Home Care Assistance Palm Desert and Atria Palm Desert to Conduct Educational Series on Boosting Brain Health
- Sub Headline: Home Care Assistance’s six-part Mind Fit Series at Atria Palm Desert will focus on enhancing brain health through various lifestyle factors including cognitive activities used in the company’s proprietary Cognitive Therapeutics Method™
- Franchise URL: http://www.HomeCareAssistance.com
- Listed: April 11, 2016 10:39 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
April 11, 2016 // FranchisePOD.com // Palm Desert, CA – Home Care Assistance Palm Desert, a leading provider of in-home care for seniors, is excited to announce that it will be hosting a fun and informative six-part series in partnership with Atria Palm Desert. Led by Home Care Assistance’s Cognitive Therapeutics Interventionist, Joyce White, The Mind Fit Series: Activities to Boost Brain Health will cover proactive ways to enhance cognitive functioning, including activities used in the Cognitive Therapeutics Method™, a science-based cognitive stimulation program. The series will kick-off on Wednesday, April 20th with subsequent sessions every Wednesday from 3:30 pm to 5:00 pm through Wednesday, May 25th. This event is open to all residents free of charge. Families and caregivers are welcome to attend.
“We are really looking forward to conducting the Mind Fit Series at Atria Palm Desert” said Nikhil Mehta, Chief Executive Officer at Home Care Assistance Palm Desert. “We have recently launched this program in the desert community and the response from attendees has been overwhelmingly positive with individuals reporting that they not only thoroughly enjoyed doing the activities but also felt the activities positively challenged their minds.”
Just like the body, the brain experiences changes in structure and function as a result of aging. While this is typical for everyone, there are positive lifestyle changes you can make to keep your mind sharper for longer. The Mind Fit Series, based on Home Care Assistance’s Cognitive Therapeutics Method™, draws upon existing research on enhancing mental acuity throughout the lifespan and introduces activities in a fun and engaging group format.
“Cognitive activities for the elderly help to keep their minds sharp and alert while reducing the risk or delaying the onset of age-related dementia. We at Atria Palm Desert have every desire to help the seniors live a longer, more independent lifestyle for as long as possible,” said Vicki Mariger, Executive Director at Atria Palm Desert.
Below are the different sessions that make up the six part series:
- April 20: Social reminiscence, Current Events, Chair Stretches, Create a Healthy Snack
- April 27: Family Feud, Pictionary, Advice Column
- May 4: Trivia, Name that Tune, Logo Identification, Geographical Recall
- May 11: Writing, Scrambled Sentences, Word Bingo, Alphabet Soup
- May 18: Take Away, Letter Counting, Design Recreation
- May 25: Magnify, Entangled Figures, Visual Puzzles
With a mission to change the way the world ages, Home Care Assistance helps seniors live well at home through innovative offerings such as its proprietary Balanced Care Method™, which emphasizes scientifically-studied lifestyle behaviors of the longest-living people on Earth, and the Cognitive Therapeutics MethodTM, an activities-based program designed to boost mental acuity as well as delay the onset and progression of cognitive decline. Committed to community education on topics related to healthy longevity, the company has also authored an award-winning senior wellness book series, which is comprised of seven books, including The Brain Boost: A Practical Guide to Brain Health, Mind Over Gray Matter: A New Approach to Dementia Care and Hospital to Home Care: A Step by Step Guide to Providing Care to Patients Post Hospitalization, among others.
To learn more about Home Care Assistance and how they are changing the way the world ages, please visit HomeCareAssistancePalmDesert.com or call 760-345-0001. Home Care Assistance Palm Desert is located at 39620 Washington Street, Suite D, Palm Desert, CA 92211.
About Home Care Assistance
Home Care Assistance is the leading provider of home care for seniors across the United States, Canada and Australia. Our mission is to change the way the world ages. We provide older adults with quality care that enables them to live happier, healthier lives at home. Our services are distinguished by the caliber of our caregivers, the responsiveness of our staff and our expertise in Live-In care. We embrace a positive, balanced approach to aging centered on the evolving needs of older adults. A 2015 Franchise500® and Inc. 5000 Company, Home Care Assistance has received numerous industry awards including Entrepreneur’s Fastest-Growing Franchises and Franchise Business Review’s Top 50. For more information about Home Care Assistance, our services and franchise opportunities, visit homecareassistance.com.
About Atria PalmDesert
We believe in the extraordinary potential of older adults. That’s why we create vibrant communities where they can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them keep making a positive difference in our world.
SOURCE Home Care Assistance
Director of Franchise Marketing
203 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Meet The Signal 88 Security Franchise Leadership Team (3 views)
- How This U.S. Veteran Thrived as a Signal 88 Franchisee (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Targets Veterans to Fulfill Overwhelming Demand (4 views)
- School Of Rock Names Anthony Padulo Chief Development Officer (4 views)
- Woody’s Bar-B-Q® Heads North to Bring a Taste of the South to the Empire State (3 views)
- New PickUp USA Fitness Franchise Opening in Las Vegas (3 views)
- FASTSIGNS® Seeks Franchisees At ISA Sign Expo April 19-22 (3 views)
- Fajita Pete’s Continues Franchising Development Throughout Texas (2 views)
- New Cherry Blow Dry Bar Coming to Marlton, NJ (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security – Reed Nyffeler – Signal 88’s Vision (2 views)
- Orlando Business Journal: Signal 88 Security to Expand in Florida (2 views)
- Moran Family of Brands Announces Franchisees of the Year (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS OF KIRKLAND ACQUIRES STANFORD SIGNS (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS SIGNS OF SUCCESS: DOWNTOWN COUPLE EXPERIENCES BUSINESS GROWTH AND EXPANSION (2 views)