- Sub Headline: Donation Supports BGCC's Goal of Helping Youth Become Successful, Active Participants in Society
- Franchise URL: http://www.GiantTiger.com
- Listed: May 31, 2016 8:45 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
OTTAWA, ONTARIO – (FranchisePOD.com) May 30, 2016 – Giant Tiger officially announces its $145,500 donation to the Boys and Girls Clubs of Canada with a media photo op and cheque presentation on May 31st, 2016 at the newly renovated Boys and Girls Clubhouse at 430 McArthur Ave. In attendance will be BGCC VP of Fund Development, Sue Sheridan; John Pugh, President Ottawa Fury FC; and Giant Tiger’s executive team, including Mr. Thomas Haig, President and COO.
The donation is part of Giant Tiger’s Charitable Foundation which supports programs across Canada that benefit youth and families to make a difference in local communities.
- 4:00-5:00 pm: Drills Practice with Ottawa Fury FC Elite Girls Academy
- 5:15-5:30 pm: Cheque presentation – Media Event & Photo OP
- 5:30-6:30 pm: Soccer Match – Boys and Girls Club team vs. Giant Tiger Employee team
About Giant Tiger
Giant Tiger is the leading Canadian owned family discount store, committed to providing on-trend family fashions, groceries and everyday needs. Established in 1961 in Ottawa’s Byward Market, the privately held company has over 200 locations across Canada and employs over 7,000 team members. All Giant Tiger locations are locally owned or operated by a team member who knows the community. In 2001, the North West Company entered into a franchise agreement with Giant Tiger Stores Limited to open and operate Giant Tiger stores in Western Canada. The friendly local stores with the iconic yellow logo are not only where Canadians shop more and spend less, but they also help bring communities together.
For more information on Giant Tiger, please visit www.gianttiger.com.
About the Boys and Girls Clubs of Canada
Boys and Girls Clubs of Canada is dedicated to supporting and encouraging children and youth as they grow and develop. We are a national charity serving 95 member clubs that provide services to 210,000 young people in 650 locations across Canada. Our trained staff and volunteers listen to the opinions and ideas of children and youth, applaud their accomplishments, lend support during their struggles and provide ways for them to explore their interests and talents. With this encouragement, young people develop the confidence and sense of belonging that helps them succeed in school, form positive relationships and mature into responsible, caring adults. For 115 years, we have welcomed children, youth and their families into clubs that reflect the diversity of Canada in small and large cities, and rural and Aboriginal communities. Visit www.bgccan.com and follow us at www.facebook.com/bgccan and www.twitter.com/bgccan.
Join the conversation and keep up to date on all Giant Tiger news:
Like us on Facebook: Giant Tiger
Follow us on Instagram: @Gianttigerstore
Follow us on Twitter: @GTBoutique
Subscribe to our YouTube channel: Giant Tiger Store
SOURCE Giant Tiger
Manager, Public Relations, Social Media
and Community Activation
(613) 521-8222 ext. 2873
301 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (4 views)
- Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers Celebrates 15 Years of Success (7 views)
- Meet our Sport Clips Team Leader in New Jersey: Ashley Gray (6 views)
- AtWork Group Ranked as One of the Largest Staffing Firms in the US (6 views)
- E-2 Visa Holders Welcome As Nestlé® Toll House® Café by Chip® Franchisees (5 views)
- Meet Mark Jameson, FASTSIGNS, Executive Vice President, Franchise Support & Development (5 views)
- Always Best Care Announces New Owner Of Burlington Territory (5 views)
- Veterans Find Second Career as VaporFi Franchise Owners (5 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler – Rise 2017 Planned Breakout Sessions (5 views)
- FASTSIGNS® reporta crecimiento sin precedente al firmar acuerdo con 63 nuevas franquicias en 2016 (5 views)
- Quaker Steak & Lube® New Entrees and Desserts Combine for a Full-Meal Dining Experience (4 views)
- Signal 88 Security, a Premier Security Services Franchise, Announces Strategic Growth Plan to Add Locations Nationwide (4 views)
- Del Taco to Expand Arizona Presence with 14 New Restaurants (4 views)
- Hurricane Harvey: How You Can Help (4 views)
- NEW FASTSIGNS® FRANCHISEE ACQUIRES MAMMOTH SIGNS (4 views)