ST. LOUIS (FranchisePOD.com) June 01, 2016 – Isabelle Reyes of St. Louis, Missouri has been officially crowned the best Hardee’s® biscuit maker in the nation. Famous for their Made From Scratch™ Biscuits, the restaurant chain recently held its National Biscuit Baking Championship on April 14th at its corporate headquarters in St. Louis, featuring over 600 biscuit makers from across 16 different states.
The competitors were given 15 minutes to prepare and bake three trays of biscuits, which were evaluated on factors such as weight, diameter, height and appearance; the biscuit maker with the highest overall score was declared the winner. Reyes, who works at the Lund Brown-franchised Hardee’s on Lackland Road in St. Louis, was awarded both a trophy and cash prize of $1,000 for winning the competition.
“All of us at Hardee’s want to not only congratulate Isabelle on her tremendous accomplishment, but also thank her for helping to continue the Hardee’s legacy of having the best biscuits around,” said Eric Williams, chief operating officer for Carl’s Jr.® and Hardee’s restaurants. “Every morning, dedicated biscuit makers like Isabelle come in bright and early to bake our iconic Made From Scratch Biscuits by hand — that’s why they’re the best in the business, and the most delicious, hands down. If Isabelle makes the best biscuits at Hardee’s, we’re confident that she makes the best biscuits in the nation, to boot. Congratulations, Isabelle, and thank you for all of your hard work!”
“Made From Scratch Biscuits have always been a game changer for us and that’s why this competition is such a huge event,” said Tom Trotter, operating partner for Lund Brown Enterprises. “These biscuit makers have literally spent months training and in competition to reach this point. Only the best of the best make it to this prestigious level. Congratulations to all the finalists and especially Isabelle for taking the crown.”
In addition to being available as stand-alone menu items, Hardee’s Made From Scratch Biscuits are also used in popular breakfast offerings such as the Smoked Sausage, Egg & Cheese Biscuit; the Bacon, Egg & Cheese Biscuit; and the Southern classic, Biscuit ‘N’ Gravy™, each available at participating restaurants nationwide.
Follow Hardee’s on Facebook (www.facebook.com/hardees), Twitter (@Hardees) and Instagram (@Hardees) for the latest product news and promotional offers. Download the Super Star® Rewards app from the iTunes Storeand Google Play and check in to redeem Hardee’s products on the spot, save points for a high-value reward, check out the full menu, and use the store locator to find any Hardee’s in the U.S.
About CKE Restaurants Holdings, Inc.
CKE Restaurants Holdings, Inc. (“CKE”) is a privately held company headquartered in Carpinteria, Calif. CKE is not a franchisor and conducts substantially all of its restaurant activities and operations through its subsidiaries. Carl’s Jr. Restaurants LLC and Hardee’s Restaurants LLC own, operate and franchise the Carl’s Jr., Hardee’s, Green Burrito® and Red Burrito® concepts. Carl’s Jr. and Hardee’s operate as one brand under two names, acknowledging the rich regional heritage of both banners. After opening their first restaurants in New York and New Jersey last spring and recent international openings in Japan, Australia, Canada, Colombia and Guatemala, Carl’s Jr. Restaurants LLC and Hardee’s Restaurants LLC now have a total of 3,679 franchised or company-operated restaurants in 44 states and 38 foreign countries and U.S. territories. Known for its one-of-a-kind premium menu items such as 100 percent Black Angus Thickburgers®, Made from Scratch™Biscuits, Hand-Breaded Chicken Tenders™and Fresh Baked Buns, as well as an award-winning marketing approach, the Carl’s Jr./Hardee’s brand continues to deliver substantial and consistent growth in the U.S. and overseas. The Carl’s Jr./Hardee’s system is now 93 percent franchised, with international restaurants representing 19 percent of the system. For more information about CKE, please visit www.ckr.com or its brand sites at www.carlsjr.com and www.hardees.com.
SOURCE CKE Restaurants Holdings, Inc.
On behalf of CKE Restaurants Holdings, Inc.
Coast Public Relations
395 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise: Why Signal 88? (5 views)
- Wetzel’s Pretzels Continues Nontraditional Unit Expansion with Successful Phoenix-Area Walmart Opening (4 views)
- FASTSIGNS INTERNATIONAL, INC. CEO CATHERINE MONSON TO SHARE SUCCESS STRATEGIES AT DALLAS C-SUITE NETWORK CONFERENCE (3 views)
- Jazen Tea Celebrates 5 Years With Free Drinks for a Year (3 views)
- Ziebart Announces New Product To Its Protection And Appearance Line-Up, Ceramic Z-Gloss® Paint Coating, Longest Lasting Paint Coating On The Market (3 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler On the Value of the Franchise Group (3 views)
- Scooter’s Coffee to Double Presence in Cedar Rapids (2 views)
- Security 101: Signal 88 Memorial Day Safety Tips (2 views)
- AtWork Group Ranked as One of the Largest Staffing Firms in the US (2 views)
- A Flavorful Fall Is Coming to Dunkin’ Donuts this Month (2 views)
- Shane Beard San Diego FASTSIGNS Franchisee Celebrates Over 20 years of Success (2 views)
- Any Lab Test Now Honored For First Time On Prestigious Inc. 5000 List (2 views)
- Buffalo Wild Wings-Owned R Taco Adds Five Locations (2 views)
- Topgolf Aiming for Richmond as 4th Virginia Location (2 views)