International Franchise Association’s Franchise Education & Research Foundation Announces Call for Nominations for 2016 Franchising Gives Back Annual Awards
- Sub Headline: Second Annual Foundation Awards Will Honor Most Innovative Community Leaders and Charitable Programs on Sept. 12 in Washington, D.C.
- City: Washington
- State: District of Columbia
- Franchise URL: http://www.franchise.org or http://www.franchisinggivesback.org/awards
- Listed: February 19, 2016 9:06 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
WASHINGTON, Feb. 19, 2016 /FranchisePOD.com/ — The International Franchise Association’s (IFA) Franchise Education & Research Foundation announced today it is accepting nominations for the 2016 Franchising Gives Back Annual Awards. In partnership with Roark Capital Group, the second annual awards program salutes the best, most innovative community leaders and charitable programs nationwide. Winners will be honored at an awards celebration and dinner on Sept. 12 during the IFA’s Franchise Action Network Annual Meeting in Washington, D.C.
“Franchising Gives Back celebrates charitable support and exemplary leadership in the franchise community across the country,” said Steve Romaniello, CFE, managing director, Roark Capital Group. “Franchise businesses are constantly giving back to communities nationwide, and we’re excited to recognize those companies, franchisees and suppliers that are truly making a difference.”
“The response to Franchising Gives Back during our first year was overwhelmingly positive, and we’re grateful for the tremendous support we received from IFA members, as well as their charitable partners,” said John Reynolds, CFE, president of the Franchise Education & Research Foundation. “As Franchising Gives Back and the awards program continue to grow, we encourage franchisors, franchisees and supplier partners to get involved and share their stories about the impact they’re making around the country.”
Now through June 17, current IFA members and/or any of their affiliated organizations are invited to visit franchisinggivesback.org/awards and nominate their company’s charitable initiatives performed in 2015. Winners will be selected in five categories:
- Spirit of Franchising Award — honors an IFA member whose charitable or community support program embodies the spirit of what it means to be a part of the franchising industry by giving back to his or her local community.
- The Newcomer Award — highlights a new charitable or community support program launched that has made a significant impact on a local community.
- Enduring Impact Award — honors an IFA member with a longstanding commitment to his or her community that has been executing an outstanding charitable or community support program(s) for at least five consecutive years.
- Support Our Veterans Award — recognizes an IFA member whose charitable or community support program has gone above and beyond the call of duty to help those men and women who have served in the U.S. military and their families, and positively impacted their local community along the way.
- Innovation and Impact Award — honors an IFA member whose charitable or community support program focused on using creative, innovative ways to maximize the benefits and impact on their community with limited resources.
Last year, the IFA Educational Foundation recognized five Gold Winners, including: Denny’s (Share Our Strength / No Kid Hungry), Jersey Mike’s Subs (Wipe Out Kid’s Cancer), CertaPro Painters (Home for Our Troops), Figaro’s Pizza, Inc. (H.E.L.P The Charity) and Church’s Chicken (Church’s Partner Foundation).
Ten additional Silver Award Winners were recognized, including: Massage Envy Spa (The Arthritis Foundation), Sport Clips (American Red Cross), Marriott International (Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals), The Melting Pot (St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital), CKE Restaurant Holdings, Inc. (Gary Sinise Foundation), Golden Corral Buffet & Grill (Camp Corral), Jibu (Jibu Water Program), Wingstop (North Texas Food Bank) Moe’s Southwest Grill in Abilene, Texas (Taylor County Sheriff’s Office) and SOLDIERFIT (22 Needs A Face). For more information about the 2015 winners, visit http://franchisinggivesback.org/awards/awards-winners/.
Franchising Gives Back depends on donations to the Franchise Education & Research Foundation. For more information on contributing to Franchising Gives Back through its partner program — including sponsorship opportunities and tickets for the Annual Awards Celebration & Dinner — please visit franchisinggivesback.org/who-we-are/partners/.
About the Franchise Education & Research Foundation
Founded in 1983, the Franchise Education & Research Foundation is a 501 (c)(3) tax-exempt organization and supported through the generous contributions of IFA members and others. The Foundation’s mission is to advance franchising and the free enterprise system by increasing the knowledge and professional standards of all members of the franchising community; educating the next generation of franchise practitioners; increasing recognition of franchising’s key role in the free enterprise system; and providing comprehensive information and research about important developments and trends in franchising.
About the International Franchise Association
Celebrating 55 years of excellence, education and advocacy, the International Franchise Association is the world’s oldest and largest organization representing franchising worldwide. IFA works through its government relations and public policy, media relations and educational programs to protect, enhance and promote franchising and the more than 780,000 franchise establishments that support nearly 8.9 million direct jobs, $890 billion of economic output for the U.S. economy and 3 percent of the Gross Domestic Product (GDP). IFA members include franchise companies in over 300 different business format categories, individual franchisees and companies that support the industry in marketing, law, technology and business development.
About Roark Capital Group
Roark Capital Group is an Atlanta-based private equity firm that specializes in franchise, brand management, environmental services and marketing services companies with attractive growth prospects. Roark focuses on middle-market investment opportunities through family-owned business transfers, management and corporate buyouts, recapitalizations, going-private transactions and corporate divestitures. The firm has $3 billion of equity capital under management. For more information, visit www.roarkcapital.com.
IFA Franchise Education & Research Foundation
SOURCE International Franchise Association
624 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Locking Down Security Business (4 views)
- Sport Clips Emerging Market Franchise Opportunities (4 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (3 views)
- Decatur Tropical Smoothie Café® to Hold a Weekend Grand Opening Celebration (4 views)
- Ziebart Announces New Product To Its Protection And Appearance Line-Up, Ceramic Z-Gloss® Paint Coating, Longest Lasting Paint Coating On The Market (4 views)
- World-Famous Donut Bar to Offer Exclusive Franchise Opportunities (4 views)
- Sport Clips: Meet Our Team Leaders in New York… Tony & Danielle Reilly (4 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler About The Signal 88 Culture and Our Core Values (4 views)
- Salata To Open In Quail Springs Thursday (3 views)
- Meet our Sport Clips Team Leader in New Jersey: Ashley Gray (3 views)
- Smashburger’s New Triple Double Cheeseburger Irks California’s Giant In-N-Out Burger (3 views)
- Local franchisees recognized for charitable giving (3 views)
- E-2 Visa Holders Welcome As Nestlé® Toll House® Café by Chip® Franchisees (3 views)
- FASTSIGNS® Seeks Franchisees At ISA Sign Expo April 19-22 (3 views)
- Creamistry Continues California Expansion (3 views)