- City: New Orleans
- State: Louisiana
- Franchise URL: http://www.hrblock.com
- Listed: March 7, 2016 7:01 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
NEW ORLEANS, LA – (FranchisePOD.com) – March 05, 2016 – H&R Block and Pelicans forward Anthony Davis surprised students today at New Orleans’ Holy Rosary High School with a personal appearance and computers for their school. Why did the three-time NBA All Star go back to school? To celebrate the students’ efforts in the H&R Block Budget Challenge, an online simulation that teaches real-world budgeting and personal finance decision-making.
Davis and tax professional Richard Gartland star in H&R Block’s national advertising campaign, and the two teamed up again for a school assembly where they discussed everything from personal finance to making it big as an NBA superstar with the Holy Rosary high schoolers.
“Giving back to the community is really important to me, and I know it’s important to H&R Block too,” said Anthony Davis. “The H&R Block Budget Challenge rewards teens for learning about personal finance — it’s an important topic and one I was glad to help out with.”
H&R Block Budget Challenge and Personal Finance Education
Currently, only seven states require high school student testing of personal finance concepts 1 and teens nationwide are graduating without basic financial skills. H&R Block is helping fill this curriculum gap through the H&R Block Budget Challenge, which replicates an adult’s financial life from the safety of a classroom. Students compete for more $3 million in college scholarships and classroom grants as part of the program.
To download images of the event, please visit: http://mm.gettyimages.com/mm/nicePath/gyipa_public?nav=pr363990264.
1 – Council for Economic Education’s 2016 Survey of the States; http://councilforeconed.org/wp/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/sos-16-final.pdf
About H&R Block Dollars & Sense
H&R Block, Inc. (NYSE: HRB) is the world’s largest consumer tax services provider. More than 650 million tax returns have been prepared worldwide by and through H&R Block since 1955. H&R Block Dollars & Sense helps increase financial literacy among teenagers through curriculum and resources, grants to supplement the cost of personal finance education and scholarships to help young Americans pay for higher education. Since 2009, H&R Block Dollars & Sense has donated more than $8.4 million in grants and scholarships. For more information, visit the H&R Block Newsroom, www.HRBDS.org or follow us on Twitter and Instagram, @TeenMoneyTips and our Facebook page, HRBDS.
SOURCE H&R Block
207 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Meet The Signal 88 Security Franchise Leadership Team (3 views)
- How This U.S. Veteran Thrived as a Signal 88 Franchisee (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Targets Veterans to Fulfill Overwhelming Demand (4 views)
- School Of Rock Names Anthony Padulo Chief Development Officer (4 views)
- Woody’s Bar-B-Q® Heads North to Bring a Taste of the South to the Empire State (3 views)
- New PickUp USA Fitness Franchise Opening in Las Vegas (3 views)
- FASTSIGNS® Seeks Franchisees At ISA Sign Expo April 19-22 (3 views)
- Fajita Pete’s Continues Franchising Development Throughout Texas (2 views)
- New Cherry Blow Dry Bar Coming to Marlton, NJ (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security – Reed Nyffeler – Signal 88’s Vision (2 views)
- Orlando Business Journal: Signal 88 Security to Expand in Florida (2 views)
- Moran Family of Brands Announces Franchisees of the Year (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS OF KIRKLAND ACQUIRES STANFORD SIGNS (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS SIGNS OF SUCCESS: DOWNTOWN COUPLE EXPERIENCES BUSINESS GROWTH AND EXPANSION (2 views)