- FranchisePOD Showcase: http://franchisepod.com/ads/sport-clips-franchise-opportunities/
- Listed: January 12, 2017 9:15 am
- Expires: 83 days, 3 hours
IFA NAMES GORDON LOGAN AS THE 2016 ENTREPRENEUR OF THE YEAR
WASHINGTON (FranchisePOD.com) Dec. 5, 2016 – International Franchise Association has named Gordon Logan, founder and CEO of Sport Clips Haircuts, as the 2016 IFA Entrepreneur of the Year. Sport Clips, which is headquartered in Georgetown, Texas, is the largest franchise dedicated to men’s and boys’ hair care.
First presented in 1982, the Entrepreneur of the Year Award is given annually to a visionary who is willing to take risks and who possesses the management skills necessary to create a successful franchising business enterprise. Formal presentation of this award will occur Tuesday, January 31 during the Association’s 57th Annual Convention in Las Vegas, Nevada.
“Gordon’s work to consistently develop not only his entrepreneurial business efforts but also those of others, demonstrates his role as a model of leadership within the franchise industry,” said IFA Chairman Aziz Hashim, founder and managing partner at NRD Capital. “He has been an integral member of IFA’s growth and success and we applaud him on his well-deserved recognition.”
Before founding Sport Clips in 1993 and beginning to franchise the concept in 1995, Logan owned and operated salons throughout Texas as a franchisee of Command Performance. Logan realized early on that men and boys usually don’t relish getting a haircut, so he decided to place an emphasis on the experience. Logan assembled a top management team and orchestrated the Sport Clips concept, which includes innovative haircutting systems, operating procedures and marketing programs designed to capitalize on the men’s and boys’ haircut market. Logan was able to design a blueprint that would help Sport Clips experience rapid, yet controlled growth.
Under his leadership, Sport Clips has made improvements in human resources, financial status and growth. Today, the brand operates more than 1,500 locations, and the number will exceed 1,600 by 2017. Sport Clips is the only hair care concept operating in all 50 states, plus five provinces in Canada.
Logan’s life has always been a blended focus of both business and service. Having the experience as a business owner – dealing with the daily needs of a small operation – set him on a path to become a successful leader of a franchise system. Undeniably, however, the leadership qualities he developed over the years are a direct result of his time as an Aircraft Commander in the U.S. Air Force. Leadership skills and discipline are two redeeming attributes that translate exceptionally well from the military to the business world.
While the business has grown, giving back to our nation’s veterans has always been an integral part of Logan’s endeavors. Sport Clips has been recognized as a leading franchise for veterans by multiple media outlets and is a prominent sponsor of several veteran-focused organizations. The company has raised nearly $5 million for the VFW Foundation through its Help A Hero campaign, which started as a program providing free phone calls home for troops overseas and in hospitals, and now funds scholarships for service members. Through the VFW Foundation, the Help A Hero program has awarded more than 580 scholarships to veterans transitioning from the military to civilian careers in the past three years.
In 2015, IFA honored Sport Clips with a Franchising Gives Back Award for its work with the American Red Cross and in 2016 for its work with Ageless Aviation Dreams. Logan is an active member of the Georgetown Chamber of Commerce, and he and his wife Bettye have received its Philanthropy Award. They have also been recognized for their support of the Boys & Girls Club, and they are major contributors to R.O.C.K., which provides equine therapy for children and veterans.
In addition to philanthropy, Logan has been an influential member of several organizations in his community and nationwide. Last year, Logan was honored as an EY Entrepreneur of the Year (Central Texas) and he was named the Austin Business Journal Best CEO (Large Company). He was recently recognized by the chain salon association (ISBN) for his contributions to the hair care industry, receiving their Lifetime Achievement Award. He currently serves on the IFA Board; he is the immediate past Chairman of and continues to serve on the IFA VetFran Committee, helping veterans to be employed by franchisors or to become a franchisee.
About the International Franchise Association
Celebrating 56 years of excellence, education and advocacy, the International Franchise Association is the world’s oldest and largest organization representing franchising worldwide. IFA works through its government relations and public policy, media relations and educational programs to protect, enhance and promote franchising and the more than 733,000 franchise establishments that support nearly 7.6 million direct jobs, $674.3 billion of economic output for the U.S. economy and 2.5 percent of the Gross Domestic Product (GDP). IFA members include franchise companies in over 300 different business format categories, individual franchisees and companies that support the industry in marketing, law, technology and business development.
302 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Locking Down Security Business (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS® of Rosenberg/Richmond, Texas Now Open (2 views)
- Moran Family of Brands Announces Franchisees of the Year (2 views)
- Home Care Assistance of Pembroke Pines Receives 2017 Best of Home Care® Provider and Employer of Choice Awards (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS® RECOGNIZED FOR OUTSTANDING WEBSITE IN THE 2016 WEBAWARDS COMPETITION (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Real Heroes (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler – Rise 2017 Planned Breakout Sessions (1 views)
- Meet our Sport Clips Team Leader in New Jersey: Ashley Gray (1 views)
- For Signal 88 Security Franchise Owners, Providing Peace of Mind is Personal (1 views)
- Ace Signs of Texas Becomes FASTSIGNS of Killeen (1 views)
- FACES OF THE FASTSIGNS FAMILY – VETERAN’S DAY SPECIAL: LEVI NOGUESS OF FASTSIGNS OF KILLEEN (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security Columbia Daily Tribune: Private Security Industry Grows in Columbia as Population Rises (1 views)
- Tin Drum Asian Kitchen Taps Hot Foodie Trend with New Poke Menu Offerings (1 views)
- Speedpro Imaging’s August 2017 Franchisee In Focus: Shira Kollins, Chicago, Illinois (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security helps college students proactively prevent burglary while they’re away at school. (1 views)