- Sub Headline: As the only female on the elected body of decision makers, Young shares insights and experiences from her council role
- City: Dallas
- State: Texas
- Franchise URL: http://www.dickeys.com
- Listed: January 15, 2016 1:18 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
DALLAS, Jan. 15, 2016 /FranchisePOD.com/ — The restaurant operations field tends to be a boys’ club often times, but Dickey’s Barbecue Pit Owner/Operator Gina Young defies gender stereotypes as the only female in an elected position. NFAAC, or National Franchisee Advertising Advisory Council, is Dickey’s elected council of six Owner/Operators who make system-wide decisions on everything from advertising strategy to limited time offers.
Young started her barbecue career in 2012, when she opened her first Dickey’s Barbecue Pit in Olympia, Washington. Previously a stay-at-home mom with no restaurant experience, Young benefitted from the extensive training support from day one. She hired her brother Rob Williams, a volunteer fire fighter, to be her general manager, and now has a very successful store.
In 2015 Young was nominated for the position in NFAAC. Her region consists of every store on the West Coast, and every Owner/Operator casts a vote. She was elected by a landslide and began the position in September. “I feel right at home here, and it is empowering to know I am the only female on the board,” Young says. “I appreciate this opportunity to interact closely with the brand and help make decisions that impact the whole company, while representing fellow Owner/Operators.”
As a NFAAC representative, Young’s responsibilities include championing the brand while advocating for the Owner/Operators whom she represents. The council works on cost and profit measures, menu changes and other brand initiatives. The biggest moment for Young, however, was the launch of the new generation prototype store in late 2015. Launched a month after she took the position, Young was able to travel to Dallas and get a personal tour of the new concept from CEO, Roland Dickey, Jr.
“Dickey’s relies heavily on NFAAC to represent the interests of our Owner/Operators and they are key in the brand’s decision making process,” says Roland Dickey, Jr. “Gina has been a huge asset to the NFAAC council, and we look forward to her knowledge and expertise continuing to impact the brand and overall success of our Owner/Operators.”
To learn more about franchising with Dickeys, visit www.dickeys.com/franchise or call 866-340-6188. To find the Dickey’s Barbecue Pit nearest you, click here. Find Dickey’s on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
About Dickey’s Barbecue Restaurants, Inc.
Dickey’s Barbecue Restaurants, Inc., the nation’s largest barbecue chain was founded in 1941 by Travis Dickey with the goal of authentic slow smoked barbecue. Today, all meats are still slow smoked on-site in each restaurant living up to the company tagline, “We Speak Barbecue.” The Dallas-based family-run barbecue franchise offers a quality selection of signature meats, home style sides, tangy barbecue sauce and free kids’ meals every Sunday. The fast-casual concept has expanded to over 530 locations in 43 states. Dickey’s was recognized for the third year by Nation’s Restaurant News as a “Top 10 Growth Chain” and by Technomic as the “Fastest-growing restaurant chain in the country.” For more information, visit www.dickeys.com or for barbecue franchise opportunities call 866.340.6188.
Kimberly Harms / Michelle George
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
SOURCE Dickey’s Barbecue
217 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Locking Down Security Business (1 views)
- How This U.S. Veteran Thrived as a Signal 88 Franchisee (1 views)
- Back Yard Burger Supports Dine Out for No Kid Hungry (2 views)
- AAMCO Expanding Brand’s Footprint With 18 New Centers Nationwide (2 views)
- Ace Signs of Texas Becomes FASTSIGNS of Killeen (2 views)
- Atlanta Area Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt Franchise (2 views)
- E-2 Visa Holders Welcome As Nestlé® Toll House® Café by Chip® Franchisees (2 views)
- Big Whiskey’s Signs First Franchisee in Bentonville, AR (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler – The Vision is Clear (1 views)
- Go Burrito Announces Plans to Launch Franchise Opportunities (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler – Rise 2017 Planned Breakout Sessions (1 views)
- Ziebart Announces New Product To Its Protection And Appearance Line-Up, Ceramic Z-Gloss® Paint Coating, Longest Lasting Paint Coating On The Market (1 views)
- Roark Portfolio Company Driven Brands Acquires Ohio-Based Lube Stop (1 views)
- Swisher Hygiene founder expands new franchise in Arizona (1 views)
- World-Famous Donut Bar to Offer Exclusive Franchise Opportunities (1 views)