- Sub Headline: The CityWay Gandolfo’s offers free delivery, no minimum-order limit, within a two-mile radius of the restaurant
- City: Lawrenceville
- State: Georgia
- Franchise URL: http://www.GandolfosDeli.com/
- Listed: February 19, 2016 10:15 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
February 19, 2016 // FranchisePOD.com // Another CityWay restaurant that opened in July is planning a second location on Mass Ave before the end of 2016.
Gandolfo’s New York Delicatessen unlocked its doors today at 309 S. Delaware St. In six to eight weeks, the chain moves into 333 Massachusetts Ave., a 35-seat spot that had been slated for Orange Leaf frozen yogurt, Gandolfo’s representatives said.
Earlier in July, the breakfast restaurant Yolk debuted at CityWay. Yolk owner Taki Kastanis said at the time that he was looking at Mass Ave for a north downtown Yolk lease he expects to sign by the end of 2014.
On Wednesday, a 32-seat Gandolfo’s began serving its sandwiches, salads, hot dogs and loaded baked potatoes for free to invited guests and people who noticed the doors were open. A back patio scheduled to open this week seats another 30 guests, said Jon Aiello, chief operating officer for JC Deli, LLC, the CityWay Gandolfo’s franchisee.
Founded by native New Yorker Greg Gandolfo, the deli strives to reproduce a New York deli experience, said Dain Pool, vice president of Pool Restaurant Group, which owns Gandolfo’s.
The founder left New York to follow love to Utah. There, he opened the first Gandolfo’s. He packed on the sandwich fillings, as happens at famous Big Apple delis like the Carnegie.
Gandolfo also named menu listings for the places or sayings he missed from back home, Pool said.
As a result, the classic pastrami on rye holds a pound of meat between spicy mustard-smeared marbled rye. The Knuckle Sandwich features pastrami, cheddar, mozzarella, parmesan, lettuce, tomato, olives and marinated mushrooms, on warm sourdough. Eleven warm breakfast sandwiches, served on Kaiser rolls, are available all day.
Quarter-pound Nathan’s Famous brand hot dogs might get a kraut crown or pastrami and Swiss cheese load. Vegetarian sandwiches are available, too.
Eight salads include a fresh strawberry and spinach blend containing bacon, walnuts, gorgonzola, boiled eggs, dried cranberries, red onions and vinaigrette. Dressings are made in-house as are desserts and side salads, Pool said. Bread is baked fresh, and Gandolfo’s uses its own brand of deli meats.
More salads are new to the Gandolfo’s menu and rolling out in for the first time in Indianapolis at the CityWay store, Aiello said. Expect the same, larger menu at a Noblesville store to open Aug. 13 at 14126 Bergen Blvd., Aiello said.
JC Deli, LLC, owned by Palak Thakker of Indianapolis, also owns Greenwood (670 U.S. 31) and Bloomington (3304 W. 3rd St.) outlets, which will see the new menu in the next 30 to 60 days, Aiello said.
The 48-unit Gandolfo’s chain anticipates a dozen Indianapolis stores within three years, Pool said.
The CityWay Gandolfo’s offers free delivery, no minimum-order limit, within a two-mile radius of the restaurant, Aiello said. The deli also caters.
Prices range from $4 to $10. Hours are 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. weekdays and 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
202 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- How This U.S. Veteran Thrived as a Signal 88 Franchisee (4 views)
- Sport Clips Emerging Market Franchise Opportunities (3 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- Signal 88 Locking Down Security Business (2 views)
- Mosquito Squad Recognized As One Of America’s Fastest Growing Companies By Inc. Magazine For Seventh Consecutive Year (4 views)
- New Wag N’ Wash in Redmond Part of 15-Store Expansion Plan (4 views)
- Signal 88 Security – Reed Nyffeler – The Ideal Franchise Candidate (3 views)
- IFA NAMES GORDON LOGAN AS THE 2016 ENTREPRENEUR OF THE YEAR (3 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise: Why Signal 88? (3 views)
- FOCUS Brands Celebrates the Opening of 600 International Stores for both Auntie Anne’s ® and Cinnabon ® Brands (3 views)
- Ziebart Announces New Product To Its Protection And Appearance Line-Up, Ceramic Z-Gloss® Paint Coating, Longest Lasting Paint Coating On The Market (3 views)
- Home Care Assistance of Pembroke Pines Receives 2017 Best of Home Care® Provider and Employer of Choice Awards (2 views)
- Moran Family of Brands Announces Franchisees of the Year (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS INTERNATIONAL, INC. CEO CATHERINE MONSON TO SHARE SUCCESS STRATEGIES AT DALLAS C-SUITE NETWORK CONFERENCE (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security – Reed Nyffeler – Signal 88’s Vision (2 views)