- Sub Headline: Plan will take place in all 484 corporate and franchise-owned restaurants
- City: Raleigh
- State: North Carolina
- Franchise URL: http://www.GoldenCorral.com
- Listed: February 19, 2016 9:48 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
RALEIGH, NC (FranchisePOD.com) FEBRUARY 18, 2016 – Golden Corral®, the nation’s largest grill-buffet chain, announced plans to transition to sourcing and serving cage-free shell eggs in all of their 484 corporate and franchise-owned restaurants.
“At Golden Corral, we are pleased to report that we have already begun our move to source shell eggs from a cage-free environment,” said Golden Corral President and CEO Lance Trenary. “We will continue to work with our suppliers until we achieve 100% cage-free shell eggs in all domestic locations. Although there are challenges related to limited supply in the marketplace, we expect to achieve our goal within 10 years.”
Golden Corral uses eggs in many popular menu items, including their weekend breakfast buffet foods such as scrambled eggs, omelets and breakfast burritos.
About Golden Corral:
Golden Corral, based in Raleigh, N.C., is the nation’s largest grill-buffet restaurant chain with 484 restaurants operating in 41 states as of January 1, 2016. Seventy-five percent of the restaurants are operated by franchisees. Golden Corral is famous for its variety, with most restaurants carrying 160 innovative and delicious food choices, including USDA steaks cooked to order, rotisserie chicken, awesome pot roast and desserts like homemade carrot cake and the Chocolate Wonderfall®.
Golden Corral’s first restaurant opened in 1973 in Fayetteville, N.C., as a family steakhouse. In the mid-’80s, guests’ requests for additional entrees and an expanded salad bar prompted the company to reinvent itself by introducing the 400-seat “Buffet and Grill.”
226 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- NEW FASTSIGNS® LOCATION OPENS IN CORAL SPRINGS (1 views)
- The Carving Board Sandwiches Serves Up National Franchise Opportunities (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS INTERNATIONAL, INC. CEO CATHERINE MONSON NAMED IN TOP 20 FACES OF FRANCHISING (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS INTERNATIONAL RECEIVES CFA 2017 AWARD (1 views)
- Orlando Business Journal: Signal 88 Security to Expand in Florida (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler – The Vision is Clear (1 views)
- Ziebart Announces New Product To Its Protection And Appearance Line-Up, Ceramic Z-Gloss® Paint Coating, Longest Lasting Paint Coating On The Market (1 views)
- Club Pilates Named America’s Fourth Fastest-Growing Company by Inc. Magazine (1 views)