best Ribs” to “Best Bar-B-Que Sauce” to “Best Cookbook” to “Top Barbeque Restaurant Franchise.” For more information, please visit: famousdaves.com.
Statements in this press release that are not strictly historical, including but not limited to statements regarding the expected financial impact of restaurant closures and lease terminations, the timing of our restaurant openings and the timing or success of our expansion plans, are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, which may cause the company’s actual results to differ materially from expected results. Although Famous Dave’s of America, Inc. believes the expectations reflected in any forward-looking statements are based on reasonable assumptions, it can give no assurance that its expectation will be attained. Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from Famous Dave’s expectation include financial performance, restaurant industry conditions, execution of restaurant development and construction programs, franchisee performance, changes in local or national economic conditions, availability of financing, governmental approvals and other risks detailed from time to time in the company’s SEC reports.
SOURCE Famous Dave’s of America, Inc.
Famous Dave’s of America
491 total views, 2 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (3 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler – Rise 2017 Planned Breakout Sessions (3 views)
- Wetzel’s Pretzels Continues Nontraditional Unit Expansion with Successful Phoenix-Area Walmart Opening (2 views)
- Meet our Sport Clips Team Leader in New Jersey: Ashley Gray (2 views)
- Veterans Find Second Career as VaporFi Franchise Owners (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler About The Signal 88 Culture and Our Core Values (2 views)
- Home Care Assistance of Pembroke Pines Receives 2017 Best of Home Care® Provider and Employer of Choice Awards (2 views)
- Shane Beard San Diego FASTSIGNS Franchisee Celebrates Over 20 years of Success (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler – The Vision is Clear (2 views)
- Security 101: Signal 88 Memorial Day Safety Tips (2 views)
- Rush Bowls Continues 2017 Momentum (2 views)
- Office Evolution Makes Prestigious Inc. 5000 List of Fastest Growing U.S. Private Companies (2 views)
- NEW BUSINESS IN TOWN: FASTSIGNS® OF EUGENE NOW OPEN (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS® reporta crecimiento sin precedente al firmar acuerdo con 63 nuevas franquicias en 2016 (2 views)
- Always Best Care Announces New Owner Of Burlington Territory (2 views)