- Franchise URL: http://www.jackinthebox.com
- Listed: April 22, 2016 10:08 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
SAN DIEGO – April 22, 2016 – (FranchisePOD.com) – The Jack in the Box Foundation today announced a $375,000 donation to Big Brothers Big Sisters, which will allocate a large portion of the funds to provide mentors to children from military families, including children of the deployed, children of the fallen and children of the wounded and disabled.
Monies for the donation were raised during the 26th annual Jack in the Box® Charity Golf Tournament, which was held April 13-14 in La Quinta, California. Nearly 400 Jack in the Box® restaurant franchisees, employees and vendors attended the event at La Quinta Resort & Club. Joining the Jack in the Box Foundation as co-title sponsor for this year’s event was the Jack in the Box National Franchise Association.
The Jack in the Box Foundation has donated more than $650,000 to Big Brothers Big Sisters in 2016, including a $167,000 donation representing proceeds from the sale of a limited-edition ornament during the holidays.
About Big Brothers Big Sisters
Big Brothers Big Sisters, the nation’s largest donor- and volunteer-supported mentoring network, holds itself accountable for children in its program to achieve measurable outcomes such as educational success, avoidance of risky behaviors, higher aspirations, greater confidence and better relationships. Partnering with parents/guardians, schools, corporations and others in the community, Big Brothers Big Sisters carefully pairs children (“Littles”) with screened volunteer mentors (“Bigs”) and monitors and supports these one-to-one mentoring matches throughout their course. The Big Brothers Big Sisters Youth Outcomes Survey substantiates that its mentoring programs have proven, positive academic, socio-emotional and behavioral outcomes for youth, areas linked to high school graduation, avoidance of juvenile delinquency, and college or job readiness.
Big Brothers Big Sisters provides children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported one-to-one mentoring relationships that change their lives for the better, forever. This mission has been the cornerstone of the organization’s 110-year history. With 313 agencies across the country, Big Brothers Big Sisters serves nearly 200,000 children, their families and 200,000 volunteer mentors. Learn more at www.BigBrothersBigSisters.org.
About The Jack in the Box Foundation
Jack in the Box Inc. (NASDAQ: JACK), based in San Diego, is a restaurant company that operates and franchises Jack in the Box® restaurants, one of the nation’s largest hamburger chains, with more than 2,200 restaurants in 21 states and Guam. The company created the Jack in the Box Foundation in 1998 to focus its charitable giving efforts and make a greater impact in Jack in the Box® restaurant communities. The Jack in the Box Foundation is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization funded by donations from Jack in the Box Inc., its employees, franchisees and vendors. The Jack in the Box Foundation has contributed nearly $9 million in financial and in-kind support to Big Brothers Big Sisters since 1998. For more information about Jack in the Box, visit jackinthebox.com, or connect with Jack on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Vine.
SOURCE The Jack in the Box Foundation
The Jack in the Box Foundation
187 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (5 views)
- Meet The Signal 88 Security Franchise Leadership Team (4 views)
- Atlanta Area Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt Franchise (7 views)
- FASTSIGNS® RECOGNIZED FOR OUTSTANDING WEBSITE IN THE 2016 WEBAWARDS COMPETITION (5 views)
- Moran Family of Brands Announces Franchisees of the Year (4 views)
- Tin Drum Asian Kitchen Taps Hot Foodie Trend with New Poke Menu Offerings (3 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Real Heroes (3 views)
- Build Your Dream Lineup At Taco John’s® (2 views)
- Ziebart Announces New Product To Its Protection And Appearance Line-Up, Ceramic Z-Gloss® Paint Coating, Longest Lasting Paint Coating On The Market (2 views)
- Ace Signs of Texas Becomes FASTSIGNS of Killeen (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise – Reed Nyffeler – The Role of the Annual Convention (2 views)
- Speedpro Imaging’s August 2017 Franchisee In Focus: Shira Kollins, Chicago, Illinois (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise: Why Signal 88? (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS: HOW SIGNS AND GRAPHICS HELP MAKE EVENTS MORE SUCCESSFUL (2 views)
- World-Famous Donut Bar to Offer Exclusive Franchise Opportunities (2 views)