Home Care Assistance Joins Maria Shriver And Equinox Sports Clubs As Exclusive Caregiving Partner For “Move For Minds”
- Sub Headline: Experience To Research Women’s Brains Named one of the fastest growing women-owned companies, Home Care Assistance will join first-of-its-kind experience to support cutting edge research on women and Alzheimer’s.
- Franchise URL: http://www.HomeCareAssistance.com
- Listed: April 22, 2016 8:12 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
April 22, 2016 // FranchisePOD.com // Palo Alto, CA – Today, Maria Shriver’s A Woman’s Nation partnered with Home Care Assistance, the leading provider of in-home care for seniors across the United States, Canada and Australia, as the exclusive caregiving partner for the MOVE FOR MINDS™ experience on Saturday, May 21. This groundbreaking event takes place at Equinox Sports Clubs in New York, Los Angeles, Orange County, San Francisco, Boston and Washington, D.C. Participants will engage their brains and bodies in physical fitness challenges including Equinox’s “The Cut” boxing class, yoga and guided meditation, then explore a first-of-its-kind marketplace where they will meet and hear from the superstars of brain research, fitness, food, nutrition, stress/sleep and caregiving. MOVE FOR MINDS is an unprecedented gathering of empowered women, men and leading experts who believe funding women’s brain research will help us solve the Alzheimer’s epidemic and answer the question: Why are so many people getting Alzheimer’s and why are the majority of them women?
Representatives from Home Care Assistance will be present at all locations offering expert advice and support for those affected by Alzheimer’s. The organization was named one of the 50 fastest growing women-owned companies worldwide by the Women Presidents’ Organization (WPO), in partnership with American Express.
“I am honored that Home Care Assistance has been selected to partner with Maria Shriver’s MOVE FOR MINDS™ initiative,” said Home Care Assistance CEO Lily Sarafan. “Maria’s tireless advocacy has shined a light on how Alzheimer’s disproportionately impacts women’s brains health and women as caregivers. Home Care Assistance is proud to partner with both Maria and with Equinox Sports Club.”
Home Care Assistance’s services are distinguished by the caliber of their caregivers, the responsiveness of their staff and their expertise in daily care. The company employs more than 6,000 team members across 150 global markets and is consistently recognized as an employer of choice and best-in-class consumer product.
Participants at Equinox Sports Clubs in Boston, New York, Washington, D.C., San Francisco, Los Angeles and Orange County will use their brains and bodies to engage in physical fitness challenges including Equinox’s The Cut boxing class, yoga, guided meditation then explore an intimate marketplace featuring the superstars of brain research, fitness, food, nutrition, stress/sleep and caregiving.
Learn more about MOVE FOR MINDS™ at: https://www.crowdrise.com/moveforminds
About Home Care Assistance
Home Care Assistance is the leading provider of home care for seniors across the United States, Canada and Australia. Our mission is to change the way the world ages. We provide older adults with quality care that enables them to live happier, healthier lives at home. Our services are distinguished by the caliber of our caregivers, the responsiveness of our staff and our expertise in daily care. We embrace a positive, balanced approach to aging centered on the evolving needs of older adults. A 2016 Franchise500®, Inc. 5000 Company and one of the 50 fastest growing women-owned companies worldwide in 2016, Home Care Assistance has received numerous industry awards including Entrepreneur’s Fastest-Growing Franchises and Franchise Business Review’s Top 50. The company was recognized as a 2016 Endorsed National Provider by the home care industry’s leading research firm, Home Care Pulse. Home Care Assistance CEO Lily Sarafan was also named Health Care Executives’ 2016 Woman of the Year. For more information about Home Care Assistance, our services and franchise opportunities, visit http://www.homecareassistance.com.
About Maria Shriver
Maria Shriver is a mother of four, a Peabody and Emmy Award-winning journalist and producer, a six-time New York Times best-selling author and an NBC News Special Anchor covering the shifting roles, emerging power and evolving needs of women in modern life. She is the founder of A Woman’s Nation, which has produced a series of award-winning Shriver Reports that chronicle and explore seismic shifts in American culture and society affecting women today including The Shriver Report: A Woman’s Nation Takes on Alzheimer’s. Shriver has been a leading Alzheimer’s advocate for over a decade, testified in front of Congress, Executive Produced the HBO Alzheimer’s Project and the Emmy-nominated Paycheck to Paycheck and authored the bestselling children’s book What’s Happening to Grandpa?. She is an Executive Producer of The Mask You Live In, and also an Executive Producer of the Academy Award-winning film Still Alice, which tells the tale of a woman affected by early onset Alzheimer’s disease.
About The Women’s Alzheimer’s Challenge
The Women’s Alzheimer’s Challenge recognizes that women are at the epicenter of the global Alzheimer’s epidemic, as brought to light in The Shriver Report: A Woman’s Nation Takes on Alzheimer’s, and challenges the scientific community to do cutting edge research on women’s brains to defeat this mind-blowing disease. The initiative fosters partnerships with leading researchers and major non profit organizations to create landmark Alzheimer’s research funds to finance gender based research on women’s brains. The initiative also challenges women and men to harness their power to get Educated, get Engaged, and get Empowered to ensure a day without Alzheimer’s. The Women’s Alzheimer’s Challenge is an initiative of A Woman’s Nation, a 501c3 nonprofit organization that focuses on the needs and well-being of women and their families living paycheck to paycheck. For more information on The Women’s Alzheimer’s Challenge visit http://thewomensalzheimerschallenge.org/ and A Woman’s Nations visit http://awomansnation.org.
SOURCE Home Care Assistance
244 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Watch how FASTSIGNS helped this printer with our Co-Brand program grow their business by more than 40% (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise: Why Signal 88? (4 views)
- Signal 88 Security, a Premier Security Services Franchise, Announces Strategic Growth Plan to Add Locations Nationwide (3 views)
- Go Burrito Announces Plans to Launch Franchise Opportunities (3 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Targets Veterans to Fulfill Overwhelming Demand (2 views)
- LOCAL FASTSIGNS FRANCHISEE PROVIDES SIGNS OF SUPPORT FOR BIG BROTHERS BIG SISTERS (2 views)
- Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers Celebrates 15 Years of Success (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler On the Value of the Franchise Group (2 views)
- NEW FASTSIGNS® CENTER OPENS IN FARMINGTON, NEW MEXICO (2 views)
- Speedpro Imaging’s August 2017 Franchisee In Focus: Shira Kollins, Chicago, Illinois (2 views)
- Smashburger’s New Triple Double Cheeseburger Irks California’s Giant In-N-Out Burger (2 views)
- Club Pilates Named America’s Fourth Fastest-Growing Company by Inc. Magazine (2 views)
- Shane Beard San Diego FASTSIGNS Franchisee Celebrates Over 20 years of Success (1 views)
- E-2 Visa Holders Welcome As Nestlé® Toll House® Café by Chip® Franchisees (1 views)