May 26, 2016 (FranchisePOD.com) WACO, Texas – In the next few months, summer temperatures will heat up outside and home air conditioning units will be cranked up inside. But many homeowners are inadvertently tossing hard-earned money (along with cool air) right out the window the minute the air conditioner kicks on.
Even if homeowners follow the energy-efficient guidelines set up by energy.gov of setting the thermostat at 78 degrees in the summer, improperly sealed windows make this a futile effort. The glass specialists at Glass Doctor explain how homeowners can be more energy efficient during summer months with the right windows.
“Homeowners are so accustomed to simply adjusting the thermostat, they don’t even realize that leaky, drafty windows are usually the culprit,” said in-house Glass Doctor expert, Frank Levesque. “Replacing old windows with insulated glass units (IGUs) can make a big difference.”
IGUs are double-paned windows that are sealed with gas insulators to prevent condensation and air leakage. Levesque has found several benefits homeowners can expect with IGUs.
- IGUs provide climate control within your home.
- IGUs make your home more energy efficient.
- IGUs reduce your utility bills.
- IGUs buffer outside noise.
- IGUs increase your home’s value.
“If you think about it,” Levesque explains. “IGUs are a win-win for the customer – a comfortable home and more money in the wallet.”
IGUs are a great way for homeowners to keep cool this summer without breaking the budget.
To find out more about IGUs, contact your local Glass Doctor or visit the Glass Doctor blog athttp://glassdoctor.com/double-pane-windows.
About Glass Doctor
Established in 1962 with one shop in Seattle, Wash., today Glass Doctor offers complete glass repair, replacement and services to the residential, automotive and commercial markets at more than 275 locations in the United States and Canada. Glass Doctor began franchising in 1977 and in 1998 joined The Dwyer Group, Inc., family of service franchises. For further information or to find the location nearest you, visit GlassDoctor.com.
SOURCE Glass Doctor
255 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- FASTSIGNS Franchise Opportunities (3 views)
- Hurricane Harvey: How You Can Help (3 views)
- Sport Clips Haircut Franchise Markets Available By State (2 views)
- Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers Celebrates 15 Years of Success (7 views)
- Back Yard Burger Supports Dine Out for No Kid Hungry (5 views)
- BodyLogicMD Transforms Integrative Medicine for Physicians and Patients With Exponential Growth and Expansion (4 views)
- Fajita Pete’s Continues Franchising Development Throughout Texas (3 views)
- BumperDoc Franchises Featured in Fender Bender’s MSO Project (3 views)
- Smashburger’s New Triple Double Cheeseburger Irks California’s Giant In-N-Out Burger (3 views)
- Topgolf Aiming for Richmond as 4th Virginia Location (3 views)
- The Loop Pizza Grill Opens New Jacksonville Location (3 views)
- Local Entrepreneur Opens Beeline Bikes in San Antonio (2 views)
- World-Famous Donut Bar to Offer Exclusive Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- Black Bear Diner Reaches Milestone With Opening of 100th Restaurant (2 views)
- Woody’s Bar-B-Q® Heads North to Bring a Taste of the South to the Empire State (2 views)