- Franchise URL: http://www.hwy55.com
- Listed: April 12, 2016 12:44 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
April 12, 2016 // FranchisePOD.com // Mount Olive, NC – As the saying goes, Everything is Bigger in Texas and Hwy 55 is about to prove it.
Already a household name in its home state of North Carolina and a highly-decorated brand in the restaurant industry and franchising community, Hwy 55 Burgers, Shakes and Fries is planning to expand its retro-themed diner in the Lone Star State.
Hwy 55 recently signed a master franchise agreement with two existing franchise owners to bring more than 300 locations to Texas in the next 10 years. Currently, Hwy 55 has two locations in the Dallas/Forth Worth area and recently signed a franchise agreement for a location in Houston.
Hwy 55 boasts a fresh, All-American diner experience with fresh, never-frozen burgers, premium sliced cheesesteaks piled high on steamed hoagies, and frozen custard made in-house every day. With its open-grill design, the kitchen’s dedication and care when hand-crafting meals is front and center.
Chris LaCoe and J.R. Cottle began flipping burgers at Hwy 55 while still in high school. Both grew into managerial roles and later were given the opportunity to become store owners while in only in their 20s. Now they share Hwy 55 master franchisee duties for South Carolina and Texas, and are responsible for developing 350 stores as part of the agreement.
“Hwy 55 is not a franchise concept, it’s a true American success story,” said Hwy 55 president and founder Kenney Moore, who recently published a book, Behind the Drive, which details his own journey from growing up poor to now owner and founder of America’s next great burger joint. “Chris and J.R. are one of nearly 50 current franchise owners who started as hourly-waged employees. It shows that hard work, dedication and commitment can lead to amazing success.”
Celebrating its 25th year in business, Hwy 55 has sold the rights to more than 1,000 franchise locations around the world. Currently with 125 locations, Hwy 55 is one of the fastest growing restaurant brands in the US. In the past year, Hwy 55 has signed franchise agreements for West Virginia, western Virginia, Kentucky, and Indiana for a total of 90 locations. The brand plans to open 25 locations in 2016.
Hwy 55 has not only resonated with the burger-loving public, the restaurant and franchising industries have taken notice as well. Hwy 55 won BurgerBusiness.com’s “Best Burger” in 2012 and in 2014, Franchise Business Review named Hwy 55 one of the best restaurant franchises in the country. The brand also was recently named a top 500 franchise in the United States by Entrepreneur magazine and a “Next 20” restaurant brand by Nation’s Restaurant News.;
About Hwy 55
Hwy 55, a retro-themed diner that features fresh, never-frozen hand-pattied burgers, house-made frozen custard, and other classic favorites in a unique open-kitchen setting, was founded in Goldsboro, North Carolina in 1991. Hwy 55 reflects founder Kenney Moore’s commitment to authentic hospitality and fresh food. Widely known in the state for its fresh food and service that exceeds expectations, the chain won BurgerBusiness.com’s “Best Burger” in 2012. It also was recently named a top 500 franchise in the United States by Entrepreneur magazine and a “Next 20” restaurant brand by Nation’s Restaurant News. HWY 55 currently has 125 locations in 10 states, Denmark and the United Arab Emirates. Like HWY 55 on at https://www.facebook.com/Hwy55burgers or follow us at https://twitter.com/hwy55burgers. For more information, visit https://www.hwy55.com.
SOURCE Hwy 55
150PR (formerly DFPR)
200 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise: Why Signal 88? (5 views)
- Wetzel’s Pretzels Continues Nontraditional Unit Expansion with Successful Phoenix-Area Walmart Opening (4 views)
- FASTSIGNS INTERNATIONAL, INC. CEO CATHERINE MONSON TO SHARE SUCCESS STRATEGIES AT DALLAS C-SUITE NETWORK CONFERENCE (3 views)
- Jazen Tea Celebrates 5 Years With Free Drinks for a Year (3 views)
- Ziebart Announces New Product To Its Protection And Appearance Line-Up, Ceramic Z-Gloss® Paint Coating, Longest Lasting Paint Coating On The Market (3 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler On the Value of the Franchise Group (3 views)
- Scooter’s Coffee to Double Presence in Cedar Rapids (2 views)
- Security 101: Signal 88 Memorial Day Safety Tips (2 views)
- Shane Beard San Diego FASTSIGNS Franchisee Celebrates Over 20 years of Success (2 views)
- Any Lab Test Now Honored For First Time On Prestigious Inc. 5000 List (2 views)
- AtWork Group Ranked as One of the Largest Staffing Firms in the US (2 views)
- Topgolf Aiming for Richmond as 4th Virginia Location (2 views)
- A Flavorful Fall Is Coming to Dunkin’ Donuts this Month (2 views)
- Buffalo Wild Wings-Owned R Taco Adds Five Locations (2 views)