- Sub Headline: 11TH Annual Event Raises $3.9 million for Children's Miracle Network Hospitals and Other Local Charities
- Franchise URL: http://www.IHOP.com
- Listed: March 29, 2016 9:31 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
GLENDALE, Calif. – March 28, 2016 // FranchisePOD.com // – They came, they ate, they donated. Thousands of pancake lovers nationwide walked into their local IHOP® restaurants’ doors this past March 8 to celebrate the cultural phenomenon known as National Pancake Day®. From 7AM in the morning and throughout the day until the evening, they enjoyed one free stack of world famous buttermilk pancakes from the brand that created breakfast, anytime of day—and in a show of generosity, broke all existing records for National Pancake Day with donations that totaled $3.9 million for the local Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals, Shriners Hospitals for Children, and Leukemia & Lymphoma Society in their communities. Thanks to the generosity of its guests and franchisees, IHOP easily exceeded its goal of $3.5 million, and once again was a trending topic on several social media platforms, and garnered significant media attention across the country.
This year, members of Kiwanis International, including their Key Clubs and Circle K, along with volunteers from the other charity organizations, generously participated at their local restaurants, reminding guests that these free pancakes had a purpose—helping children in their own community receive much needed medical aid and treatment.
IHOP invited guests to show their appreciation by making a voluntary donation to Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals, Shriners Hospitals for Children, Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and other local charities. The event is unique in that the funds raised at each IHOP location stay within that local community and go towards helping children in guests’ own backyard. With this latest total, National Pancake Day has now raised $24 million for charity since its inception in 2006.
The party didn’t stop at U.S. borders, though! National Pancake Day has become a widely observed international event, celebrating its 3rd anniversary in Canada and Mexico and also in Puerto Rico, Guam and the Philippines. More than 1,600 IHOP restaurants worldwide participated in enjoying pancakes with a purpose.
“Everyone at IHOP is so grateful to our franchisees, team members and guests who helped this year’s National Pancake Day celebration raise a record-breaking amount of money for sick children in our communities,” said Darren Rebelez, President, International House of Pancakes, LLC. “This has truly become a day when everyone comes together at IHOP to show the true meaning of “community”, We are proud of National Pancake Day and what it represents—and especially what it has accomplished.”
To learn more about National Pancake Day, please visit www.ihoppancakeday.com.
About International House of Pancakes, LLC
For over 57 years, International House of Pancakes, LLC has been a leader, innovator and expert in all things breakfast, any time of day. The chain offers 65 different signature, fresh made-to-order breakfast options, a wide selection of popular lunch and dinner items as well as meals under 600 calories. IHOP restaurants offer guests an affordable, everyday dining experience with warm and friendly service. As of December 31, 2015, there were 1683 IHOP restaurants in 50 states and the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Guam as well as Canada, Mexico, Guatemala, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, the United Arab Emirates,Bahrain, Qatar and the Philippines. IHOP restaurants are franchised and operated by Glendale, Calif.-based International House of Pancakes, LLC and its affiliates. International House of Pancakes, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of DineEquity, Inc. (NYSE: DIN).
About Kiwanis International
Founded in 1915, Kiwanis International is a global organization of clubs and members dedicated to serving the children of the world. Kiwanis and its family of clubs, including Circle K International for university students,Key Club for high school students, Builders Club for middle school students, Kiwanis Kids for elementary school students and Aktion Club for adults living with disabilities, annually dedicate more than 18.5 million hours and raise more than $100 million to strengthen communities and serve children. Nearly 670,000 adult and youth members in more than 80 countries and geographic areas comprise the Kiwanis International family. For more information about Kiwanis International, visit www.kiwanis.org.
About Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals
Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals® raises funds and awareness for 170 member hospitals that provide 32 million treatments each year to kids across the U.S. and Canada. Donations stay local to fund critical treatments and healthcare services, pediatric medical equipment and charitable care. Since 1983, Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals has raised more than $5 billion, most of it $1 at a time through the charity’s Miracle Balloon icon. Its various fundraising partners and programs support the nonprofit’s mission to save and improve the lives of as many children as possible. Find out why children’s hospitals need community support, identify your member hospital and learn how you can Put Your Money Where the Miracles Are, at CMNHospitals.org and facebook.com/CMNHospitals.
Abou The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society®
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society® (LLS) is the world’s largest voluntary health agency dedicated to blood cancer. The LLS mission: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. LLS funds lifesaving blood cancer research around the world, provides free information and support services, and is the voice for all blood cancer patients seeking access to quality, affordable, coordinated care. Founded in 1949 and headquartered in White Plains, NY, LLS has chapters throughout the United States and Canada. To learn more, visit www.LLS.org.
About Shriners Hospitals for Children
Shriners Hospitals for Children is changing lives every day through innovative pediatric specialty care, world-class research and outstanding medical education. Our 23 facilities, located in the United States, Canada andMexico, provide advanced care for children with orthopedic conditions, burns, spinal cord injuries, and cleft lip and palate. Learn more at www.shrinershospitalsforchildren.org.
SOURCE International House of Pancakes, LLC
Wills Communications, Inc.
200 total views, 3 today
Popular Ads Today
- How This U.S. Veteran Thrived as a Signal 88 Franchisee (4 views)
- Sport Clips Emerging Market Franchise Opportunities (3 views)
- Signal 88 Locking Down Security Business (2 views)
- Mosquito Squad Recognized As One Of America’s Fastest Growing Companies By Inc. Magazine For Seventh Consecutive Year (4 views)
- New Wag N’ Wash in Redmond Part of 15-Store Expansion Plan (4 views)
- Signal 88 Security – Reed Nyffeler – The Ideal Franchise Candidate (3 views)
- IFA NAMES GORDON LOGAN AS THE 2016 ENTREPRENEUR OF THE YEAR (3 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise: Why Signal 88? (3 views)
- FOCUS Brands Celebrates the Opening of 600 International Stores for both Auntie Anne’s ® and Cinnabon ® Brands (3 views)
- Ziebart Announces New Product To Its Protection And Appearance Line-Up, Ceramic Z-Gloss® Paint Coating, Longest Lasting Paint Coating On The Market (3 views)
- Home Care Assistance of Pembroke Pines Receives 2017 Best of Home Care® Provider and Employer of Choice Awards (2 views)
- Moran Family of Brands Announces Franchisees of the Year (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS INTERNATIONAL, INC. CEO CATHERINE MONSON TO SHARE SUCCESS STRATEGIES AT DALLAS C-SUITE NETWORK CONFERENCE (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security – Reed Nyffeler – Signal 88’s Vision (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS® Recruiting Franchisees to Drive Aggressive Growth During International Franchise Expo in New York City June 15-17 (2 views)