- Franchise URL: http://www.jerseymikes.com
- Listed: April 21, 2016 3:37 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
April 21, 2016 // FranchisePOD.com // MANASQUAN, N.J. – Jersey Mike’s Subs, known for its authentic fresh sliced/fresh grilled subs, recognized exemplary team members last week at its National Conference in Orlando. More than 1,000 franchise owners, managers and others gathered to celebrate the company’s 60th anniversary, while gaining inspiration and education.
“If we take a moment to reflect back, I am proud of adding to an existing legacy…serving Mike’s/Jersey Mike’s for 45 years,” said Founder and CEO Peter Cancro, who bought the original Mike’s Subs at age 17. “Very few restaurant companies are able to cross the 1,000 store mark and we are here because of our tremendous franchise owners, operators and other team members.”
Cancro along with Hoyt Jones, President, and Michael Manzo, Chief Operating Officer, presented awards, including the following:
- Manager of the Year – Kyanna Isaacson. Isaacson started working at Jersey Mike’s in 2008 when she was just 16 years old. She now manages the Stevenson Ranch, California location and looks forward to being a franchise owner.
- The Rookie – Jim Sirotnak. After working as a dentist for 25 years, Sirotnak sold his practice and joined Jersey Mike’s. He now owns three thriving locations in Pennsylvania.
- Multi-unit Operator of the Year – Chris Brown. A Jersey Mike’s franchisee since 2008, Brown now owns 25 locations in Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and Tennessee.
- President’s Award – Alvaro Garcia. Garcia moved to the U.S. from Nicaragua at age 16 and began his foodservice career in 1991 as a Domino’s delivery driver. In the last five years, Alvaro has opened 34 Jersey Mike’s sub shops in the greater Los Angeles area with plans to continue growing.
- Franchisee of the Year – Bob Middleton, Bill Biga, and Carl Chandler of Sharing the Bread, Inc. This Jersey Mike’s franchise team has opened 11 restaurants in Michigan, with more to come. In addition to winning Jersey Mike’s Franchisee of the Year, the team was named Michigan Franchisee of the Year and received a Regional Excellence Award.
About Jersey Mike’s
Jersey Mike’s, a fast-casual sub sandwich franchise with more than 1,500 locations open and under development nationwide, believes that making a sub sandwich and making a difference can be one and the same. Jersey Mike’s offers A Sub Above®, serving authentic fresh sliced subs on freshly baked bread – the same recipe it started with in 1956 – and is passionate about giving back to its local communities. For more information, please visit www.jerseymikes.com or follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/jerseymikes) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/jerseymikes).
SOURCE Jersey Mike’s
Splash Communications, LLC
O: (603) 893-1707
M: (917) 838-4500
218 total views, 2 today
Popular Ads Today
- Watch how FASTSIGNS helped this printer with our Co-Brand program grow their business by more than 40% (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise: Why Signal 88? (4 views)
- Signal 88 Security, a Premier Security Services Franchise, Announces Strategic Growth Plan to Add Locations Nationwide (3 views)
- Go Burrito Announces Plans to Launch Franchise Opportunities (3 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Targets Veterans to Fulfill Overwhelming Demand (2 views)
- LOCAL FASTSIGNS FRANCHISEE PROVIDES SIGNS OF SUPPORT FOR BIG BROTHERS BIG SISTERS (2 views)
- Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers Celebrates 15 Years of Success (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler On the Value of the Franchise Group (2 views)
- NEW FASTSIGNS® CENTER OPENS IN FARMINGTON, NEW MEXICO (2 views)
- Speedpro Imaging’s August 2017 Franchisee In Focus: Shira Kollins, Chicago, Illinois (2 views)
- Smashburger’s New Triple Double Cheeseburger Irks California’s Giant In-N-Out Burger (2 views)
- Club Pilates Named America’s Fourth Fastest-Growing Company by Inc. Magazine (2 views)
- Shane Beard San Diego FASTSIGNS Franchisee Celebrates Over 20 years of Success (1 views)
- E-2 Visa Holders Welcome As Nestlé® Toll House® Café by Chip® Franchisees (1 views)