- Sub Headline: Partnership Strives to Expand Veteran Employment Opportunities Nationwide
- Franchise URL: http://www.JDogJunkRemoval.com
- Listed: June 23, 2016 7:18 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
June 23, 2016 (FranchisePOD.com) BERWYN, Pa. – JDog Junk Removal & Hauling, a company created by and for military veterans, is partnering with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) to help veterans find jobs in their communities. VA’s therapeutic Veterans’ employment program Compensated Work Therapy (CWT) managers will work with JDog franchise owners to provide work opportunities for veterans. CWT uses vocational rehabilitation and business partnerships to help veterans enhance job skills and find employment.
Through this partnership, VA and JDog franchise owners – who are exclusively military veterans or military family members – will create local operation agreements for veterans in the CWT program that receive VA health care services and are re-entering the community.
“This partnership with JDog is an important step in our mission of helping veterans find jobs and encouraging successful reintegration into the community,” said Dr. Shana Bakken, National Director of CWT. “We are excited about this opportunity to help put veterans to work for a cause they can relate to – a company offering service with a military edge.”
The partnership idea was sparked because of initial success in 2012 when JDog’s Founder Jerry Flanagan, previous owner of JDog Junk Removal in Chesterbrook, Pa., utilized the CWT program as a way to provide work opportunities for veterans with his local franchise. Flanagan knew the CWT program would match well with the camaraderie found within JDog.
“JDog provides an environment for people who understand the notion of service to our country, hard work and dedication and we are honored to partner with the VA to continue spreading this mission,” said Jerry Flanagan, CEO and Founder of JDog. “We have already seen the benefits from this program firsthand and look forward to more success throughout the U.S.”
JDog franchises are offered exclusively to military veterans and their family members. Franchises operate easily recognizable, camouflage vehicles and trailers and wear military-style uniforms. JDog recycles and repurposes a substantial amount of the collected material. The Philadelphia-based company works closely with local and national organizations such as Goodwill and Habitat for Humanity, and local schools, churches and hospitals to donate useful items to those in need.
About JDog Junk Removal & Hauling
JDog Junk Removal & Hauling is a national company that awards franchises exclusively to military veterans and veteran family members – people who understand the notion of service to our country, hard work, and dedication. The company is committed to offering its proven operating model to veterans and military family members, enabling them to realize the American dream of business ownership. JDog has awarded 61 territories operating in 25 states and is actively looking for qualified franchisees to join the JDog movement nationwide. For more information on JDog Junk Removal & Hauling, please visit www.jdog.com.
About VA’s Compensated Work Therapy (CWT) Program
Compensated Work Therapy (CWT) is a Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) vocational rehabilitation program to match and support work-ready Veterans in competitive jobs, and to consult with business and industry regarding their specific employment needs. CWT programs strive to maintain strong, long-term relationships with business and industry in promoting employment opportunities for Veterans with disabilities. The CWT program serves approximately 100,000 Veterans annually. For more information about VA’s Compensated Work Therapy program please visit: http://www.va.gov/health/cwt/
SOURCE JDog Junk Removal & Hauling
Fishman Public Relations
436 total views, 2 today
Popular Ads Today
- How This U.S. Veteran Thrived as a Signal 88 Franchisee (4 views)
- Sport Clips Emerging Market Franchise Opportunities (3 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- Signal 88 Locking Down Security Business (2 views)
- Mosquito Squad Recognized As One Of America’s Fastest Growing Companies By Inc. Magazine For Seventh Consecutive Year (4 views)
- New Wag N’ Wash in Redmond Part of 15-Store Expansion Plan (4 views)
- Signal 88 Security – Reed Nyffeler – The Ideal Franchise Candidate (3 views)
- IFA NAMES GORDON LOGAN AS THE 2016 ENTREPRENEUR OF THE YEAR (3 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise: Why Signal 88? (3 views)
- FOCUS Brands Celebrates the Opening of 600 International Stores for both Auntie Anne’s ® and Cinnabon ® Brands (3 views)
- Ziebart Announces New Product To Its Protection And Appearance Line-Up, Ceramic Z-Gloss® Paint Coating, Longest Lasting Paint Coating On The Market (3 views)
- Home Care Assistance of Pembroke Pines Receives 2017 Best of Home Care® Provider and Employer of Choice Awards (2 views)
- Moran Family of Brands Announces Franchisees of the Year (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS INTERNATIONAL, INC. CEO CATHERINE MONSON TO SHARE SUCCESS STRATEGIES AT DALLAS C-SUITE NETWORK CONFERENCE (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security – Reed Nyffeler – Signal 88’s Vision (2 views)