Hwy 55 Burgers, Shakes & Fries Expands Southern Footprint With Master Franchise Agreement in Louisiana
- Franchise URL: http://www.hwy55.com
- Listed: June 23, 2016 3:06 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
June 23, 2016 (FranchisePOD.com) Mount Olive, NC – Already a household name in its home state of North Carolina and a highly-decorated brand in the restaurant industry and franchising community, Hwy 55 Burgers, Shakes and Fries is planning to expand its All-American, retro-themed diner to Louisiana.
Hwy 55 today announced it has signed a master franchise agreement with current franchise owner Jason Hall to bring more than 50 locations to Louisiana in the next 10 years. Currently, Hwy 55 has locations in North Carolina, South Carolina, Alabama, Tennessee, Virginia, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Texas and Ohio. The brand is slated to open its first location in West Virginia later this summer.
Hall, who began his career at South Carolina-based Groucho’s Deli and owns three Groucho’s locations, opened his first Hwy 55 in Lancaster, South Carolina in 2013. With additional locations in Rock Hill, SC and Weddington, NC, Hall will be opening his fourth Hwy 55 location next month in Indian Land, SC.
“I grew up listening to the John Boy & Billy radio program with my dad and they always talked about their BBQ sauce, southern food and Hwy 55,” said Hall referring to The Big Show – The John Boy and Billy Radio Show – which is broadcasted weekdays across America with jokes, bits, and commentary, “so it was really my dad that inspired me to become a Hwy 55 owner. I’m proud and excited to continue the brand’s growth as the master franchisee in Louisiana.”
Hwy 55 boasts a fresh, All-American diner experience with fresh, never-frozen burgers, premium sliced cheesesteaks piled high on steamed hoagies, and frozen custard made in-house every day. With its open-grill design, the kitchen’s dedication and care when hand-crafting meals is front and center.
“Hwy 55 is not a franchise concept, it’s a true American success story,” said Hwy 55 president and founder Kenney Moore, who recently published a book, Behind the Drive, which details his own journey from growing up poor to now owner and founder of America’s next great burger joint. “Jason started with one Hwy 55 location three years ago and now is leading the brand by expanding into Louisiana. All of our master franchisors also operate their own locations so they have skin in the game. It’s core to the brand, a highly effective business model and vital to the continued success of Hwy 55.”
Celebrating its 25th year in business, Hwy 55 has sold the rights to more than 1,000 franchise locations around the world. Currently with 125 locations, Hwy 55 is one of the fastest growing restaurant brands in the US. In the past year, Hwy 55 has signed franchise agreements for Texas, West Virginia, Indiana, Kentucky and Indiana and western Virginia for a total of 390 locations. The brand plans to open 25 locations in 2016.
Hwy 55 has not only resonated well with the burger-loving public, the restaurant and franchising industries have taken notice as well. Hwy 55 won BurgerBusiness.com’s “Best Burger” in 2012 and in 2014, Franchise Business Review named Hwy 55 one of the best restaurant franchises in the country. The brand also was recently named a top 500 franchise in the United States by Entrepreneur magazine and a “Next 20” restaurant brand by Nation’s Restaurant News.
About Hwy 55
Hwy 55, a retro-themed diner that features fresh, never-frozen hand-pattied burgers, house-made frozen custard, and other classic favorites in a unique open-kitchen setting, was founded in Goldsboro, North Carolina in 1991. Hwy 55 reflects founder Kenney Moore’s commitment to authentic hospitality and fresh food. Widely known in the state for its fresh food and service that exceeds expectations, the chain won BurgerBusiness.com’s “Best Burger” in 2012. It also was recently named a top 500 franchise in the United States by Entrepreneur magazine and a “Next 20” restaurant brand by Nation’s Restaurant News. HWY 55 currently has 125 locations in 10 states, Denmark and the United Arab Emirates. Like HWY 55 on at https://www.facebook.com/Hwy55burgers or follow us at https://twitter.com/hwy55burgers. For more information, visit https://www.hwy55.com.
SOURCE Hwy 55
335 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (3 views)
- Sport Clips Franchise Opportunities (3 views)
- How This U.S. Veteran Thrived as a Signal 88 Franchisee (2 views)
- LunchBOX (A WAXING SALON) Franchise Opens this October in Burlington, Massachusetts (4 views)
- FASTSIGNS® CELEBRATES NEW LEVELS OF SUCCESS AND HONORS FRANCHISEES AT 2017 INTERNATIONAL CONVENTION (3 views)
- Roosters Men’s Grooming Center Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- New FASTSIGNS Sign Franchise Opens In Farmington, New Mexico (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS® Sponsors National Business Media Show In Fort Lauderdale, Florida February 16-18 (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS of Kirkland’s Shugarts acquires Stanford Signs in Redmond, WA (2 views)
- Ecolab Sells Swisher Restroom Cleaning Business to Enviro-Master (2 views)
- Popular Farm-To-Table Burger Concept Farmer Boys Now Open on Hollywood Blvd. (2 views)
- Training New Franchisees, Growing Its Future and Getting Ready to Celebrate 30 Years of Service Keeps NaturaLawn of America’s HQ Buzzing (2 views)
- V’s Barbershop Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS Cobrand and Conversion Franchisee Testimonials (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS Reports Unprecedented Growth With Record Signing Of 63 New Franchise Agreements In 2016 (2 views)