- Sub Headline: Owners Celebrate With Free Sub Fundraiser
- City: Poway
- State: California
- Listed: December 8, 2015 11:23 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
December 08, 2015 // FranchisePOD.com // Poway, CA – Jersey Mike’s Subs, known for its fresh sliced/fresh grilled subs, opened in Poway on December 2. Franchise owners Steve Leonard and Fred Downey held a grand opening and free sub fundraiser from Wednesday, December 2 to Sunday, December 6 to support Cancer for College.
The new restaurant, located at 14969 Pomerado Road, circulated 10,000 coupons throughout the community offering a free regular sub for a minimum $2 contribution to Cancer for College.
Cancer for College was formed in 1993 by Craig Pollard as a senior project while at the USC Business School. Craig was a two-time cancer survivor and witnessed firsthand the financial impact cancer can have on a family and the hope a college education can provide to a survivor.
“I have had the privilege of knowing the man behind the cause, the founder of Cancer for College – Craig Pollard,” said Steve Leonard. “Craig, a two-time cancer survivor, is not only an incredible mentor and visionary, but he provides resolute inspiration for so many young people with cancer.” Steve Leonard and his team have partnered with this worthy cause for all four of their previous grand openings.
Leonard and Downey are exemplary Jersey Mike’s franchise owners who share the company’s commitment to quality products and exceptional customer service, and who are dedicated to giving back to the local community. Since 2010, Jersey Mike’s locations throughout the country have raised nearly $13 million for worthy local charities and have distributed more than 1 million free sub sandwiches to help numerous causes. This year, the company’s 5th Annual Jersey Mike’s Month of Giving in March raised more than $3 million for 150 local charities throughout the country.
About Jersey Mike’s
Started in 1956, Jersey Mike’s now has 1,500 restaurants open and under development nationwide. In 2015, for the second year in a row, the company was named the #1 fastest growing chain in the Nation’s Restaurant News Top 100, and continues to win best sub awards in virtually every market it enters.
The growth is fueled by passionate Jersey Mike’s fans who crave their subs made Mike’s Way® with the freshest vegetables – onions, lettuce and tomatoes – topped off with an exquisite zing of “the juice” – red wine vinegar and olive oil blended to perfection. Jersey Mike’s premium meats and cheeses are sliced on the spot, piled high on in-store baked bread and served up with a helping of neighborly banter from a dedicated and high-energy team.
This is the 10th Jersey Mike’s location for Steve Leonard and Fred Downey. In August 2010, they opened their first Jersey Mike’s location in San Marcos. Leonard and Downey also own Jersey Mike’s stores San Diego, Escondido, Poway, Temecula, California, and one in Cottonwood Heights, Utah.
The restaurant’s hours are 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., seven days a week. You can contact this location directly at (858) 218-8793.
SOURCE Jersey Mike’s
179 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (3 views)
- Watch how FASTSIGNS helped this printer with our Co-Brand program grow their business by more than 40% (1 views)
- Speedpro Imaging’s August 2017 Franchisee In Focus: Shira Kollins, Chicago, Illinois (2 views)
- Pizza Factory Scores Big with San Jose Sharks Partnership (2 views)
- MILITARY FAMILY RETURNS TO WASHINGTON AND OPENS LOCAL FASTSIGNS BUSINESS (1 views)
- theCoderSchool to Continue California Expansion (1 views)
- Office Evolution Makes Prestigious Inc. 5000 List of Fastest Growing U.S. Private Companies (1 views)
- Any Lab Test Now Honored For First Time On Prestigious Inc. 5000 List (1 views)
- Shell Shack – Signs 8 Unit Franchise Agreement in one of the Top 10 Restaurant Markets (1 views)
- Mother and Son Duo Start Family Business With Signal 88 Security (1 views)
- FIRST FASTSIGNS® FRANCHISE OPENS IN LAWRENCE (1 views)
- Scooter’s Coffee to Double Presence in Cedar Rapids (1 views)
- The Melting Pot Toasts to Women Winemakers During Second Annual Uncorked Program (1 views)
- Debra Sawyer: Successfully Bringing a Woman’s Touch to Sport Clips’ Guy-Themed Concept (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® CEO Catherine Monson Joins Idealliance Board of Directors (1 views)