- Franchise URL: http://www.HuntingtonHelps.com
- Listed: July 8, 2016 9:38 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Oradell, NJ (FranchisePOD.com) June 23, 2016 – Huntington Learning Center’s co-founder and CEO, Eileen Huntington, was recently selected as one of the top 40 business leaders in New Jersey by New Jersey SmartCEO’s Brava Awards program. The Brava Awards celebrate high-impact female business leaders in three categories: CEOs, Executive Directors of Nonprofits and C-suite Executives. Huntington was honored at the New Jersey Brava Awards ceremony on June 23, 2016, at the Grand Marquis, Old Bridge NJ, with 350 local executives and guests in attendance, including past Brava winners.
Eileen has been honored as a Top Woman in Franchising by Franchise Update magazine and a Franchising Woman to Watch in Entrepreneur magazine. Huntington Learning Center has also received numerous accolades, including being named to Entrepreneur magazine’s Franchise 500 list.
“I am incredibly honored to be named a Brava Award winner and to stand alongside 39 other women leaders in the great state of New Jersey who are visionary, hardworking and passionate,” said Huntington. “When my husband and I started this business almost 40 years ago, our goal was to make a difference in children’s lives. It gives me an indescribable feeling of joy and awe to see how many children we help each day and to have wonderful organizations like SmartCEO applaud our work. I’m grateful for and humbled by the recognition.”
Huntington Learning Center opened its first learning center in 1977 in Oradell, New Jersey. Previously, Mrs. Huntington was a high school teacher and Dr. Huntington was a business analyst for AT&T. Huntington had noticed at her own school the stark difference between students who lacked basic reading and study skills and their peers. The couple decided to open a learning center that offered individualized, supplemental instruction to students needing to close skill gaps and keep pace in the classroom. The Huntingtons began franchising the concept in 1985. Today, the family owned company has more than 300 centers nationwide.
The 2016 class of Brava Award winners generates more than $2.83 billion in annual revenue and employs 14,457 individuals. SmartCEO describes Brava Award winners as those who “combine their entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for giving back to the community, and are exemplary leaders of their companies and their communities.” Learn more about the Brava Awards at www.smartceo.com/brava. Read the full Brava Awards profile on Eileen Huntington at www.smartceo.com/2016-new-jersey-brava-eileen-huntington. To learn more about Huntington franchising, email email@example.com, call (800) 653-8400 or visit www.huntingtonfranchise.com.
About Huntington Learning Center
Huntington is the tutoring and test prep leader. Its certified tutors provide individualized instruction in reading, phonics, writing, study skills, elementary and middle school math, Algebra through Calculus, Chemistry, and other sciences. It preps for the SAT and ACT, as well as state and standardized exams. Huntington programs develop the skills, confidence, and motivation to help students succeed and meet the needs of Common Core State Standards. Founded in 1977, Huntington’s mission is to give every student the best education possible.
Learn how Huntington can help at: HuntingtonHelps.com
For franchise opportunities please visit: HuntingtonFranchise.com
SOURCE Huntington Learning Center
Director of Marketing and Advertising
Huntington Learning Center
339 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- Meet The Signal 88 Security Franchise Leadership Team (1 views)
- Signal 88 Locking Down Security Business (1 views)
- Veterans Find Second Career as VaporFi Franchise Owners (2 views)
- International Franchise Association to Host Annual Convention Jan. 29 – Feb. 1, 2017 (1 views)
- Sport Clips: Experience Growth with Our Salon Franchise Opportunity (1 views)
- LOCAL FASTSIGNS® FRANCHISEE OPENS SECOND LOCATION IN EL PASO (1 views)
- Oscar Navarro Self-Made Man and Sport Clips Team Leader (1 views)
- IFA NAMES GORDON LOGAN AS THE 2016 ENTREPRENEUR OF THE YEAR (1 views)
- ClimbZone Signs First Franchisee Agreement (1 views)
- Dat Dog Sets Sights on Charlotte (1 views)
- Ecolab Sells Swisher Restroom Cleaning Business to Enviro-Master (1 views)
- Any Lab Test Now Honored For First Time On Prestigious Inc. 5000 List (1 views)
- BumperDoc Franchises Featured in Fender Bender’s MSO Project (1 views)
- New Wag N’ Wash in Redmond Part of 15-Store Expansion Plan (1 views)