- Listed: September 15, 2016 8:15 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
CENTENNIAL, Colo. (FranchisePOD.com) Sept. 14, 2016 – GolfTEC – the world leader in golf lessons and top employer of PGA Professionals – announces plans to transition students and Coaches to existing and/or new and enhanced standalone centers in U.S. and Canadian markets impacted by today’s announcement that Golfsmith International has filed for bankruptcy, which will result in the closure of a select group of the retailer’s locations that housed GolfTEC facilities.
The partnership between the two entities began in 2003 and remains strong with GolfTEC continuing to operate in a number of Golfsmith locations throughout the United States and Canada (Golf Town®). GolfTEC was well prepared for this restructuring and immediately enacted plans to strengthen effected markets while contacting students and Coaches with a transition plan to ensure uninterrupted service.
New GolfTEC standalone locations going forward will feature updated in-store designs and a variety of exciting new technology. This includes:
*New In-Center Design – Tailored to create a dynamic and holistic experience, new centers (and retrofits of existing) will feature an inviting and vibrant atmosphere tailored to total golf immersion. Further, new amenities and additional high-end game improvement products and services are available for students to engage with.
*New Technology – Known as one of the most technologically progressive brands in golf, the company’s new locations will feature:
- Advanced, state-of-the-art cameras and lighting to provide enhanced high-resolution video for both in-bay playback during lessons and online viewing post-session.
- Custom content on in-bay screens to guide players through solo practice sessions and skill assessments, helping them more rapidly achieve their playing goals.
- Updated TECfit club-fitting software that integrates deep swing characteristics and ball flight data to further help players and coaches identify the best possible equipment, including recommended club head and shaft combinations
“GolfTEC remains an extremely well positioned and profitable organization with the mobility and capital to continue our aggressive expansion plan, despite Golfsmith closing a few locations where we are present,” said Joe Assell, Co-Founder and CEO of GolfTEC. “In our preparation for this announcement, we activated a strategy to both ensure our students and Coaches were fully taken care of in these markets, while also using this as an opportunity to accelerate our already strong growth.”
Beginning in late 2016, all new GolfTEC facilities will feature the center designs and technology outlined above, including new international locations. Current centers will be retrofitted with the new technology and design over an extended schedule.
GolfTEC recently released information on the company’s record-setting growth over the past fiscal year, which included more than 900,000 lessons given from September 1, 2015 to August 31, 2016. In addition, global sales rose nearly 12 percent year-over-year, while total lessons are up 12 percent and in-center merchandise sales climbed 13 percent.
The company has experienced unrivaled success in the golf industry in recent years, including a 98% percent increase in revenue since 2010. The largest driver of new business comes by way of referrals from current customers, as leading-edge golf instruction and club-fitting programs have led to a 96 percent success rate among GolfTEC students.
Each GolfTEC student undergoes a Swing Evaluation to assess their skill, followed by a certified personal coach recommending a specific game plan, which includes fundamental elements like course strategy and a TECfit® club fitting session. While the majority of lessons are taught indoors in private bays, coaches also accompany players for on-course/outdoor lessons to ensure they are comfortable in real world situations.
The renowned, global GolfTEC coaching team is comprised of experienced professionals, most of whom are PGA professionals and have taught thousands of lessons. Each goes through a rigorous multi-week certification at GolfTEC University including continued advanced training to master the analysis of golf swing mechanics, the technology utilized by GolfTEC and the most productive teaching techniques. Committed to strengthening the industry and hiring only the best staff, GolfTEC is the largest employer of PGA Professionals in the world.
To learn more about GolfTEC, please visit www.golftec.com or call 877-446-5383.
The world leader in golf lessons and top employer of PGA Professionals has a 96 percent success rate among its students. Since 1995, GolfTEC Certified Personal Coaches, the vast majority of which are PGA Professionals, have given more than 6 million lessons. The company operates 200 centers worldwide (more than 80 within Golfsmith® stores) and has a presence in almost all major U.S. cities, Canada, Japan and Korea. All lessons are based on the company’s “Five Factors:” Fact-Based Diagnosis, Sequential Lessons, Video-Based Practice, Advanced Retention Tools, and TECfit® club fitting. To date, more than 600 GolfTEC Coaches work across a global network of Improvement Centers, consisting of both Corporate-owned and Franchise-owned locations and employees.
440 total views, 3 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (6 views)
- Ziebart Announces New Product To Its Protection And Appearance Line-Up, Ceramic Z-Gloss® Paint Coating, Longest Lasting Paint Coating On The Market (3 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler – Rise 2017 Planned Breakout Sessions (3 views)
- Signal 88 Security Officer of the Month, Teo Romero, April (3 views)
- New Cherry Blow Dry Bar Coming to Marlton, NJ (2 views)
- Wetzel’s Pretzels Continues Nontraditional Unit Expansion with Successful Phoenix-Area Walmart Opening (2 views)
- Meet our Sport Clips Team Leader in New Jersey: Ashley Gray (2 views)
- Camp Run-A-Mutt Ranks #2057 on the 2017 Inc. 5000 (2 views)
- Veterans Find Second Career as VaporFi Franchise Owners (2 views)
- FOCUS Brands Celebrates the Opening of 600 International Stores for both Auntie Anne’s ® and Cinnabon ® Brands (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler About The Signal 88 Culture and Our Core Values (2 views)
- Franchise growth, stylist opportunities, philanthropies and awards “Excite” at Sport Clips Haircuts National Huddle (2 views)
- Home Care Assistance of Pembroke Pines Receives 2017 Best of Home Care® Provider and Employer of Choice Awards (2 views)
- Amazing Lash Studio Announces Milestone Opening (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS Reports Unprecedented Growth With Record Signing Of 63 New Franchise Agreements In 2016 (2 views)