- Sub Headline: 7-Eleven® Asks Customers to Help Freeze Out Hunger during 'Name Your Own Price Slurpee® Day' for Feeding America®
- City: Dallas
- State: Texas
- Listed: November 18, 2015 12:19 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
DALLAS – Nov. 3, 2015 // FranchisePOD.com // – Once a year, on July 11 (7/11), 7-Eleven, Inc. celebrates its birthday on 7-Eleven® Day by giving millions of customers a free small Slurpee® drink. Now on Nov. 7 (11/7), or Reverse 7-Eleven Day, the retailer is asking its customers to give back … to their community.
Saturday, Nov. 7 from 12:01 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. is “Name Your Own Price Slurpee Day,” when 7-Eleven customers are invited to decide the price on any size Slurpee beverage they buy. Customers can select any cup, including refillable mugs, and name their price on Nov. 7 and 7-Eleven will donate 100% of the net proceeds to Feeding America and its nationwide network of food banks. Funds will benefit local food banks in the areas where the Slurpee drinks are purchased. No minimum price or number of Slurpee drinks has been set for this special fund-raising promotion.
“7-Eleven gives back to our customers every year on 7-Eleven Day,” said Laura Gordon, VP Brand Innovation. “On Reverse 7-Eleven Day, we are asking our customers to give back to their communities while still enjoying their favorite treat, Slurpee.”
Feeding America is the leading domestic hunger-relief organization, with a network of 200 member food banks across the country. Each food bank provides food and groceries to local food pantries, meal programs, shelters and other community agencies that help feed 46 million people at risk of hunger, including 12 million children and 7 million seniors. The Name Your Own Price Slurpee Day promotion is a first for the retailer who is encouraging its customers to donate to an important cause while sipping on their favorite Slurpee flavors, including Fanta® Wild Cherry.
“We are heading into the holiday season, a time of year focused on giving and also on food,” Gordon said. “While many families will soon gather together for a holiday meal, too many in this country don’t know where their next meal is coming from. Every dollar donated as a result of ‘Name Your Own Price Slurpee Day’ means Feeding America can provide eleven meals to hungry families and individuals. We invite our customers to give generously so we can help feed as many people as possible.”
For 7Rewards members, Slurpee drinks purchased on Name Your Own Price Day will count as a punch in the “Buy 6 Cups, Get the 7th Free” loyalty program, available through the 7-Eleven smartphone app. Free 7th drinks that have been earned also can be redeemed that day.
“Ending hunger in America today is a solvable issue, but one that we need everyone’s support to accomplish,” said Nancy Curby, vice president of corporate partnerships for Feeding America. “Thanks to partners like 7-Eleven, anyone can simply give back to their own communities and support our neighbors in need.”
About 7-Eleven, Inc.
7-Eleven, Inc. is the premier name and largest chain in the convenience retailing industry. Based in Dallas, Texas, 7-Eleven operates, franchises or licenses some 10,700 7-Eleven® stores in North America. Globally, there are nearly 57,400 7-Eleven stores in 17 countries. 7-Eleven has been honored by a number of companies and organizations recently. Accolades include: #1 on Entrepreneur magazine’s 2014 Top Global Franchise list; #2 on Franchise Times Top 200 Franchise Companies for 2013; #10 spot on Entrepreneur magazine’s Franchise 500 list for 2015, and #3 in Forbes magazine’s Top 20 Franchises to Start. 7-Eleven is No. 3 on Fast Company magazine’s 2013 list of the “World’s Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Retail.” 7-Eleven places among Top Veteran-Friendly Companies for 2014 by U.S. Veterans Magazine and is among GI Jobs magazine’s Top 100 Military Friendly Employers for 2014. Hispanic Magazine named 7-Eleven among its Hispanic Corporate Top 100 Companies that provide the most opportunities to Hispanics. 7-Eleven is franchising its stores in the U.S. and expanding through organic growth, acquisitions and its Business Conversion Program. Find out more online at www.7-Eleven.com.
About Feeding America
Feeding America is the nationwide network of 200 food banks that leads the fight against hunger in the United States. Together, we provide food to more than 46 million people through 60,000 food pantries and meal programs in communities across America. Feeding America also supports programs that improve food security among the people we serve; educates the public about the problem of hunger; and advocates for legislation that protects people from going hungry. Individuals, charities, businesses and government all have a role in ending hunger. Donate. Volunteer. Advocate. Educate. Together we can solve hunger. Visit www.feedingamerica.org, find us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.
SOURCE 7-Eleven, Inc.
254 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Locking Down Security Business (4 views)
- Sport Clips Emerging Market Franchise Opportunities (4 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (3 views)
- Decatur Tropical Smoothie Café® to Hold a Weekend Grand Opening Celebration (4 views)
- Ziebart Announces New Product To Its Protection And Appearance Line-Up, Ceramic Z-Gloss® Paint Coating, Longest Lasting Paint Coating On The Market (4 views)
- World-Famous Donut Bar to Offer Exclusive Franchise Opportunities (4 views)
- Sport Clips: Meet Our Team Leaders in New York… Tony & Danielle Reilly (4 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler About The Signal 88 Culture and Our Core Values (4 views)
- Salata To Open In Quail Springs Thursday (3 views)
- Meet our Sport Clips Team Leader in New Jersey: Ashley Gray (3 views)
- Smashburger’s New Triple Double Cheeseburger Irks California’s Giant In-N-Out Burger (3 views)
- Local franchisees recognized for charitable giving (3 views)
- E-2 Visa Holders Welcome As Nestlé® Toll House® Café by Chip® Franchisees (3 views)
- FASTSIGNS® Seeks Franchisees At ISA Sign Expo April 19-22 (3 views)
- Creamistry Continues California Expansion (3 views)