- City: Houston
- State: Texas
- Franchise URL: http://www.IgniteRestaurants.com
- Listed: March 17, 2016 10:16 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
HOUSTON – March 15, 2016 – (FranchisePOD.com) – Ignite Restaurant Group (NASDAQ:IRG) today announced that F. Philip Handy has been appointed as an independent member of its Board of Directors, effective March 11, 2016. Mr. Handy will replace Tamara Polewik, who resigned from the Board of Directors effective March 10, 2016.
Paul R. Vigano, Chairman of Ignite Restaurant Group, stated, “We are thrilled to announce the addition of Phil to our Board. He is a financial strategist with vast experience in the restaurant and retail industries and we are excited by the global vision that he brings to Ignite. We are confident that his skills will benefit our Board.”
Mr. Vigano added, “We would also like to thank Tamara for her service to Ignite. She combined her industry experience with her skills in corporate finance to provide thoughtful guidance during her tenure on Ignite’s Board.”
Over a career that spans more than forty years, Mr. Handy has demonstrated business and financial acumen. Mr. Handy has held leadership positions in companies such as Maryland Club Foods, a nationally branded coffee/beverage company, Majik Markets, a thousand-unit convenience store and gasoline retailer, Rewards Network, Inc., a leading provider of dining and loyalty programs for restaurants, airlines and retailers, and Chart House Restaurant Group. Mr. Handy is a Cum Laude graduate of Economics, B.A. from Princeton University and he holds an MBA from Harvard Business School.
Mr. Handy founded the investment firm, Winter Park Capital, in 1980, and he currently serves as its Chief Executive Officer. Further, Mr. Handy serves on the Boards of Directors of Owens Corning, Inc. (NYSE:OC), a prominent global supplier of insulation, roofing and fiberglass composites, and Anixter International, Inc. (NYSE:AXE), a leading global supplier of communications and security products. He is also a philanthropist and he currently serves as President of the Board of Directors of the Foundation for Excellence in Education, a non-profit organization dedicated to education reform.
About Ignite Restaurant Group
Ignite Restaurant Group, Inc., headquartered in Houston, Texas, operates a portfolio of restaurant concepts, including Joe’s Crab Shack and Brick House Tavern + Tap, in a diverse set of markets across the United States. Each brand offers a variety of high-quality food in a distinctive, casual, high-energy atmosphere. For more information on Ignite and its distinctive brands, visit www.igniterestaurants.com.
SOURCE Ignite Restaurant Group
News Provided by Acquire Media
219 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Locking Down Security Business (1 views)
- Franchising Growth: Signal 88 by the Numbers (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler About The Signal 88 Culture and Our Core Values (2 views)
- Franchise growth, stylist opportunities, philanthropies and awards “Excite” at Sport Clips Haircuts National Huddle (2 views)
- Speedpro Imagingâ€™s August 2017 Franchisee In Focus: Shira Kollins, Chicago, Illinois (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Targets Veterans to Fulfill Overwhelming Demand (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Real Heroes (1 views)
- The Carving Board Sandwiches Serves Up National Franchise Opportunities (1 views)
- Build Your Dream Lineup At Taco Johnâ€™sÂ® (1 views)
- AAMCO Expanding Brand’s Footprint With 18 New Centers Nationwide (1 views)
- FASTSIGNSÂ® International, Inc. CEO Catherine Monson to Speak at U.S. Chamber of Commerce Small Business Series (1 views)
- Salata To Open In Quail Springs Thursday (1 views)
- Back Yard Burger Supports Dine Out for No Kid Hungry (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler – The Vision is Clear (1 views)
- Creamistry Continues California Expansion (1 views)