- Sub Headline: Dickey's Franchisee Jared Katzenbarger set to open seventh store in greater Sacramento
- City: Sacramento
- State: California
- Franchise URL: https://www.dickeys.com/franchise
- Phone Number: 866.340.6188
- Listed: December 17, 2015 8:05 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
SACRAMENTO, Calif., Dec. 17, 2015 /FranchisePOD.com/ — Without any prior restaurant experience and out of money to complete the construction of his first store, Jared Katzenbarger was on the verge of losing his first Dickey’s Barbecue Pit franchise, almost never becoming a Dickey’s Owner / Operator. Three and a half years later he is about to open his seventh store.
Jared set out to open his first restaurant in 2012 after he saw an opportunity in the Sacramento market for something that didn’t exist, quick service barbecue. “It was a huge hurdle for me at the beginning – people were telling me that opening a restaurant was a bad idea and a waste of my money,” said Katzenbarger. “People shook their heads when I told them about my vision, but all it did was make me want to prove them wrong. Ultimately, it’s what empowered me to build a successful business,” he said.
Jared scraped all the money he had together and at the end, but came up short. This was devastating, however, thanks to help from a friend, business partner and general contractor, Harjaspreet Grewel, Jared eventually got the financing he needed. He successfully completed the project, which was met with overwhelming success and daily lines out the door. He also knew he had to tap into experience and hired local GM Thomas Harris, the first hire he ever made, who is now his District Manager. In a market that offers plenty of pizza, sandwiches and burritos, there was not a lot of competition when it came to barbecue, especially hearty, authentic Texas-style barbecue, smoked low and slow overnight in each store.
“I was always interested in the restaurant industry and I’m so glad I partnered with Dickey’s – I don’t believe I would have had this opportunity with any other brand. It shaped me and my business into what it is today as there was a lot I didn’t know about the process. Dickey’s great support system is what got me through it,” said Katzenbarger. “From the real estate team helping me with site selection to the construction managers and store opening/training team there on the ground with me, I don’t know that I could have made it happen without their ongoing support,” he said.
“Jared is one of our hardest-working Owner / Operators and has really created a niche with his business,” said Roland Dickey, Jr., CEO of Dickey’s Barbecue Restaurants, Inc. “We are honored that he chose to franchise with Dickey’s and congratulate him on his success as he continues to expand across greater Sacramento. Dickey’s offers multi-store incentives to all of our franchisees, and we applaud the many Owner / Operators such as Jared who have grown successful businesses with Dickey’s.”
To learn more about Dickey’s franchise opportunities, visit https://www.dickeys.com/franchise or call 866.340.6188.
To find the Dickey’s Barbecue Pit nearest you, click here. Find Dickey’s on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
About Dickey’s Barbecue Restaurants, Inc.
Dickey’s Barbecue Restaurants, Inc., the nation’s largest barbecue chain was founded in 1941 by Travis Dickey with the goal of authentic slow-smoked barbecue. Today, all meats are still slow smoked on-site in each restaurant living up to the company tagline, “We Speak Barbecue.” The Dallas-based family-run barbecue franchise offers a quality selection of signature meats, homestyle sides, tangy barbecue sauce and free kids’ meals every Sunday. The fast-casual concept has expanded to over 520 locations in 43 states. Dickey’s Barbecue Pit was recognized for the third year by Nation’s Restaurant News as a “Top 10 Growth Chain” and by Technomic as the “Fastest-growing restaurant chain in the country.” For more information, visit www.dickeys.com or for barbecue franchise opportunities call 866.340.6188.
Kimberly Harms / Michelle George
email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Dickey’s Barbecue
246 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- How This U.S. Veteran Thrived as a Signal 88 Franchisee (3 views)
- Signal 88 Locking Down Security Business (2 views)
- Sport Clips Haircut Franchise Markets Available By State (2 views)
- New Cherry Blow Dry Bar Coming to Marlton, NJ (2 views)
- E-2 Visa Holders Welcome As Nestlé® Toll House® Café by Chip® Franchisees (2 views)
- New Wag N’ Wash in Redmond Part of 15-Store Expansion Plan (2 views)
- BumperDoc Franchises Featured in Fender Bender’s MSO Project (2 views)
- Go Burrito Announces Plans to Launch Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- Club Pilates Named America’s Fourth Fastest-Growing Company by Inc. Magazine (2 views)
- 10th Annual Tilted Kilt Calendar: Kilt Calendar Girls Across the Country Celebrate Launch (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS OF KIRKLAND ACQUIRES STANFORD SIGNS (2 views)
- Local franchisees recognized for charitable giving (2 views)
- Orlando Business Journal: Signal 88 Security to Expand in Florida (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS: EXTENDING BRANDING ELEMENTS TO INTERIOR DÉCOR PROMOTES CULTURE AND ENGAGEMENT (2 views)
- AtWork Group Ranked as One of the Largest Staffing Firms in the US (1 views)