- Sub Headline: Home Care Assistance’s six-part Mind Fit Series at Rhoda Goldman Plaza will focus on enhancing brain health through various lifestyle factors including cognitive activities used in the company’s proprietary Cognitive Therapeutics Method™
- Franchise URL: http://www.HomeCareAssistance.com
- Listed: May 26, 2016 1:23 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
May 26, 2016 (FranchisePOD.com) San Francisco, CA – Home Care Assistance San Francisco, a leading provider of in-home care for seniors, is excited to announce that it will be hosting a fun and informative six-part series in partnership with Rhoda Goldman Plaza. Led by Home Care Assistance’s brain fitness experts, Sasha Inobe and Al Oliveros, The Mind Fit Series: Activities to Boost Brain Health will cover proactive ways to enhance cognitive functioning, including activities used in the Cognitive Therapeutics Method™, a science-based cognitive stimulation program. The series will kick-off next Monday, June 6th with subsequent sessions every Monday from 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM through July 18th at Rhoda Goldman’s Activity Room. This event is open to all residents free of charge.
“I am really looking forward to launching the Mind Fit Series at Rhoda Goldman Plaza in San Francisco,” said Sasha Inobe, Project Manager at Home Care Assistance. “Feedback from series attendees in other parts of the country has been overwhelmingly positive with individuals reporting that they not only thoroughly enjoyed doing the activities but also felt the activities positively challenged their minds.”
Just like the body, the brain experiences changes in structure and function as a result of aging. While this is typical for everyone, there are positive lifestyle changes you can make to keep your mind sharper for longer. The Mind Fit Series, based on Home Care Assistance’s Cognitive Therapeutics Method, draws upon existing research on enhancing mental acuity throughout the lifespan and introduces activities in a fun and engaging group format.
Below are the different sessions that make up the six part series:
- June 6: Group Story Telling, Social reminiscence, Chair Stretches, Create a Healthy Snack
- June 13: Family Feud, 20 Questions, Advice Column
- June 20: Trivia, Name that Tune, Geographical Recall
- June 27: Scrambled Sentences, Word Bingo, Alphabet Soup
- July 11: Take Away, Letter Counting, Design Copy
- July 18: Magnify, Entangled Figures, Visual Puzzles, Find the Difference
With a mission to change the way the world ages, Home Care Assistance helps seniors live well at home through innovative offerings such as its proprietary Balanced Care Method™, which emphasizes scientifically-studied lifestyle behaviors of the longest-living people on Earth, and the Cognitive Therapeutics MethodTM, an activities-based program designed to boost mental acuity as well as delay the onset and progression of cognitive decline. Committed to community education on topics related to healthy longevity, the company has also authored an award-winning senior wellness book series, which is comprised of seven books, including The Brain Boost: A Practical Guide to Brain Health, Mind Over Gray Matter: A New Approach to Dementia Care and Hospital to Home Care: A Step by Step Guide to Providing Care to Patients Post Hospitalization, among others.
To learn more about Home Care Assistance, please visit www.HomeCareAssistance.com/San-Francisco or call at 415-268-1415. Home Care Assistance San Francisco is located at 1649 Divisadero Street in San Francisco, California.
About Home Care Assistance
Home Care Assistance is the leading provider of home care for seniors across the United States, Canada and Australia. Our mission is to change the way the world ages. We provide older adults with quality care that enables them to live happier, healthier lives at home. Our services are distinguished by the caliber of our caregivers, the responsiveness of our staff and our expertise in Live-In care. We embrace a positive, balanced approach to aging centered on the evolving needs of older adults. A 2016 Franchise500® and Inc. 5000 Company, Home Care Assistance has received numerous industry awards including Entrepreneur’s Fastest-Growing Franchises and Franchise Business Review’s Top 50. For more information about Home Care Assistance, our services and franchise opportunities, visithomecareassistance.com.
About Cognitive Therapeutics
Cognitive Therapeutics is the scientific division of Home Care Assistance. The Cognitive Therapeutics Method was developed based on scientific research pointing to non-pharmacological interventions as a way to slow cognitive decline and is the first program of its kind to promote increased daily functioning through cognitive rehabilitation in the familiar home environment. The goal of the Cognitive Therapeutics Method is to improve quality of life as well as to delay the onset of new symptoms and slow the progression of existing symptoms of cognitive decline. Home Care Assistance caregivers are trained to administer activities in the Cognitive Therapeutics Method to keep clients engaged and mentally sharp. For more information about the Cognitive Therapeutics Method, visit www.CognitiveTherapeutics.com.
SOURCE Home Care Assistance
Public Relations Manager
262 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (5 views)
- Tacos 4 Life Restaurant Brings on New Executives to Expand Business and Mission (6 views)
- SUPPLY POINTe Launches Nationwide Franchise Program (6 views)
- Meet our Sport Clips Team Leader in New Jersey: Ashley Gray (5 views)
- Woody’s Bar-B-Q® Heads North to Bring a Taste of the South to the Empire State (5 views)
- LOCAL FASTSIGNS FRANCHISEE PROVIDES SIGNS OF SUPPORT FOR BIG BROTHERS BIG SISTERS (5 views)
- E-2 Visa Holders Welcome As Nestlé® Toll House® Café by Chip® Franchisees (4 views)
- A Flavorful Fall Is Coming to Dunkin’ Donuts this Month (4 views)
- Creamistry Continues California Expansion (4 views)
- FASTSIGNS® of Rosenberg/Richmond, Texas Now Open (4 views)
- MyWay Mobile Storage Provides Portable Storage Containers to 2017 Festival of Nations (4 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Targets Veterans to Fulfill Overwhelming Demand (4 views)
- Signal 88 Security, a Premier Security Services Franchise, Announces Strategic Growth Plan to Add Locations Nationwide (4 views)
- Quaker Steak & Lube® New Entrees and Desserts Combine for a Full-Meal Dining Experience (4 views)
- Mosquito Squad Recognized As One Of America’s Fastest Growing Companies By Inc. Magazine For Seventh Consecutive Year (4 views)