- Sub Headline: Fall Fundraiser at Hardee's Locations Raises More Than $97,600
- City: Richmond
- State: Virginia
- Listed: November 21, 2015 3:20 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
RICHMOND, VA – (FranchisePOD.com) – Nov 19, 2015 – Customers at Hardee’s® restaurants operated by Boddie-Noell Enterprises across Virginia gave a record-setting $97,644 to Special Olympics Virginia for athletes to attend the organization’s upcoming summer games. The proceeds came from customers who paid $1 for a Star and received a coupon sheet good for specific Hardee’s menu items during the recent four-week campaign. It is by far the largest-ever amount raised by
Hardee’s locations in the 35-year partnership between franchise operator Boddie-Noell and Special Olympics Virginia.
The Hardee’s Star fundraising campaign helps more than 550 Special Olympics athletes participate in the 2016 edition of this annual community event. Raising the most in this year’s campaign were customers at the Hardee’s at Celebration Station in Virginia Beach. In second place was the Hardee’s in Gloucester followed by the Hardee’s location in Stuart. All 176 Hardee’s locations in Virginia operated by Boddie-Noell participated in this year’s campaign by selling the Stars.
“We’re very proud of our Hardee’s locations that did so well this year and especially for our generous customers who stepped up to support these wonderful athletes by purchasing the Star and receiving the coupons,” said Terry Lewis, president of Boddie-Noell’s Hardee’s Restaurant Operations and a board member of Special Olympics Virginia.
“As a result of this Herculean effort, Special Olympics athletes from all over the Commonwealth will attend the Summer Games,” said Rick Jeffrey, president of Special Olympics Virginia. “They will also experience all of the respect, inclusion and unity the Games have to offer as well as much-needed access to free healthcare in the areas of dentistry, optometry, audiology and fitness. Boddie-Noell and Hardee’s support of Special Olympics Virginia is unmatched!”
Boddie-Noell Enterprises, the largest Hardee’s franchise operator in the United States, has been partners with the Special Olympics Virginia for 35 years, has now contributed in excess of $1.5 million to the organization over that time. Boddie-Noell owns and operates all Hardee’s franchise restaurants across Virginia.
In addition to the 2015 Fall fundraiser, in 2016 Boddie-Noell will sponsor the Polar Plunge Fest in Virginia Beach on Feb. 5 & 6, and in Dumfries, Richmond and the New River Valley on Feb. 27. The company will again sponsor the Summer Games in mid-June.
The mission of Special Olympics is to provide year-round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for children and adults with and without intellectual disabilities. Participation provides them with continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy and participate in a sharing of gifts, skills and friendship with their families, other Special Olympics athletes and the community.
To learn more about the Special Olympics Virginia visit www.specialolympicsva.org.
About Boddie-Noell Enterprises
Family owned Boddie-Noell Enterprises (BNE) has been a Hardee’s franchise operator continuously for more than 50 years. Today BNE is the largest Hardee’s franchisee in the United States with 338 restaurants across four states (Virginia, North Carolina, Kentucky and South Carolina). The company employs more than 10,000 people and is headquartered in Rocky Mount, N.C. For more information about the company, visit www.bneinc.com.
About Special Olympics
Special Olympics Virginia is an accredited state program of Special Olympics Incorporated. There are about 140,000 people in Virginia with intellectual disabilities and about 8 million without. Our goal is to reach out to every one of them. In the coming years, our strategy places greater emphasis on uniting youth with and without disabilities. We will also create opportunities for families, teachers, businesses, law enforcement, celebrities, dignitaries and others to band together to change attitudes and support our athletes. Our vision is to inspire the First Unified Generation. Engage with us on Twitter @solympicsva; fb.com/specialolympicsvirginia; and youtube.com/specialolympicsva.
SOURCE Boddie-Noell Enterprises
Special Olympics Virginia
Senior Director, Public Relations
115 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (7 views)
- Sport Clips Franchise Opportunities (6 views)
- Brightway Insurance Celebrates Ninth Anniversary (81 views)
- Always Best Care Announces New Owner Of Burlington Territory (67 views)
- New Cherry Blow Dry Bar Coming to Marlton, NJ (60 views)
- Tin Drum Asian Kitchen Taps Hot Foodie Trend with New Poke Menu Offerings (58 views)
- A Flavorful Fall Is Coming to Dunkin’ Donuts this Month (57 views)
- Anytime Fitness Flexes Development Plans for Alabama (57 views)
- Pizza Factory Scores Big with San Jose Sharks Partnership (55 views)
- Cousins Subs® Makes It Better In Communities Across Wisconsin (52 views)
- New Wag N’ Wash in Redmond Part of 15-Store Expansion Plan (49 views)
- GYMGUYZ Launches International Expansion with First Canadian Franchise Agreements (45 views)
- Dallas Cowboys and 7-Eleven Partner on Limited-Edition Collectible Cup (43 views)
- Weight Watchers® And The American Cancer Society® Team Up To Showcase The Power Of Community Through Project L.I.F.T. (39 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Targets Veterans to Fulfill Overwhelming Demand (7 views)