HomeVestors and Local Market Monitor Announce Best Markets Top Ten List for Real Estate Investing for First Quarter of 2016
- Sub Headline: Two cities in Florida and Texas make list.
- Franchise URL: http://www.HomeVestors.com
- Listed: April 12, 2016 1:29 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
DALLAS – April 12, 2016 – (FranchisePOD.com) – HomeVestors, the We Buy Ugly Houses® people, and Local Market Monitor, the experts in local markets, published the Best Markets Top Ten List for Real Estate Investing in the first quarter of 2016. The data is ranked based on cities with increased job opportunities in the past year. The overall national average increase was 1.9 percent.
Dallas-Plano-Irving, Texas topped the list, with San Antonio, Texas coming in second. Although Grand Rapids-Wyoming, Michigan fell to third, their numbers remain strong. Orlando, Florida follows in fourth and Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Marietta, Georgia rounds out the top five.
“Good job growth is driving prices higher in our markets, mainly in business services but also tourism (Orlando, San Antonio), finance (Charlotte, Dallas) and manufacturing (Grand Rapids),” said Ingo Winzer, president and founder of Local Market Monitor.
While the prices of homes have now recovered from the recession in Texas, Florida and California, the report predicts some markets in these states will be over-priced in another year – with the risk of a boom and bust down the road.
“Over the last year, we have seen an increase in population and job growth,” said David Hicks, HomeVestors® co-president. “However, housing prices are increasing significantly faster than incomes. As a result, home sales are slowing, limiting the housing demand. Therefore, investors need to be careful where and when they invest.” Winzer concurs saying, “Prices are still at or below the income price – and a couple of years away from being too high. Yesterday’s opportunity becomes today’s risk once prices move higher than they should. This is especially true for investors in rental properties and especially now that the deep discounts at which properties could be bought have largely disappeared.”
“Investors always need to think hard, but in this environment they also can’t afford to think too long,” said Ken Channell, co-president of HomeVestors.
The remainder of the list includes Charlotte-Gastonia-Concord, North Carolina sixth; Salt Lake City, Utah seventh; Nashville-Davidson-Murfreesboro, Tennessee eighth; Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater, Florida ninth; and Phoenix-Mesa-Scottsdale, Arizona tenth.
The first-quarter 2016 Best Markets Top 10 List for Real Estate Investing includes:
San Antonio, Texas
Grand Rapids-Wyoming, Michigan
Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Marietta, Georgia
Charlotte-Gastonia-Concord, North Carolina
Salt Lake City, Utah
Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater, Florida
About the Quarterly Data
The data identifies markets that will be good rental markets and where home prices are likely to rise at an increased rate over the next few years. Criteria include markets where:
the population has been growing at above-average rates (four percent or better) with growth coming from people moving there in search of jobs;
the current rate of job growth of two percent or better; and
there is low unemployment, so that new jobs will be filled by people who move there, not by unemployed people who are already there.
Markets are excluded that:
Have a small population because they do not have stable economies.
About HomeVestors of America, Inc.
Dallas-based HomeVestors of America, Inc. is the largest professional house buying franchise in the U.S., with more than 65,000 houses bought since 1996. HomeVestors® recruits, trains and supports its independently owned and operated franchisees that specialize in building businesses based on buying, rehabbing, selling and holding residential properties. Most commonly known as the “We Buy Ugly Houses®” company, HomeVestors strives to make a positive impact in each community. In 2015, for the tenth consecutive year, HomeVestors was among the prestigious Franchise Business Review’s “Top 50 Franchises,” a distinction awarded to franchisors with the highest level of franchisee satisfaction. In 2015, HomeVestors was recognized as the 19th fastest growing franchise by Entrepreneur Magazine and number 127 in the Franchise 500 by Entrepreneur Magazine. For more information, visit www.HomeVestors.com.
About Local Market Monitor
Local Market Monitor, the experts in local markets, offers investors in homes and home mortgages the local market risk intelligence they need to make informed decisions. Using a proprietary formula called the Equilibrium Home Price, Local Market Monitor determines if markets are currently over or under valued, equipping users with a long-term risk and investment perspective. Covering over 300 local markets, Local Market Monitor also presents key investors with a 12, 24 and 36-month home price forecast. The solution includes sorting capabilities allowing subscribers to view and compare real estate markets along various metrics, including an Investment Suitability Ratings to identify opportunities based on individual investing goals. To learn more, visit www.localmarketmonitor.com or call 800-881-8653.
SOURCE HomeVestors of America, Inc.
For HomeVestors of America, Inc.
271 total views, 2 today
Popular Ads Today
- Watch how FASTSIGNS helped this printer with our Co-Brand program grow their business by more than 40% (2 views)
- Creamistry Continues California Expansion (2 views)
- Ziebart Announces New Product To Its Protection And Appearance Line-Up, Ceramic Z-Gloss® Paint Coating, Longest Lasting Paint Coating On The Market (2 views)
- Topgolf Aiming for Richmond as 4th Virginia Location (2 views)
- Jazen Tea Celebrates 5 Years With Free Drinks for a Year (2 views)
- Wetzel’s Pretzels Continues Nontraditional Unit Expansion with Successful Phoenix-Area Walmart Opening (2 views)
- After Floods Swept Through Louisiana, Sport Clips Team Members Band Together to Rebuild a Devastated Community (2 views)
- Floyd Mayweather Expands Business Empire, Announces Mayweather Boxing & Fitness (2 views)
- LOCAL FASTSIGNS FRANCHISE HOSTED A WEEK-LONG OPEN HOUSE (2 views)
- Le Macaron French Pastries Satisfies Sweet Tooth with New Beverage Offerings (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Real Heroes (1 views)
- GYMGUYZ Launches International Expansion with First Canadian Franchise Agreements (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise: Qualities of a Hero (1 views)
- School Of Rock Names Anthony Padulo Chief Development Officer (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise: Why Signal 88? (1 views)