- Sub Headline: Highly-Decorated Hwy 55 Burgers, Shakes & Fries Will Celebrate Tuscaloosa, AL Grand Opening with its Hwy 55 Challenge Burger Eating Contest
- Franchise URL: http://www.hwy55.com
- Listed: April 26, 2016 2:43 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Tuscaloosa, AL (FranchisePOD.com) April 26, 2016 – The City of Champions has a reason other than football to get excited as its new favorite burger joint, retro-themed diner Hwy 55 Burgers, Shakes & Fries, is turning back the clock with an old-school 50’s-style party, featuring its world famous burger eating contest.
On Saturday, April 30th, Hwy 55 is hosting its Grand Opening Celebration at 3615 McFarland Blvd. East Ste. 102 in Tuscaloosa from 11 am – 3 pm. The party will feature a live DJ from WJRD, a ribbon cutting ceremony with a donation presentation to Pink Topps, plus great giveaways throughout the day – Hwy 55 gift cards, hats, cups, and other goodies.
The highlight of the event will be the 55 Challenge, Hwy 55’s famous hamburger eating contest, which starts at 1:30. The 55 Challenge has been a crowd favorite on Hwy 55’s menu since the brand’s inception 25 years ago. The 55-ounce burger with seven patties and at least four trimmings on a bun comes with fries and a 24- ounce drink. If a guest can eat it all in 30 minutes, it’s free and Hwy 55 will put the guest’s name on their website for bragging rights. If the guest is unable to finish the meal in 30 minutes, it costs $29.99
“With all due respect to our beloved Tide, this is how we roll,” said Kenney Moore, president and founder of Hwy 55. “It’s always a party at Hwy 55 and we look forward to treating all Tuscaloosans a great time and the best burgers they’ve ever had.”
In addition to its Tuscaloosa location, Hwy 55 plans an additional 50 Alabama stores over the next 10 years. The highly-celebrated brand boasts a fresh, All-American diner experience with fresh, never-frozen burgers, premium sliced cheesesteaks piled high on steamed hoagies, and frozen custard made in-house every day. With its open-grill design, the kitchen’s dedication and care when hand-crafting meals is front and center.
In keeping with Hwy 55’s continued mission to give back to the communities it enters, the restaurant chain’s charitable organization, The Andy’s Foundation, and franchise owners donated 10% of their sales the first three days open to the local PinkTopps, which is a local nonprofit organization focusing on early detection breast cancer for women and men under 35.
About HWY 55
Hwy 55, a retro-themed diner that features fresh, never-frozen hand-pattied burgers, house-made frozen custard, and other classic favorites in a unique open-kitchen setting, was founded in Goldsboro, North Carolina in 1991. Hwy 55 reflects founder Kenney Moore’s commitment to authentic hospitality and fresh food. Widely known in the state for its fresh food and service that exceeds expectations, the chain won BurgerBusiness.com’s “Best Burger” in 2012. It also was recently named a top 500 franchise in the United States by Entrepreneur magazine and a “Next 20” restaurant brand by Nation’s Restaurant News. HWY 55 currently has 125 locations in 10 states, Denmark and the United Arab Emirates. Like HWY 55 on at https://www.facebook.com/Hwy55burgers or follow us at https://twitter.com/hwy55burgers. For more information, visit https://www.hwy55.com.
150PR for Hwy 55
196 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- FASTSIGNS Franchise Opportunities (3 views)
- Sport Clips Haircut Franchise Markets Available By State (2 views)
- Hurricane Harvey: How You Can Help (2 views)
- Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers Celebrates 15 Years of Success (6 views)
- Back Yard Burger Supports Dine Out for No Kid Hungry (4 views)
- BodyLogicMD Transforms Integrative Medicine for Physicians and Patients With Exponential Growth and Expansion (4 views)
- The Loop Pizza Grill Opens New Jacksonville Location (3 views)
- Juice It Up! Signs Three-Store Deal To Enter Florida (2 views)
- Altitude Trampoline Park Springing In To Skokie, IL In 2018 (2 views)
- 10th Annual Tilted Kilt Calendar: Kilt Calendar Girls Across the Country Celebrate Launch (2 views)
- Smashburger’s New Triple Double Cheeseburger Irks California’s Giant In-N-Out Burger (2 views)
- Topgolf Aiming for Richmond as 4th Virginia Location (2 views)
- Fajita Pete’s Continues Franchising Development Throughout Texas (1 views)
- Moran Family of Brands Announces Franchisees of the Year (1 views)
- Sport Clips Has Locations in All 50 States (1 views)